Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Dungeons

Nyro87
Nyro87
How much does your build matter in ESO Dungeons? I am new and have thought up a build I would like to play around with for fun but I was wondering if ESO kind of forces people into cookie cutter builds for end game stuff.
  • Sandshark95
    Sandshark95
    ✭✭✭
    Your specific "build" doesn't matter as much as your role, IMO. So long as your build positively contributes to your effectiveness as your chosen role, the specifics aren't all that significant.

For example, if you choose Healer as your role, you would be expected to have a decent-sized pool of magicka and have a variety of healing and team support abilities slotted on your bar. A Healer would not be expected to run around aggroing mobs with a 2Hander whilst carelessly spamming Wrecking Blow and using a host of damage-dealing abilities. Your build should always complement your role, especially in dungeons where defined roles are critical.

That said, you don't have to commit to any one build early on in the game; experimentation is highly encouraged. At any time if you decide that you don't like the direction you're going, you can always respec your skills and attributes. The decisions you make build-wise are reversible; nothing has to be final. Almost any build can be made to work with enough effort.

If you have a build in mind that you'd like to try, I say go for it. You can always tweak it, or even scrap it completely if necessary. Play how you want to play; be open to advice from others, but remember that everything is a suggestion or an opinion and not an absolute requirement.
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1-49 it doesnt matter so much as long as you know what you are doing, in veteran ranks you should have specified role choosen and proper build and gear for it.