Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why do zergs get 57.5% free damage reduction?

• eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GRxKnight wrote: »
    Rylana wrote: »
    jrkhan wrote: »
    I believe the following is still in effect since 1.6:
    "Removed hard caps on the number of targets that can be affected by area of effect abilities.
    AoE abilities can now hit up to 60 targets; the first 6 will take 100% damage, the next 24 targets will take 50% damage, and the last 30 targets will take 25% damage.
    Abilities that apply a secondary effect, such as Dark Talons, will only immobilize the first 6 targets who take damage."

Why should this apply to players taking aoe damage in pvp?
    Let's say you have an aoe that hits 60 players..
    10% of those players take 100% damage, 40% take 50% damage, and 50% are tickled for 25% damage.

So your average player has damage reduced by 57.5%
    Does this promote tactical small group play, or does it encourage stacking as many people as possible on to one spot for free damage reduction?
    These extra players don't really even need to contribute, just by being there they reduce the chance that any other players take full damage from aoes.

And this is why you see the organized raids running with cannon fodder support groups.

16 players in their main group, the group they claim to be, 30-40 running with them that dont "count"

But in the end, the AD blob on Haderus, for example, is 50 strong all of the time.

Implying that the AD on Haderus is the only one who does this

Yeah, all factions have groups pulling this ***.

They run around with a trail of 30-40 pugs, supporting them with Meteor spam and of course canon fodder, they can hide behind.

You eventually die ofc, because so outnumbered. They whisperer you: "We wiped you with only 12 of us lol l2p".

So funny. Pugs apparently dont count as actual players, even when their size exceeds the Genghis Khan army.
  • InvictoNZ
    InvictoNZ
    ✭✭✭
    1) divide all shields by the number of targets shielded.

2) multiply the AoE damage by the number of targets damaged.

3) either:
    A) one shield at a time active
    B) make recasting an existing shield not refresh the hp

I'm sure the server can handle this (lol).
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »
    Remove AoE cap. Its been said since day one. Zergs are gonna get REAL in 1.7.
    Zerg versus your 10-player AoE blob or your 10-player AoE blob versus solo players.

Same old, same old.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on August 17, 2015 3:05AM
  • Cinna
    Cinna
    ✭✭✭
    Please remove aoe cap in pvp at least from a couple of pbaoe abilities. Otherwise there won't be street brawls in IC and its sewers, but zerg trains flushing through everything and everyone...
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Ishammael wrote: »
    Remove AoE cap. Its been said since day one. Zergs are gonna get REAL in 1.7.
    Zerg versus your 10-player AoE blob or your 10-player AoE blob versus solo players.

Same old, same old.

Greater numbers always has an advantage becuase of... Greater numbers. No need to strengthen the advantage by dropping damage after a certain number of people.

Oh yeah, and bring back dynamic ultimate. That way small groups have a chance against larger groups.
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest issue I see with removing AOE restrictions would be how easy it would make it to farm AP off of noob groups and die-hard zerg groups.

Maybe the AOE restriction should be based on kill credit rather than damage. By that I mean hitting 1 person with aoe or hitting 200 should hit them all for the same damage, yet there is an upper limit as to the amount of people you hit that you would get credit for hitting, thus avoiding the problem of AP or even Tel Var stone gain being too easy.

Just a thought, I think there are problems with that too, but no matter where you go with the issue, you will run into problems, so the best thing to do would be to analyze which problems cause the least anguish and which problems are the easiest to deal with and play with.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Farorin wrote: »
    The biggest issue I see with removing AOE restrictions would be how easy it would make it to farm AP off of noob groups and die-hard zerg groups.

Maybe the AOE restriction should be based on kill credit rather than damage. By that I mean hitting 1 person with aoe or hitting 200 should hit them all for the same damage, yet there is an upper limit as to the amount of people you hit that you would get credit for hitting, thus avoiding the problem of AP or even Tel Var stone gain being too easy.

Just a thought, I think there are problems with that too, but no matter where you go with the issue, you will run into problems, so the best thing to do would be to analyze which problems cause the least anguish and which problems are the easiest to deal with and play with.

That's stupid, the enemy didn't stack up just because it's funny but because it's effective.
    If they are dumb enough to stack up in a situation where it's actually a bad idea, the players killing them should be rewarded for it just as they are when killing a larger group now because they spread out.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU