Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Vet 14 magicka NB

bigpoppajerbear
bigpoppajerbear
Soul Shriven
I just hit vet 14 and I'm in PVP fighting other vet 14s and they are stronger then I am... I guess what I am trying to say is is there anybody that has a magicka NB vet 14 with good gear and weapons that has a high spell damage and critical, that can help me by telling me what I should wear? I just want to be strong in PVP lol its so hard
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use google, it's not all about gear, you really should work on your pvp skills. The more you fight + read and watch a few guides for tips the better you'll be.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GOML! "skillz, kid, mad skillz!".... How about LOL on that?

Truth is, I'm sorry but I've yet to see how my magicka NB has any burst potential at all in comparison to my stamina NB. The stamina NB get's his potential burst out of crit, which doesn't synergize with the magicka based skills. Try criting from stealth with Cripple, or Funnel!!!... good luck.

The magicka NB has some utility capability that my stamina NB doesn't but when yer trying to burst thru CP boosted shield stacking V14s, yer not going to make it.

O.k., so there's no doubt some unicorn gear, or some exploit builds that might level the field, but it's like nuclear war.... An endless escalation to get to the max build, by any means possible.

It shouldn't have to be that way, but there's no balance in the Force as is.
    Edited by QuebraRegra on August 11, 2015 9:31PM
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just hit vet 14 and I'm in PVP fighting other vet 14s and they are stronger then I am... I guess what I am trying to say is is there anybody that has a magicka NB vet 14 with good gear and weapons that has a high spell damage and critical, that can help me by telling me what I should wear? I just want to be strong in PVP lol its so hard

gear, skills and even a build are only a part of the equasion. It is easy to get the basics (like said: google). But it is important, specially in PvP, that you understand the build and setup and that you can tweak it. Nobody wants you to invent the wheel, but it is unlikely they will share the deeper secrets. PvP is competitive and so why should they help you??

So the basics are on google. Try not only to copy it, but understand it. Tweak them to your best knowledge and keep doing it. If you loose, always figure out why you lost (the combat overview helps a lot here). keep tweaking your build and after time you will find a setup that fits you like a glove. That personalisation is what matters in PvP!
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    nothing matters ... there will always be someone better

... and in my case, almost everyone

skyrim___vampire_lord_by_teal_erid5qyqcv.jpg
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• The_Boze
    The_Boze
    Below I have put a link to deltia's gaming nightblade builds. They should give you a good base to start. But know that most of his builds are for group play in PvP. Now with imperial city coming out I see Magick NBs as more of an option for PvP, but in my personal opinion I believe Stamina NBs will still be better for solo play as well as burst damage.

http://deltiasgaming.com/category/eso-guides/class-guide/nightblade-class-guide-for-elder-scrolls-online/nightblade-builds/

hope this helps