Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Questions about crafted sets

Willy8257
Willy8257
1) are crafted armor set pieces restricted to a certain type (light/medium/heavy)? For instance are certain sets only available in light armor or can they be created in all three types

2) same question but in regards to style. Do you need to know a specific style or can they be made in any style?
  • Akavir_Sentinel
    Akavir_Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 - All player crafted sets can be crafted in all types and styles

2 - You automatically know your own racial crafting style, but you will have to collect and learn style motif books from other races to learn the others
    Can't find the items you are looking for? Need a place to trade? We welcome ESO players of all platforms at ESO Trade, the home for trading of goods and services in the lands of Tamriel.
  • Willy8257
    Willy8257
    Ok thanks!
  • likelolwhat
    likelolwhat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crafted sets can be in any style, any armor type as long as you know enough researched traits for that item to craft it in that set.
    Forever looking for that one avatar that no one else has...

The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - the definitive source for Elder Scrolls info. Proud founding member of the official PC UESP guild, NA server.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just started learning to craft my first set (Seducer), and it has been a really rewarding experience. Although the research takes A LONG time it's worth it. I'm able to craft gear for any level - you just mess around with the material type and how many you use to determine what level it will be like normal gear. As long as you have the motifs and appropriate stones for the style, you can craft it in any. Basically crafting a set is just like crafting any normal gear from a clothing/blacksmithing/woodworking station. The only 2 differences are:

1. You must locate and use the appropriate station (you'll find the locations on google for the set you want)
    2. You must have researched the correct number of traits for each piece you want

As an example, the Seducer set requires 3 traits on the hat. They can be any traits - it does not matter. If you untick "Have knowledge" in the crafting window it will tell you how many traits you have left before it's available. Once you have the right number of traits for that piece and the right number of materials, you're good to go!

The research times will seem daunting at first, but it's well worth it in the end. I'd recommend improving your sets so you don't have to worry about crafting them so often. While it's not hard to craft, it just saves you a bit of time and resources not doing it so often.

Good luck, and enjoy!
    Edited by Alucardo on August 12, 2015 4:29AM
  • Willy8257
    Willy8257
    Thanks guys for all the help! I've got another question now, is there a market for crafted set pieces? I've got a few light armor pieces that have 4 traits researched, so can I go ahead and craft set pieces and sell them in a guild store? Will they sell quickly and what price range should I ask?