Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Endgame Dark Elf..Nightblade or Dragon Knight

DrizztWulfgar
DrizztWulfgar
✭✭
I have a lvl 16 Dark Elf Night Blade . Since Dark elf has perk for Fire damage Should I switch to Dragon Knight or just keep my Night blade .....

will this matter endgame
Edited by DrizztWulfgar on August 16, 2015 10:25AM
  • iainoflo
    iainoflo
    Um, first thing - Dark Elves are used specifically for 2 reasons and these are not necessarily dependent on class at all.

1 - the increased fire resistance. This is not only important if your're not a vampire because so many enemies use fire, but also even more important if you're a vampire because fire damage hits a LOT harder and this lessens that quite dramatically.

2 - they have magicka passives of some sort so again this is not dependent on class - any magicka DPS build can run Dark Elf effectively and Nightblades and Dragonknights can both do magicka DPS quite well.

The question you need to ask yourself is what play style do you like. Do you like the nightblade's stealth, siphoning and various crowd-control spells over the dragonknight's more offensive fire breath, fire slash or damage absorbing shields and things. I think NB is more a ranged playstyle, and dragonknight is quite up close, but I may be wrong - I use a Dragonknight tank and a nightblade stamina DPS with bow and 2hander so I can't really comment on the magicka side.

But if you're really wanting the most powerful magicka DPS dark elf Dragonknight is supposedly the way to go, but it's something you have to decide yourself based on playstyle rather than what's the best.

TL;DR - Dark Elf Nightblade is fine with Vampire as a magicka build, but Dark Elf Dragonknight is the best for DPS. And no it won't matter so much at endgame - you can redistribute your skills, attribute points and stuff at will to play a different way if you wish.
    Edited by iainoflo on August 16, 2015 11:47AM
  • Silentmase
    You can switch your class?? or do you mean start a new character?
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Silentmase wrote: »
    You can switch your class?? or do you mean start a new character?

The OP means start a new character. There is currently no way to change the class of an already created character.
  • DrizztWulfgar
    DrizztWulfgar
    ✭✭
    Thanks guys I have started a Dragon Knight today and im at lvl 6 I will keep my Knight blade . I am going to try out both paths until i find my sweet spot. I love to stealth but just something about being a Dragon Knights raw power that makes me want it.

Thanks