Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

I bought some motifs. How do I use them?

Rais3dByWolv3s
Hiya. I bought a few crafting motifs from other players through a guild trader in Auridon. The gold left my char's account, so I know the purchase occurred. But nothing showed up in my inventory.

Is there another step I have to do?

I expected it to be a thing you "use" like a cooking recipe. Maybe it's different? Do I just know those styles now as soon as I bought the motifs?

guild-trader-00.png
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The motifs are posted to your mail.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Press the
    #

key to access your inbox. Hopefully it should be there. Sometimes it can take a while for the mail to come through for some reason, so sit tight. Once you collect them, to "use" the motif just read it. Make sure you read it on the character you want to craft with, because once you use it, it's gone
  • redcloud1187_ESO
    If u are on ps4 I press options on the controller not sure what it is for Xbox

Go to social then mail if it's not there then relog then it should be there
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Once you pull it out of your mail as described above it will show up in the consumables tab in your inventory. You can then use it from there. A message will pop up that you have learned how to craft [x] armor and the item will be destroyed. As @CheeseDivinity wisely pointed out though make absolutely sure you read it on the character you want to craft with. Motiffs don't carry over to your other characters like mounts and pets do. If you have 3 characters and say you want them all to learn Nord crafting style you will need three Nord racial motiffs, one for each character.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • Rais3dByWolv3s
    Alright, thanks for the help everyone. Yeah they were in the mail, after a while.