Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

temper alloy

ryra4
ryra4
good morning,

whats the best way in getting Temper alloy? does mining any ore and refining it give a chance in receiving this? or does it have to be a certain type of ore?

Thanks!
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any ore any level.
    ^^

Do blacksmithing crafting writs as well, they drop pretty frequently for me.
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on August 17, 2015 3:41PM
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RNG is terribad for this... I hate ZOS
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warraxx wrote: »
    RNG is terribad for this... I hate ZOS

I don't hate ZOS but I agree, I am just heavily disappointed. The RNG really sucks for tempering alloys :(
  • ryra4
    ryra4
    thanks, another question... if i am in a dungeon for a pledge for a gold key but the dungeon is set to VR1 and i am VR5 will i get VR5 items in the gold key chest?
  • SkylarkAU
    SkylarkAU
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep.
    Skylärk // v16 Stamina DK (AvA 23)
    Elizabeth Skylark // v16 Magicka Sorc (AvA 29)
    Tauriel Skylark // v16 Stamina NB (AvA 12)
    Alexander Skylark // v2 Magicka Templar
    Terra Australis XI // v2 Magicka DK
    Nocturnal | RÀGE
    << PC/NA/AD >>

Youtube
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    ryra4 wrote: »
    good morning,

whats the best way in getting Temper alloy? does mining any ore and refining it give a chance in receiving this? or does it have to be a certain type of ore?

Thanks!

You can get the tempering alloys by refining any ore; however, your odds are significantly improved if you put skill points into the crafting passives. Yellows are still somewhat difficult to come by, but I tend to get a lot of blues and purples.

You can also get alloys by deconstructing heavy armor gear and weapons you loot. With the points in the passives you have a pretty decent chance of getting 1 alloy back when you deconstruct (again, yellows are more rare).

And as mentioned above, crafting writs are also a good place to get them.

• failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen any yellow items drop anywhere as loot, I doubt it is even possible. I've only seen them as rewards for completing weekly trials and pvp - however those items are random and can be from whatever craft or jewelry that is undeconstructable atm.
  • Sharmony
    Sharmony
    ✭✭✭
    Tempering Alloy = Writs on multiple characters and Ore.
    @Wjleppard - EU - Sharmony Youtube
    Holyfire - V16 Stamina Templar | Auriels Bow - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmony - V16 Magicka Templar | Flaming Rose - V16 Magicka Dragonknight | Rejuvenation - V16 Magicka Nightblade | Dora The (Explorer Title) - V16 Magicka Sorcerer | Critjiit - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Just Hold Block - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Stormburst - V16 Stamina Sorcerer | Ashenbourne - V16 Magicka Templar | Swims-At-Speed - V16 Magicka Templar | Sharmonknee - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmoney - V16 Magicka Warden
    Guild Affiliations: Hodor, Travelling Merchant, Aetherius Trade, Golden Goose.
    Previous Affiliations: GM of Well-Fitted, Almost Heroes, Kill All, Don't Die, Exile, Sigma Draconis, Legio Mortum
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ryra4 wrote: »
    good morning,

Thanks!

Just to let you know, I have a master metal worker who has been crafting since PC release week. He refines all Ores that any character farms and I just now after all this time have enough Gold Tempers to make a full set of gear, well, a set and a half. I have improved two metal items to Legendary, so I would have been close to two full sets.

Gold Tempers are rare, hard to come by and you need 8 of them, if you have all the passives, to improve one purple item.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"