Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I have a confession.

• smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changes are coming to animation canceling, a couple of ESO live shows back there was an animator on the show Gina asked him directly about animation canceling and he did say something was in the works but of course did not elaborate as usual.
    My guess is either they have found a away to do get rid of it or if you cancel an animation you will not get full damage, but we will have to wait and see what it is.

The ESO live episode is #22 July 17th at about the 50min mark. On Twitch past episodes.

My questions if it is part of the game that is here to stay why is it not in the tool tips ?
    The feeling I had coming away from that discussion was that they were not getting rid of animation canceling or changing the mechanics, but were instead re-working the animations associated with the canceling so they wouldn't be so awkward. The key statement I heard was they were addressing the "core problems with the way that it looks". They specifically said they didn't want to "break the game" with respect to something that was "so core to the way that combat is done".

For example, right now when an animation is canceled the one in progress just stops immediately, and the new animation starts as if from an idle stance. After re-working the animations, they could start the new action immediately, but with an animation that picks up from where the one being canceled left off. No change in the mechanics, but a significant improvement in "the way that it looks".

• Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changes are coming to animation canceling, a couple of ESO live shows back there was an animator on the show Gina asked him directly about animation canceling and he did say something was in the works but of course did not elaborate as usual.
    My guess is either they have found a away to do get rid of it or if you cancel an animation you will not get full damage, but we will have to wait and see what it is.

The ESO live episode is #22 July 17th at about the 50min mark. On Twitch past episodes.

My questions if it is part of the game that is here to stay why is it not in the tool tips ?

Tool tips are not always the best source of information ;). Also you can't get rid of animation cancel easily, because that would also mean you couldn't block or dodge whenever you want...

Question... if you overcommit with a high damage long time ability... should you beable to cancel and dodge/block ?
    Did you commit to get the extra damage or did you not ?
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't bother learning it it's gonan be removed soon isn't that right ZoS it has been complained about as much as block casting and it is a broken mechanic.

HAHAHAHAHAHAA

...necro'd
    Edited by Casterial on August 18, 2019 2:28AM
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling