Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

I am quite new to the game need help

Pauliepablo
hi there every one I am just starting out in eso and never played skyrim :(
What is the best way to go about getting good armour and weapons ? Is making the the best ? I generally have no idea please help
  • Winterpsy
    Winterpsy
    ✭✭✭
    It's useful to pick up crafting skills. You can eventually craft fitting sets with it, without the need to find someone who can do that for you, not to mention you can update your gear when you outlevel it.
    + you can get several rewards for crafting quests.

Crafted equipment is better than most drops.
    Crafted food/drink > bought food/drink
    Crafted potions > bought/drop potion
    Crafted equipment > bought/dorp equipment
    Edited by Winterpsy on August 13, 2015 10:26AM
    Big fat Nord Dragon knight with a huge hammer. - Tank
    Stealthy argonian witch templar - Healer (lowbie)
  • Woftis
    Woftis
    Hi Paulie,

The first thing is, I would recommend never buying weapons or armour - it's just a waste of money.

I think straight into the game your best armour will be found throughput it the world, e.g. Looting bodies, chests etc. You should start coming across bits and pieces pretty quickly especially as quest rewards.

That said, I strongly recommend working on your smithing skills as soon as you can and you'll be making your own armour in no time. A good way to level your smithing is find a shop full of armour, steal it all and then deconstruct it. You'll also earn loads of materials from this to start building armour. Of course, if you're caught stealing, you'll incur a bounty!

I would suggest always jumping into a store before you log off, stealing everything (don't even pay attention to the bounty!) and then turning your console off. The bounty times out after a while, whether you're logged in or not, so next time you log back in you'll have 0 bounty and loads of goods to decon! It's worthh calling out, you should stay inside the shop when you log off as guards won't come in.

Hope the above helps, if you by any chance are Admeri Dominion, Xbox one EU, I'll happily meet up with you in game to help you get your crafting underway.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafting your own is definitely the way to go. You can make new stuff as you level and add whatever attributes you want. You can even craft special sets that add new stats for the number of items of it you equip. Some people create a new alt as their crafter so not to waste valuable skill points in crafting when it could go towards fighting skills. Just something to keep in mind. Depending on your character, you'll want to check out the different skill trees:

Woodworking: For things like staves and bows
    Blacksmithing: Heavy armour, Axes, Swords, daggers, etc.
    Clothing: Light Armour, Medium Armour

So if you're playing a magicka based character, you might only want to concentrate on Woodworking and Clothing to begin with. It's handy to know all of them so when you roll a new alt that uses heavy armour you'll be prepared, but if you only want to make what you need, just concentrate on the primary ones for your character.

It's extremely rewarding, and very helpful to craft your own gear instead of spending your hard earned cash on items you're just going to replace in a few levels anyway.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hi there every one I am just starting out in eso and never played skyrim :(
    Welcome...
    Fishystick.jpg

What is the best way to go about getting good armour and weapons ? Is making the the best ? I generally have no idea please help
    You can do fine on generic dropped gear at low levels. Deconstruct what you don't use or what you outlevel so you can craft your own at higher levels. As others mentioned, don't buy weapons or armor at lower levels, and usually you can skip repairs because you will keep getting new armor from drops and chests. If you really want to look more stylish or be a bit more powerful at lower level a friend can still craft you some gear. Here are the choices prior to the upcoming Imperial City patch.

At the highest levels you can use a combination of crafted sets and decent dropped sets from vet dungeons, trials, and the like. Those nicer dropped sets can be bought from guild merchants or farmed by running the relevant content over and over.

Edited by tinythinker on August 13, 2015 11:09AM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like others have hinted at, it depends on what level you are. In the beginning (and I would say almost all the way up to level 25-30), you can get some decent gear just by completing quests and looting bodies of dead enemies (especially bosses) and other objects. (Don't buy gear from NPCs or other players, at least not at until you hit Veteran.)

But you should definitely craft at some point (just be aware it eats a lot of skill points). A good tip is to always deconstruct or research armors and weapons (don't sell them to NPC merchants), that way you will acquire skill, materials, and traits for when you decide to craft. Another benefit to crafting is doing writs - these'll give you XP, gold, materials, and sometimes survey maps (which give you a good amount of extra materials).

Below is a guide to all crafts. I'm sure it'll answer most of your questions :blush:
    http://www.esouniverse.com/guides/crafting/

And here you can see the many things that you can craft:
    http://eso-fashion.com/
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to eso!

If you decide to do crafting with gear and weapons, I suggest you start researching early. You'll thank yourself later for it.

A useful tool, if you don't play on PC is a phone app called 'eso toolkit'.
    It'll help keep track of research, as well with alchemy, enchanting, and so forth.
    Also has sets in there, which gives you bonus'. Info on it can be found here http://tamrieljournal.com/crafted-item-sets-eso/

Good luck, and have fun!
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
  • Pauliepablo
    Cheers for the help guy really appreciated!!
  • FreyjaNighthawk
    Hi Paulie, I myself am a newbie at eso, I played Skyrim a little but it glitched one too many times for me so I gave up. I have found that looting has got me some half decent armour and weapons so far. I only started played a few days ago tho!

Woftis, what a brilliant way to get rid of the stolen mark on your gear. I never would of thought of that.
    Gamertag - witchvox
  • trav2609rwb17_ESO
    trav2609rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Woftis, what a brilliant way to get rid of the stolen mark on your gear. I never would of thought of that.

Just be aware this just gets rid of the bounty on you. The items are still marked as stolen but you wont get abused on way to the Fence (as long as bounty is gone). Note if do anything to call their attention you will lose those items so suggest clean you inventory before heading out for some more "shopping"
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you are just starting out, I suggest finding some beginner guides online for eso. There is so much to learn about this game, and some of the guides are very useful.

But to answer your question, I wouldn't worry about armor at such low level. Just wear what you find, and maybe mix it up, light, med, and heavy. As far as weapons go, I would go to the fighters guild and buy some weapons that have the training trait, to help level your weapons a little faster.

Edited by vamp_emily on August 19, 2015 4:08PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)