Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Any point to Collectibles?

RyuLevone
RyuLevone
✭✭
So I've had a couple trophies sitting in my inventory for awhile because I wasn't quite sure what to do with them and I can't store them in the bank. I finally looked up what to do with them and the site I found said I had to 'use' them so they can count towards the in game achievements to collect them and then the items disappear once I've used them. So I went to do that, but I didn't have the option to use them, only to destroy. I later was scrolling through my achievements looking at dye requirements and found the achievements the trophies pertain to and saw that they were counted as found. Does this mean I can just get rid of the trophies or is something glitched on my end?

It should also be noted that I'm talking about trophies such as the Smoldering Ember Heart and the Primal Sprouting. I'm not talking about things like the Battered Bear Trap, Nanwen's Sword, Discourse Amaranthine, and those trophies, which you can use as many times as you want.

If it helps, I'm on Xbox.
  • Zuuman
    Zuuman
    ✭✭✭
    They can be used once for achievement but found many times, make sure you have it already then its only good for selling.
  • RyuLevone
    RyuLevone
    ✭✭
    See, that's what I thought, but I have no option to use them and I've never used them before. When I go in and look at their achievements they're checked off as found. I feel like I'd be fine if I just got rid of them, but I don't want to get screwed over if I do sell them and it turns out something changed or whatever.
  • Zuuman
    Zuuman
    ✭✭✭
    Try one you'll see, maybe it's different on console and it just need to be found rather than used like on PC
  • RyuLevone
    RyuLevone
    ✭✭
    That's possible. Suppose I'll give it a try. It's not like I'm out that much if something goes wrong. I can just find them again if need be.

Also, do you know if there's any reason to actually keep the trophies that you can use over and over again? Like, they're cool, but they're taking up space in my bank at this point.
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    On console, the collectibles should be counted toward your achievements as soon as you loot them, just like when you catch rare fish. I've heard that sometimes there is a bug and it doesn't check them off, so I'd always check before selling the collectible, but once it's checked you can definitely go ahead and sell it.

There is no reason to keep the trophies from public dungeons other than just to keep them (maybe one day they will add them to the collections tab)...I know a lot of people have just deleted them. I keep mine, but I keep everything lol
  • RyuLevone
    RyuLevone
    ✭✭
    That makes sense. I guess the site I was looking at wasn't platform specific.

I'd love to keep them if I could. I love collecting things, but space is so limited on ESO that I can't hoard things as much as I'd like. Which sucks for things like trophies and such. I don't know why they're counted as inventory space to begin with.
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    RyuLevone wrote: »

I'd love to keep them if I could. I love collecting things, but space is so limited on ESO that I can't hoard things as much as I'd like. Which sucks for things like trophies and such. I don't know why they're counted as inventory space to begin with.

Yeah, most guides were created during the year where PC/Mac was the only option, so the creators didn't think about specifying that something only applied to PC or was different on console :)

I'm sure you know this already, but just in case: You can get extra inventory space by purchasing bag/bank upgrades (these get expensive fast, but the first few purchases are easily doable). You can also get 60 extra slots by training your carrying capacity riding skill (this can be done once a day at the stables).

Good luck!

• RyuLevone
    RyuLevone
    ✭✭
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »

Yeah, most guides were created during the year where PC/Mac was the only option, so the creators didn't think about specifying that something only applied to PC or was different on console :)

I'm sure you know this already, but just in case: You can get extra inventory space by purchasing bag/bank upgrades (these get expensive fast, but the first few purchases are easily doable). You can also get 60 extra slots by training your carrying capacity riding skill (this can be done once a day at the stables).

Good luck!

Yeah, I've been working my way through pack space, mount space, and bank space. I've just gotten to the point where both bag purchases are at/around 11-12k and I have a horrible habit of spending my money on guild traders. Also, I hate having things in my backpack that don't absolutely need to be there. Thus, I store most things in the bank.
  • Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find the treasure maps to be as unneeded too. You could just google search the spots it you wanted to.

The explorer pack gave me loads of maps and each one used one slot each! Not worth it in my opinion.

I sell what I don't currently use or plan to use in the near future, saves me time and gets me quick cash.
    Edited by Eshelmen on August 8, 2015 12:18AM
    PC and PS4 EP only player
  • RyuLevone
    RyuLevone
    ✭✭
    Don't you need the maps to activate the treasure area?
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't you need the maps to activate the treasure area?

yes, the place to dig cannot be interacted with without the map in your inventory

as soon as you dig the dirt and a chest appears the map vanishes

Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• RyuLevone
    RyuLevone
    ✭✭
    That's what I thought. Unless the other person meant they that they don't even look at them for location, which I don't either. Google is your friends for treasure maps.