Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

*MAGES GUILD* Need help - daggerfall

Max_Power245
Max_Power245
Soul Shriven
I can't progress in the mages guild in daggerfall, I made a mistake in the first quest at the end where you have to answer the questions correctly to the guy and I answered wrong, now I have no where that's giving me guild quests for the mages guild, can anyone please point me in the right direction of what im doing wrong? Or how to do quests for te mages guild? Thanks
  • srs121
    srs121
    ✭✭
    The Mage guild quests are progressive and as you get high level and farther along you will encounter more of those quests.
    Interested in joining a PvE focused clan? Feel free to contact me.

Alliance : Aldmeri Dominion
    Platform : Playstation 4
    PSN : srs121
    Server : North American
  • Woodfin95
    Woodfin95
    ✭✭
    collect Lorebooks, when you reach the next level you will receive the next quest
    PS4 EU.
    PSN:Woodfin-95
    DC-Hellhounds
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    you can't ever answer questions wrongly in this game. A different answer will most often means nothing at all. If it does mean something than it will be either bout the course of action in the rest of the quest (e.g. there is one where you need to choose to fight a single daedra boss or go around and kill a few nasty mobs) or bout the death of an npc that is no longer needed in the game.

So I'm confident you finished long lost lore. Now you need to level up your mages guild to level 2. You do so by reading lorebooks (glowing blue books littered over the world). Once you reach level 2 and go to a mages guild house (anyone will do) a mage will appear to you and hand out the next quest. This one will in your case be in wayrest (which is a level 20 town). The quest itself is scaled to your level, but the level 20 location is a good indication bout what level you should be getting it.

Once you have done that quest, you'll need mages guild level 5, that quest is given in the same way, but starts in the third map. This continues to mages guild level 5 and the final quest.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The quest you are referring to is the Baelborne Legacy quests wheree the guy appears upstairs in Daggerfall mages guild and asks you questions about the spirit Claudie.

If you get them wrong i believe you get sent into the mines nearby.
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dekkameron wrote: »
    The quest you are referring to is the Baelborne Legacy quests wheree the guy appears upstairs in Daggerfall mages guild and asks you questions about the spirit Claudie.

Yup and its not mages guild quest.
  • Max_Power245
    Max_Power245
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the clarification on that, had no idea what I was doing but I think I'm all good now :) cheers!
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dekkameron wrote: »

Oh, is that what those mines are for? I've always wondered why there were these mines in Daggerfall with enemies in them, but no apparent reason to ever actually go there (aside from looting all of the containers for provisioning ingredients). Hmm, kind of makes me want to have an alt answer wrong to see what happens in the mines...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)