Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Highest Destro Stave?

IOUAT
IOUAT
✭✭✭
anyone know what the highest destro stave is?
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Highest in terms of what?
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

well i guess damage but are there other terms i should be aware of?
  • Oh_Skrivva
    Oh_Skrivva
    ✭✭✭
    Crafted fire staffs are probably your best bet unless you need a staff that is part of a set. Also master fire destro staff are a good choice. But depending on staff changes with IC dlc that might change. Fire destro is taking a nerf and ice and lightning is getting a buff. But I feel that (for pve reasons) since you can't med attack weave abilities with ice or lightnjng that fire would still be best for dps.
    Edited by Oh_Skrivva on August 7, 2015 8:05PM
    Costco member

Message brought to you by Cat Queefs Emporium
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mugetsu wrote: »

Highest level, tier of improvement, drop set destro, enchantment, actual height, there are any number of measures.

In terms of damage output, testing back in 1.3 and 1.4 showed that fire staves had better damage output in heavy attacks and some skills, and lightning staves do more damage in light attacks and impulse. Not sure if that's still true, but I don't know why it wouldn't be.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭

Highest level, tier of improvement, drop set destro, enchantment, actual height, there are any number of measures.

In terms of damage output, testing back in 1.3 and 1.4 showed that fire staves had better damage output in heavy attacks and some skills, and lightning staves do more damage in light attacks and impulse. Not sure if that's still true, but I don't know why it wouldn't be.

Allso lighting is better vs tanks as its a channle
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh_Skrivva wrote: »
    Crafted fire staffs are probably your best bet unless you need a staff that is part of a set. Also master fire destro staff are a good choice. But depending on staff changes with IC dlc that might change. Fire destro is taking a nerf and ice and lightning is getting a buff. But I feel that (for pve reasons) since you can't med attack weave abilities with ice or lightnjng that fire would still be best for dps.

You can medium attack with a Frost staff. I actually prefer the Frost staff to Fire because the cleaner animation makes it easier to see what you are doing.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    Oh_Skrivva wrote: »

when is this buff to ice and lightning coming?
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭

8/31/2015 for PC/Mac
    9/15/2015 for Xbox One
    9/16/2015 for PS4

• IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »

8/31/2015 for PC/Mac
    9/15/2015 for Xbox One
    9/16/2015 for PS4

nuhhhhh. do u have any idea when the decreasd to fire and posion damage to the vampire and werewlf is also coming?
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    nuhhhhh. do u have any idea when the decreasd to fire and posion damage to the vampire and werewlf is also coming?

Same dates...This will all be added in the big patch for Imperial City. I wouldn't expect any balancing changes before that time. Any little patches we get will probably be fixing broken quests or game breaking bugs.