Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Training PvP Skills outside of cyrodiil

Zynem94
Zynem94
Soul Shriven
Hi there, can you gain experience for an assault line skill for example rapid maneuver, by having it in your skill bar during PvE back in ebonheart for example? Or can it only level up to morph in cyrodiil? Thank you!
Gamertag: Zynem
Strike
EU Ebonheart
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The assault and support skill lines only increase by earning AP. You can level the Alliance War skills outside of Cyrodiil by having them slotted when you earn XP (just like any other skill), but the skill lines themselves require you to advance your war rank to level up.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Zynem94
    Zynem94
    Soul Shriven
    Reverb wrote: »
    The assault and support skill lines only increase by earning AP. You can level the Alliance War skills outside of Cyrodiil by having them slotted when you earn XP (just like any other skill), but the skill lines themselves require you to advance your war rank to level up.

Fantastic, exactly what I was looking for! Thank you!
    Gamertag: Zynem
    Strike
    EU Ebonheart
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. Best of my knowledge says that those skill lines are ONLY progressable via campaign.

Farm the "dailies", defend EVERYTHING.

I can't say I really care for how AP is gained, I'd like to see something more comprehensive. Is there even a breakdown of exactly what earns AP and how much?
  • Akavir_Sentinel
    Akavir_Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zynem94 wrote: »
    Hi there, can you gain experience for an assault line skill for example rapid maneuver, by having it in your skill bar during PvE back in ebonheart for example? Or can it only level up to morph in cyrodiil? Thank you!

Yes, you can level up PvP skills outside of Cyrodiil, such as Rapid Maneuver and Siege Shield, etc.... They earn XP from mob kills just like any other skill on your active bar. You still have to earn AP in Cyrodiil to unlock those skills first.
    Edited by Akavir_Sentinel on August 11, 2015 5:16PM
    Can't find the items you are looking for? Need a place to trade? We welcome ESO players of all platforms at ESO Trade, the home for trading of goods and services in the lands of Tamriel.