Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Nord sorcerer question

Artfuldodger
Artfuldodger
✭✭✭
I am sure there is one on these forums but I can not find it, Sorcerer build. made one as a second character and just not sure about armour or which passives should take preference. Its only level 16 at the moment. Another reason I have asked here is because it is a Nord Sorcerer, and I know most Sorcerer's are high Elf's, would the set up be different in that instance? Apart from vamp skills as I am led to believe that has a better effect on Nord Sorcerer's.That said can any vamps bite me? I am joking, honestly. I know the correct place to post that he he.
As always, thanks for any info given.
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
-Johnny Depp
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vamps are hit or miss as a Sorcerer thing.

As for your Nord and what to do with him. Treat him like any other Sorcerer, put him in 5 Light and 2 Heavy. I recommend Seducer 5 piece with either Torugs Pact or Ashen Grip 3 piece (for spell or weapon damage respectively, both help your spell power). Load up your armor with Magic Glyphs, your Jewelery with Spell Cost Reduction glyphs, get the Warlock Signets and Focus if you can starting at L16 to L23, then Bands of Syrbane at L30 to L35, then Warlock again at VR1, then Syrbane again at VR5. After that, figure it out from what you can find. No matter what jewelery you get, put spell cost reduction glyphs on there. And, since your going to keep them so long, Denta or Rekuta or even Kuta based cost reduction glyphs would not be a waste to use for those.

Altmers have an affinity for Mana Regen and Staffs, Bretons have more magic but this does not mean they are the only race that can play a sorcerer. Also, my DK is a caster, Imperial, and he is in Heavy Armor (Seducer) so you can even be an iconoclast.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Vamps are hit or miss as a Sorcerer thing.

As for your Nord and what to do with him. Treat him like any other Sorcerer, put him in 5 Light and 2 Heavy. I recommend Seducer 5 piece with either Torugs Pact or Ashen Grip 3 piece (for spell or weapon damage respectively, both help your spell power). Load up your armor with Magic Glyphs, your Jewelery with Spell Cost Reduction glyphs, get the Warlock Signets and Focus if you can starting at L16 to L23, then Bands of Syrbane at L30 to L35, then Warlock again at VR1, then Syrbane again at VR5. After that, figure it out from what you can find. No matter what jewelery you get, put spell cost reduction glyphs on there. And, since your going to keep them so long, Denta or Rekuta or even Kuta based cost reduction glyphs would not be a waste to use for those.

Altmers have an affinity for Mana Regen and Staffs, Bretons have more magic but this does not mean they are the only race that can play a sorcerer. Also, my DK is a caster, Imperial, and he is in Heavy Armor (Seducer) so you can even be an iconoclast.

I thought sorcerers ran around in robes until I played as one ha ha. Theres so much to it, where to find that gear lol.

Great info helps a lot thank you very much.
    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought sorcerers ran around in robes until I played as one ha ha. Theres so much to it, where to find that gear lol.

I refused to put a Robe on my Sorcerer, and she was a Female. However soon after release they came out with Shirts as an alternative Chest piece.

The jewelery I mentioned is found as loot drops at the levels I indicated. Warlock can be pricy in the Guild Stores, but Syrbane is cheap, like 200 gold on the PC for a Band. And you only need two of those as opposed to Warlock when you need 3 pieces of Jewlery. Both can be 5 piece sets too, but you don't have to have that much of it.

Seducer is a special Crafted Set that can be made at a certain crafting station once you know 3 traits on the armor or weapons you use.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

I refused to put a Robe on my Sorcerer, and she was a Female. However soon after release they came out with Shirts as an alternative Chest piece.

The jewelery I mentioned is found as loot drops at the levels I indicated. Warlock can be pricy in the Guild Stores, but Syrbane is cheap, like 200 gold on the PC for a Band. And you only need two of those as opposed to Warlock when you need 3 pieces of Jewlery. Both can be 5 piece sets too, but you don't have to have that much of it.

Seducer is a special Crafted Set that can be made at a certain crafting station once you know 3 traits on the armor or weapons you use.

Forgot to reply, thanks a lot for your help.

-Johnny Depp