Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

A little help with magicka

JankH
JankH
I'm having a bit if trouble increasing my max magicka and for my level its pretty damn low (I'm currently VR10) - I think I'm sitting at around 23k magicka and I've been doing everything like placing glyphs on my gear and still its low. I'm thinking it might be to do with the set I'm wearing which does not give me much of a magicka boost but I'm not sure.

Any help will be appreciated :)

PC EU
  • BaconMagic
    BaconMagic
    ✭✭✭
    Stats, race, gear? Need more info. 23k doesn't sound awful depending.
  • Tessie
    Tessie
    ✭✭✭
    Inner Light and bound armor give bonus. Slotting any mage's guild ability gives a bonus with passive.
    Edited by Tessie on August 14, 2015 1:14AM
  • Vusn
    Vusn
    Are you using food? It will increase your magicka by 4k+, and is super cheap so you can be buffed 100% of the time.

Are you utilizing mundus stone for +magicka?
  • JankH
    JankH
    BaconMagic wrote: »
    Stats, race, gear? Need more info. 23k doesn't sound awful depending.

I'm a high elf sorcerer and the gear I'm wearing is a mix of the VR10 light pact armor and the cyrodils light armor.

PC EU
  • JankH
    JankH
    Tessie wrote: »
    Inner Light and bound armor give bonus. Slotting any mage's guild ability gives a bonus with passive.

I've tried using those abilities in the pvp build I use but they would take away valuable slots. (pvp is what I do mostly)
    PC EU
  • JankH
    JankH
    Vusn wrote: »
    Are you using food? It will increase your magicka by 4k+, and is super cheap so you can be buffed 100% of the time.

Are you utilizing mundus stone for +magicka?

I've considered using food but...I don't actually know where to get any apart from stealing it :/ and I do use the mundus stone that increases max magicka.

Edited by JankH on August 14, 2015 10:33AM
    PC EU
  • Vusn
    Vusn
    Go to any guild store, there is TONS of cheap food. I'd highly recommend using food to increase your magicka.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    JankH wrote: »

I've tried using those abilities in the pvp build I use but they would take away valuable slots. (pvp is what I do mostly)

A common mistake I see people making when making abuild is that they pack like 4 dps skills. You can only use one skill at a time and they all drain from the same pool. There is no cooldown, so it is just as good as spamming 1 good dps skill 4 times as rotating between 4 different skills. The reason to pack other skills is utility and support. A dps skill that also snares or KD's is a good alternative (even if it costs more) and a good reason to pack a second. but also pure utility skills like inner light.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • JankH
    JankH
    Vusn wrote: »
    Go to any guild store, there is TONS of cheap food. I'd highly recommend using food to increase your magicka.

ah ok thanks :)
    PC EU
  • JankH
    JankH
    Ranique wrote: »

A common mistake I see people making when making abuild is that they pack like 4 dps skills. You can only use one skill at a time and they all drain from the same pool. There is no cooldown, so it is just as good as spamming 1 good dps skill 4 times as rotating between 4 different skills. The reason to pack other skills is utility and support. A dps skill that also snares or KD's is a good alternative (even if it costs more) and a good reason to pack a second. but also pure utility skills like inner light.

I see what you mean but there's only one DPS skill I use which is crushing shock so I'm thinking the problem isn't because of having a lot of DPS skills.

The pvp build I'm using is Deltias frag out build (which is working very well for me apart from the magicka side of it) I do use dark conversion which helps quite a bit but its a bit of a hassle having to stop mid fight to gain my magicka back.

Edited by JankH on August 14, 2015 1:52PM
    PC EU
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭

I see what you mean but there's only one DPS skill I use which is crushing shock so I'm thinking the problem isn't because of having a lot of DPS.

The pvp build I'm using is Deltias frag out build (which is working very well for me apart from the magicka side of it) I do use dark conversion which helps quite a bit but its a bit of a hassle having to stop mid fight to gain my magicka back.
    I looked at the build and specifically how it maintains magicka. I like his builds a lot, but they often depends a lot on the balance. He uses a lot of green champion points in magicka recovery, which I guess you don't have. Off course increasing magicka recovery to sustain longer will mean lowering your magicka and therefor your spell damage. But then again, the lack of having magicka to power your skills is no good for dps either ;)
    So my advice is to sacrifice magicka for magicka recovery untill you have the championpoints to boost up the recovery that way.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • JankH
    JankH

I see what you mean but there's only one DPS skill I use which is crushing shock so I'm thinking the problem isn't because of having a lot of DPS.

I looked at the build and specifically how it maintains magicka. I like his builds a lot, but they often depends a lot on the balance. He uses a lot of green champion points in magicka recovery, which I guess you don't have. Off course increasing magicka recovery to sustain longer will mean lowering your magicka and therefor your spell damage. But then again, the lack of having magicka to power your skills is no good for dps either ;)
    So my advice is to sacrifice magicka for magicka recovery untill you have the championpoints to boost up the recovery that way.

ah ok, I see what you mean and I'll look into it - thanks for the explanation :)

Edited by JankH on August 14, 2015 1:52PM
    PC EU
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feed your fellow sorc. Please. PLEASE!