The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Height Scale Diagram

DrunkenDaedra
Many people having problems about race's height( example:boy wanna play as imperial and girl wants to play altmer but there is a huge heigh difrence) in game there is no re-creation kits etc.(many people realese they look like midgets after many levels) This, disturbs many players and lowers the connection between player and the character.
Diagram to give some information about height:

http://i.imgur.com/aQnGFfv.jpg you can clearly see races here.(İ m still in shock a slave race khajit tall as altmer)
Edited by DrunkenDaedra on August 14, 2015 12:32PM
  • mandrakethebard_ESO
    The feeling some people have about feeling short is exacerbated by the high volume of people who automatically maximize the height of any character they're playing... it's like these people are determined to create a stable of mutant basketball players. If more people took a balanced view of height in character building, the height disparities would be far less noticeable.
  • SkylarkAU
    SkylarkAU
    ✭✭✭✭
    The feeling some people have about feeling short is exacerbated by the high volume of people who automatically maximize the height of any character they're playing... it's like these people are determined to create a stable of mutant basketball players. If more people took a balanced view of height in character building, the height disparities would be far less noticeable.

Maybe some of us are hoping to get picked for spacejam B)
    Skylärk // v16 Stamina DK (AvA 23)
    Elizabeth Skylark // v16 Magicka Sorc (AvA 29)
    Tauriel Skylark // v16 Stamina NB (AvA 12)
    Alexander Skylark // v2 Magicka Templar
    Terra Australis XI // v2 Magicka DK
    Nocturnal | RÀGE
    << PC/NA/AD >>

Youtube
  • DrunkenDaedra
    İ dont wanna see a shortest Bosmer standing near maximized tall Altmer anymore.
  • DrunkenDaedra
    İ hope it ll be more balanced with even slider. And if it wont be balanced atleast dunmer must be tall as altmer because of Khajits.(khajits also tall as altmer)
    Edited by DrunkenDaedra on August 13, 2015 9:00PM
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play an Imperial male and bumped up the height slider a couple of notches thinking I was tall...

Many of the NPCs are taller than me, not to mention all the other players.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • DrunkenDaedra
    Yea you cant realise with it, it is too long i count 15 click on slider.
  • EWarn82
    EWarn82
    Soul Shriven
    Ha! I go in the other direction. My Bosmer is at the shortest end of the spectrum. Figured it would make it perfect for a thief.
    Akel Armen - Half Altmer / Half Breton Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion - PS4
    Nevros Drynn - Bosmer Thief - Daggerfall Covenant - PS4
    Gruck - Orc Cleric - Ebonheart Pact - PS4
  • DrunkenDaedra
    Bosmer is fine , i m just saying Altmer,Nords and especially Khajits r too tall and slider must be more simple. İt is ''1 to 15'' click it may be ''1 to 8'' click
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore-wise the heights are somewhat fine, except for:
    * Bosmer, who are supposed to be the shortest race, and here it looks like it's the imperials (Bosmer males are even supposed to be shorter than Bosmer females.)
    * Khajiit, who are not supposed to be as tall as Altmer or Nords (unless they are born under a specific moon, making them bigger. Also called Cathay Khajiits).
    * Orcs are supposedly the second tallest race, after Altmer.

See heights (from Skyrim): http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Races

But I like that there are so many differing heights and widths out there (even if the differences seem extreme at times). I like that one minute I will see a tall sleek Altmer and the next a "short" chubby Orc. It makes the world more alive/real.
    However, I do agree that when making your character it is difficult (if not impossible) to see how tall/short your character will be in-game. Maybe they should add a little height bar on the side of the screen. Hopefully, when they eventually add a barbershop, there will be the possibility to change your body as well as face.
    Edited by NovaMarx on August 13, 2015 10:08PM
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer is fine , i m just saying Altmer,Nords and especially Khajits r too tall and slider must be more simple. İt is ''1 to 15'' click it may be ''1 to 8'' click

Altmer and Nords are the tallest races in the known ES universe, so yes they should be quite a bit taller than the rest. The Khajiit, however, I will agree doesn't make much sense.
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • DrunkenDaedra
    Altmer and nords must be taller ofc but i think nords must be same size as orcs, khajits must be tall as imperials. And Altmers must be slightly taller than orcs and nords.
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know what's up with that picture but a max height Khajiit isn't that tall.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This diagram doesn't look right at all. You didn't mention if you used the middle slider or the highest/lowest slider? Either way, Khajiit definitely aren't that tall.

