Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

A question about horses - PS4

Cr4p0w3
Cr4p0w3
✭✭
I'm new to the game and I wonder how much can you train your horse. Is it possible to max out 60 points in each stats?
Is there a horse that is better then the other in any aspec? I mean one is faster or can carry more stuff.

Thanks for the help!

Best Answers

• Ja50nX
    Ja50nX
    ✭✭✭
    All mount stats are the same & yes, you can put 60 points into each skill per character. (180 real days worth of lessons)

The riding lessons you do on one character count for all mounts on that character. So if you have 3 different mounts & you have done 30 lessons/points in stamina, all mounts on that character will have 30 in stamina.

If you have other characters, you will need to give them lessons as well.

I log into my alts each day & do a training lesson on them before I switch to my main. It is time consuming but when I decide to level those characters up they wont have slow crappy mounts.
    PS4 EU
    Ebonheart Pact

Answer ✓
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Essentially, mounts are horse costumes. All training is done by each character, via a stablemaster. I think I saw in patch notes that horse stats will increase with the upcoming update.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
    Answer ✓
  • mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Cr4p0w3 wrote: »
    So why there's horses that cost 10k and other that cost more than 40k in the stables?

Originally on PC you didn't train your horse riding skill, you instead fed individual horses and you couldn't max out all attributes. So you would have one horse you fed all apples (speed) for Cyrodiil or harvesting. One horse you fed all oats(I think) for carrying capacity.

The 10k horse started with all attributes at 0. The 42k horses started with attributes for their relative skill (light horse was +speed) and if you maxed out a 10k horse on speed and a light horse on speed, the light horse would always have +10 more speed than any other horse could achieve.

When they changed the way horse feeding worked, they never adjusted the prices, so now it's merely cosmetic.
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar
    Answer ✓
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Cr4p0w3 wrote: »
    So why there's horses that cost 10k and other that cost more than 40k in the stables?

It's left over from when the 42K horses did have better stats than the 10K horse. As said above the different horse skins are merely cosmetic now.

I personally believe ZOS chose not to adjust the prices when the re-did how horse training worked because they didn't want all of us long time PC players crying about how we bought 3 horse for 42K and now players were getting those same horses for a fourth of the price. Other people believe it was just an oversight or laziness on ZOS's part. I don't buy that because they actually did bother to change the price of the 10K horse (it use to be 17K) at the time of the training change.
    Answer ✓
  • Cr4p0w3
    Cr4p0w3
    ✭✭