Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

WW or Vamp for a Nightblade?

S H A D O W
So i'm currentley a Wood Elf Nightblade (Stamina based) and have a WW bite, however as its an ultimate ability and i mostly play PVP i never use it.
If i was to instead become a Vampire would that be more effective for my class?
Any help is appreciated.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well since Nightblades like to sneak around I think vampire would be best. I think the vampire skill line has passives that increases your sneaking at a reduced cost. ( take a look at the vampire skill line )

I have a vampire nightblade.

Edited by vamp_emily on August 11, 2015 2:59PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• S H A D O W
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Well since Nightblades like to sneak around I think vampire would be best. I think the vampire skill line has passives that increases your sneaking at a reduced cost. ( take a look at the vampire skill line )

I've had a look and it looks like it would fit the Nightblade class well, however the the fact that i will take a lot more fire damage is worrying, especially with Fire Ballista's in PVP but then again, Dark Cloak will cover that.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

um.. don't get hit by a Fire Ballista and you will be ok ( smiles ). I think I see allot of vampires in PVP. Well at least the ones that kill me look like vampires.

I know fire sounds bad, but i use my vampire skills and they save me.

If my health is getting low, I use Drain Essence to get Health and stam back.

And if you see a fire ball coming your way, you can use Mist form to reduce the damage taken by 75%

I played a little bit of PVP with my nb vampire, but I'm a vet now and no longer play pvp with it because I only die at the vet level during pvp.

I now play a ww templer in non vet pvp. So if you see someone with the name "shado fighter" throwing Spear Shards like crazy, and rezing everyone.. that is me.

You can always become a vampire, and if you don't like it you can get cured.

• S H A D O W

um.. don't get hit by a Fire Ballista and you will be ok ( smiles ). I think I see allot of vampires in PVP. Well at least the ones that kill me look like vampires.

I know fire sounds bad, but i use my vampire skills and they save me.

If my health is getting low, I use Drain Essence to get Health and stam back.

And if you see a fire ball coming your way, you can use Mist form to reduce the damage taken by 75%

I played a little bit of PVP with my nb vampire, but I'm a vet now and no longer play pvp with it because I only die at the vet level during pvp.

I now play a ww templer in non vet pvp. So if you see someone with the name "shado fighter" throwing Spear Shards like crazy, and rezing everyone.. that is me.

You can always become a vampire, and if you don't like it you can get cured.

Thanks for the help mate :smile:
    I'm going to try find a person kind enough to bite me now, but first, how do i cure Lycanthropy?
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That is something I never had done, I would never do that to my vamps.

Thinks if you google it, there should be directions on how to get cured.

• SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So i'm currentley a Wood Elf Nightblade (Stamina based) and have a WW bite, however as its an ultimate ability and i mostly play PVP i never use it.
    If i was to instead become a Vampire would that be more effective for my class?
    Any help is appreciated.

No ...

Simple rule if you're not into studying all the stats and building everything to the finite degree is WW stamina Vamo Magicka
  • ollystephens
    Aside from the stamina differences (you still get some Stam regen with Vampire), some of the abilities really make it worthwhile.
    The ultimate has become my go to ultimate, either with the invisibility morph which is good for sneaking to do some crit damage, or the health giving morph which heals you based on the number of mobs the ability hits. This makes it a great AOE weapon and can really get you out of trouble.
    Also it can double as a self heal for NB, considering that at VR4 it hits at about 1xxx (can't remember, 1400 maybe?) health per mob, AOEing a group of 5 can easily net you half of your health returned to you, alongside causing significant damage.

As you can probably tell I'm a Stam NB Vamp and loving it
  • S H A D O W
    Aside from the stamina differences (you still get some Stam regen with Vampire), some of the abilities really make it worthwhile.
    The ultimate has become my go to ultimate, either with the invisibility morph which is good for sneaking to do some crit damage, or the health giving morph which heals you based on the number of mobs the ability hits. This makes it a great AOE weapon and can really get you out of trouble.
    Also it can double as a self heal for NB, considering that at VR4 it hits at about 1xxx (can't remember, 1400 maybe?) health per mob, AOEing a group of 5 can easily net you half of your health returned to you, alongside causing significant damage.

As you can probably tell I'm a Stam NB Vamp and loving it

Wow.
    I honestly cant wait to use it now, but getting the bite is proving to be quite a pain :neutral:
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    sneaky sneaky vampires ...

k6224839.jpg
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vampires and Nightblades were almost perfectly made for each other.

Not just because both NB's and Vamps both rely heavily on the Magicka pool for nigh every ability, but also because their skills/abilities harmonize very well together.

If you're really thinking about having your NB become one or the other, I would strongly suggest that you go with Vampire.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• Baronh2o
    Baronh2o
    ✭✭✭

I've had a look and it looks like it would fit the Nightblade class well, however the the fact that i will take a lot more fire damage is worrying, especially with Fire Ballista's in PVP but then again, Dark Cloak will cover that.

If you're concerned about fire damage, role a dark elf...they get innate fire resistance. Also next content release the vampire increased fire damage taken by 50 percent is being reduced to 25 percent.
    Edited by Baronh2o on August 12, 2015 5:43PM
    "Not all who wander are lost." - Tolkien

• Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vamp is great on a nightblade. Play it right you don't take much damage so the fire isn't a big deal. Wear a fire resist glyph, invest champ points into elemental defender, boost spell resist and its no biggie. Plus fire dmg is being reduced with imp city.
    Edited by Sithisvoid on August 13, 2015 1:21AM