The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Dear ZoS

Mawgusta
Mawgusta
✭✭✭
Thank you for your secret build game. Thank you for constantly changing the dynamics so often and so sharp that a player has to go to google search to figure out which 5 abilities should be in each bar with each weapon. Thank you for allowing a select few to figure out exploits or secret bugged abilities that allow them to become GODS among us.

I think that's enough for me. Again. Good luck in your endeavors.
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    your first mistake was relying on others to do 80% of the work for you. If that is fun for you then I suppose to each their own. These players only discover this stuff because they TEST things. Others just rely on the fact that they HOPE the people testing will share all the secrets.......

...Theory crafting is the best part of any mmo..... google just shows you how to derp mode no think..... sadly thats the way the gaming world is going now days.
  • FloppyFrank
    FloppyFrank
    ✭✭✭
    OGLezard wrote: »
    your first mistake was relying on others to do 80% of the work for you. If that is fun for you then I suppose to each their own. These players only discover this stuff because they TEST things. Others just rely on the fact that they HOPE the people testing will share all the secrets.......

...Theory crafting is the best part of any mmo..... google just shows you how to derp mode no think..... sadly thats the way the gaming world is going now days.

What if you're on console? How the hell can you theorycraft when there are no damage, shield, healing, and any numbers or indicators at all?
    Xbone GT: x mech duck x
  • cjthibs
    cjthibs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What if you're on console? How the hell can you theorycraft when there are no damage, shield, healing, and any numbers or indicators at all?

It's not like this wasn't known before console launch...
    If console players don't like it, it's because they didn't do their own due diligence.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Console players shouldn't have to go online to figure out how the game works and what is effective. Realistically that should be possible from within the game. However this game exists in the twilight zone where nothing makes sense or meets expectations. One can only scratch their heads as they continue to develop the game as if there was a native UI with feedback, when in fact we have a native UI with little to no feedback at all.

If you want to go even further down that rabbit hole try imagining their expectations of us finding bugs on their PTS using just the native UI they provide.
    Edited by Armitas on August 5, 2015 3:43PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You do know part of the EXP is to find out the skills for your self right? Like DKs can make wonderful healers thanks to our class shield cause it's morph give major mending increasing any healing done by 30% and give a damage shield to the allies you are healing. I didn't know that till I look and expairamented with my skills. So if you relied that heavy on cookie cutter builds and others to do the work for you then this game clearly isn't for you.
  • Stalwart385
    Stalwart385
    ✭✭✭✭

My opinion, you should be able to make your build based on accurate tooltips. You shouldn't have to test each skill to learn that the tooltip is completely inaccurate or see if it has some bug when used a certain way. You should be able to make your builds based on the information given in game. You can use math and spread sheets to find the optimum build, but not have to add armor pen in weird combinations to learn that it suddenly jumps with ridiculous combinations.

When you can't rely on the tooltips for you builds, and with the high combinations of skills, it is ridiculous to rely on testing on all the combinations. Your best bet is to read forums and hope someone by chance came across a combination that creates silly results. Then you watch while everyone uses it and ZoS never fixes the math that it should have based on the tooltips. It's currently more about the chance of finding some weird errant math than actually using what the tooltip states would be a good combination.
    Edited by Stalwart385 on August 5, 2015 6:28PM