Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

What Does The Charged Trait Do Exactly?

MilwaukeeScott
MilwaukeeScott
✭✭✭✭✭
What does the Charged trait do exactly?

"Increases enchantment charges by X%"

What exactly is an Enchantment Charge?

For example, is "Deals XX Magic Damage And Restores XX Stamina" a Charge?

Or, ""Reduce Targets Armor By XX for 5 Seconds" a Charge?

How would Charged affect the above enchantments?

Thank you for any and all help!
PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    As I understand it. it is a trait only for weapons. weapon enchantments has to be charged. It means it enchantmenteffect will wear off after a certain amount of hits. although nobody ever calculated the amount of hits, lets asume it is at default 10,000 hits. With the charged trait on a gray (normal) weapon, it is increased by 25%. so this means the enchantment needs recharge after 12,500 hits. on a legendary weapon it is increased by 125%, so it then lasts 22,500 hits.

So it dsoes not increase the enchantmenteffect, but it increases the time it takes to wear out and need another recharge.
    In other words...all it does is saving soulgems.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [quote="Ranique;2147249"
    So it dsoes not increase the enchantmenteffect, but it increases the time it takes to wear out and need another recharge.
    In other words...all it does is saving soulgems.[/quote]

Which you do not need :)
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »

Ahh, that Charge.

Thank you!

PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    Ranique wrote: »

Which you do not need :)

thought that that conclusion was for everyone to draw on their own, but ye. I agree!
    Maybe at low levels you can have a shortage of soulgems. But as you level up you will have more then enough.
    And you also will have leftovers (when you turn level 10, petty soulgems become useless to rez. But they are still perfect for charging up weapons. It takes more then 1, but it is an awesome way to get rid of those left over filled soulgems)

PC player - EU
  • Soulsix
    Soulsix
    ✭✭
    @MilwaukeeScott keep in mind a decent set rings and a necklace can be enchanted as they do not need charging, any bonus is better then no bonus so they can be affected by that trait as well. I dont know your stats or in game or progression character wise but my two rings alone are 3k+ flame resist plus the 200% i gain from charged traits. really makes flame attacks on my vampire a mere annoyance =)
    Woking Mans Guild, Laid Back Questing And Help - ESG - On ESO NA - To Join Contact SoulSix (Syphiona) OR SS Arogonian

• Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soulsix wrote: »
    @MilwaukeeScott keep in mind a decent set rings and a necklace can be enchanted as they do not need charging, any bonus is better then no bonus so they can be affected by that trait as well. I dont know your stats or in game or progression character wise but my two rings alone are 3k+ flame resist plus the 200% i gain from charged traits. really makes flame attacks on my vampire a mere annoyance =)

uuuhmmm... traits only affect the item that has the trait (and the trait bonus either goes to the item or straith to the stats). A trait on a weapon has no affect on a trait on a ring or necklace. As traits are applied when you craft the item and as jewels are not craftable, they don't have trait effects at all.

I think you are confusing that you can put jeweller enchantments on jewels that are different from the weapon enchantments and the armor enchantments. but the weapontrait charged has no influence at all on the enchantments on your jewelry. Your likely talking bout an enchantment made of an invert potency rune, any aspect rune and a rakeipa rune. That will create a jewelry rune that decreases firedamage. That is indeed good to counter firedamage on vampires, but it has nothing to do with the charged trait at all.

PC player - EU
  • Soulsix
    Soulsix
    ✭✭
    @Ranique soul stands corrected :)

"Your likely talking bout an enchantment made of an invert potency rune, any aspect rune and a rakeipa rune. That will create a jewelry rune that decreases firedamage."

indeed i was speeking of that ^. but my misconception was indeed pointed out, ty sir
    Woking Mans Guild, Laid Back Questing And Help - ESG - On ESO NA - To Join Contact SoulSix (Syphiona) OR SS Arogonian