Here's a list I saw floating around last year.
    NovaMarx wrote: »
    * Orcs are supposedly the second tallest race, after Altmer.
    Not necessarily. In Morrowind Nords were taller than Orcs, in Oblivion they were the same height.
    Edited by Rosveen on August 13, 2015 11:16PM
  • DrunkenDaedra
    İ looked at character creation screen yea Khajit isnt that tall, slightly shorter. Still it doesnt make sense for lore.
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Not necessarily. In Morrowind Nords were taller than Orcs, in Oblivion they were the same height.
    Then in Skyrim Orcs were taller...they keep growing and just might match Altmer in TES 6.
  • DrunkenDaedra
    That picture also wrong i m sure Khajit(maximized or minimized at slider doesnt matter) got more heigh scale Maximized tall Khajit nearly as tall as maximized Altmer. İf you dont believe test it with a friend. You ll see...
    Edited by DrunkenDaedra on August 13, 2015 11:40PM
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I also don't think Kajiit are as tall as Altmer.

Here I did this one during the beta:
    http://m.imgur.com/NiMcBM1

Rows goes male max, female max, male min, female min. It's rough, but lining up pics like this is always going to be. There was an npc I used to scale each of these pics as close as possible. It's time someone got some guild mates together and did an actual side by side.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bosmer taller then Dunmer, Imperial and Breton? right.............Bosmer are known for being the shortest race.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How did Khajiit become so tall and Redguards so small?
    And Bosmer the same height as Dunmer and Imperials?? WTF???
    Edited by AngryNord on August 14, 2015 10:18AM
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very very inaccurate. Male bosmer is the shortest of every race.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Napoleon complex is strong with even in the gaming world. Everyone wants to be tall, haha.

I will say that I'm not amused seeing Wood Elves as tall as Nord Warriors.

Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is that we dont have any point of reference.

When the slider is set to default middle, we have no idea how high that character really is.

We can of course try to compare them with some real life in game objects but we cant do it when we make first character.

If only ZOS would put some information in character creation UI that lets say the default slider position is 1 meter 75cm. And then simply sliding right would increase height and left decrease.
  • AmakarGranaen
    AmakarGranaen
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm that this diagram is INACCURATE.
    I make [snip] of characters all the time, and bosmer are easily smallest,
    and the khajiit are much smaller than that, tiny compared to altmer.
    Your race heights are probably different from each other in this picture.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_Alex on August 14, 2015 3:02PM
    Cthulhu is coming, look busy
  • AmakarGranaen
    AmakarGranaen
    ✭✭✭
    Dunmer and argonian are also messed up.
    Even though dunmer are low life scum, they ain't the smallest race.
    Cthulhu is coming, look busy
  • DrunkenDaedra
    Rat-King wrote: »
    Dunmer and argonian are also messed up.
    Even though dunmer are low life scum, they ain't the smallest race.

Said by slave race(khajit) lover.
  • Rikal
    Rikal
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what the point of this thread is supposed to be. If you are asking for a feature to allow changing a character's appearance in game, that has already been asked for many times and is supposedly in the works. If you are asking the devs to change the height scales of the races, at this point that would be ridiculous. It's way too far down the line to consider that.
    Rikal on NA-PC (aka Rhaulikko)
  • DrunkenDaedra
    İ know it wont be changed just telling people scales are not balanced for some races, giving them info about height and Slider at character creation screen one of the worst thing in this game, people must know this.
    İf you got a little obsesion and care for aestetic, create a minimized Altmer and be happy cause all other nice races looks like midgets(not counting bosmer,khajit,nords,orcs)
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know... You actually have a point. I knew how tall each race was because I played previous TES games, but for someone new to the series it's a complete mystery. There should be an indication of the average height in character creator so we can see if our race is exceptionally tall or short.
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The feeling some people have about feeling short is exacerbated by the high volume of people who automatically maximize the height of any character they're playing...
    Looks like "not being short" is similar sort of natural male urge as "being pretty" is for females. :tongue:
  • Azurulia
    Azurulia
    ✭✭✭

As a really tall person IRL, I make all my characters as short as possible in any game I play.

Constantly bumping your head into things and having to crawl to reach things on the bottom shelves in exchange for reaching the top shelf isn't all that it's cracked up to be, shorties. :tongue:
    Edited by Azurulia on August 15, 2015 12:13PM
    Criminal Scum:
    50 Breton Templar Healer: Olivine Azshara | 42 Orc Dragonknight Tank: Olivine Claremont | 50 Kahjiit Safe Cracker: Cracks-The-Safes | 50 Kahjiit Serial Killer: Cereal-The-Killer <Current Bounty: 1,231,318 gold>

"Whoever said crime doesn't pay clearly hasn't met Azu." -@Sloris