The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The *REAL* ESO Experience

Saucy_Jack
Saucy_Jack
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So, this is an MMO, and I understand that, but it's ALSO an Elder Scrolls game. And that means something.

So with that said, why not have a PVP campaign where the view field is automatically set and locked at first-person-view? THAT would be fun.
ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    So with that said, why not have a PVP campaign where the view field is automatically set and locked at first-person-view? THAT would be fun.

No, it wouldn't.
  • vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lionxoft wrote: »
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »

No, it wouldn't.

I dunno man, it sounds pretty fun, just root someone and kill them before they can even turn around to see you, sounds great.
    Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

EP | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 50 | Former Emperor of Haderus & Chillrend |
    EP | Phobos | Altmer Nightblade | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Cheezus Sliced | Argonian Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 30 |
    EP | Eterno Tempesta | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 33 |
    DC | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 12 |
    DC | Divine Storm | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 04 |
    EP | Pocket Vortex | Bosmer Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 24 |
    EP | Vortexman | Redguard DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 28 |
    EP | Fungal Growth | Argonian Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Eternal Guardian | Bosmer Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 13 |
    and a few other random toons

Teaching by example > https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5479085#Comment_5479085
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nothxkbye
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would force you to see exactly what your character sees, and nothing more. Definitely would encourage people to play more defensively, and would increase the need for heightened alertness.

As opposed to "ah, my character wouldn't be able to see him, but there's a mob hiding waaaaaay over there behind that wall, which I can inexplicably see because (???)".

Or "I know my character's facing left, but I am acutely aware of the exact spot where arrows and/or spells are being shot at me from the right."
    Edited by Saucy_Jack on August 5, 2015 5:16PM
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The real TES experience involves getting the game and quickly finding a mod that makes 3d person much better than Bethesda has done and never going into FP again.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The PVP secret police are going to come to your house and silence you. Also prepare to be called a lot of names.

I think a campaign with this setting would be fun. There would have to be both so people could change to whatever they like better.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if....tv stone drops were increased?

*Dangles lovely PVP carrot*