The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.4 is available.

So what's the highest health recovery you can get? (Or other armor build challenges)

HeroOfNone
HeroOfNone
✭✭✭✭✭
Bored and on break at work so....

Given the changes with armor and passives, health recovery seems more horrible than ever. Despite that, how much health recovery do you think you can stack? My current combo max

Khajiit racial passive
Heavy armor passive
5 x Orgnum's Scales heavy armor - helm, chest, belt, sword, shield
5 x willows path heavy armor - boots, legs, gloves, sword, shield
1 x engine guardian heavy shoulders
3 x warlock jewelry (for lack of anything appealing) (use health recovery runes)
100 CP into health recovery.

So, get knocked down to below 50%, boost your recovery, swap to willows path to boost it higher, use a health pot or still get murdered because folks stack up tons of burst attacks.

Need to test it to see the numbers, but anyone held has a better health recovery setup?

Also, what other wierd challenge builds are folks working on?
Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if your going to do this also put 100 pts into,

Quick Recovery under the Warrior - Lord.

This will increase any healing done to yourself at 15.8% @100 CP.

That and the +25% @100 CP from Healthy under the Thief-Lover, like you advised will make you pretty hard to kill.

Kinda like a DK on steroids :wink:
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
    Options
  • alkoriak
    alkoriak
    ✭✭✭
    Since your kitty is also a DK, the more dragon abilities slotted the more health regeneration. Sorcerers have a 20% bonus in daedric line. Of course for max you can try v10 green health recovery drinks :). It's very nice in PVE, almost unkillable by groups of 4 or 5 mobs even doing nothing :).
    Options
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fun times with this last night

Found out that Orgnum's Scales passive only applies when the set is active, it gave no buff or proc when you swapped or when you went above 60%. Such a sad sad set -.-. On the flip side willows path performed quite well when stacked with green food, CP points, heavy armor, and health regen on the jewelry. If I kept my Vampire fed I could achieve around 4900 health regen with potion, not too bad. Sadly the best I could do on PVP was charge around and talons. Large groups also posed an issue, stunning through unstoppable and mist form with just ability spam. Oh, and those folks with 80%+ armor penetration were also an annoyance when they just kept spamming abilities, but hey, nothing new =3

Meanwhile would I recommend this build? Nope! The health regen was ok since healing was nerfed but you hit like a wet noodle with this. Good for building ultimate, you can hit enemies and slowly chop away at them, but your stuck waiting for allies. In addition if your looking to survive, mitigation and shielding is still stronger =3

Also hey @vortexman11 & @rishardnelsonb14_ESO, saw you both out there a few times as I was hopping around =3
    Options
  • vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I managed to get near 5500 health regen in certain builds when I tested it in 1.6 due to my...OP Nord passive, but since The Serpent stone was changed its no longer that easy. I agree though, mitigation and shielding is still much stronger.

I found that I'm generally much tankier when I stack Stamina and Health (both easy since my template is an imperial) paired with really really high Magicka regen. Because the one thing I've always noticed is that a DK with a lot a Magicka is extremely hard to kill, this is mainly because the earthen heart passive that restores stamina upon use of a skill, once you get in the range of 25,000 stamina you start getting around 1250 stam back per cast, basically meaning you can still have 2500 stamina regen while blocking, then once you get near 40,000 health Igneous shield is around a 10,000 damage shield which makes up for DragonBlood being less effective. Still though, this has little to no damage, so I want to see if I can make it a support tank in PvP with the healing morph of stone fist and possibly running guard, and choking talons for the damage debuff
    Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

EP | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 50 | Former Emperor of Haderus & Chillrend |
    EP | Phobos | Altmer Nightblade | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Cheezus Sliced | Argonian Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 30 |
    EP | Eterno Tempesta | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 33 |
    DC | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 12 |
    DC | Divine Storm | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 04 |
    EP | Pocket Vortex | Bosmer Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 24 |
    EP | Vortexman | Redguard DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 28 |
    EP | Fungal Growth | Argonian Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Eternal Guardian | Bosmer Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 13 |
    and a few other random toons

Teaching by example > https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5479085#Comment_5479085
    Options
  • SkylarkAU
    SkylarkAU
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think somewhere between 3.5K - 4K with Orgnum's active.
    Edited by SkylarkAU on August 5, 2015 2:18PM
    Skylärk // v16 Stamina DK (AvA 23)
    Elizabeth Skylark // v16 Magicka Sorc (AvA 29)
    Tauriel Skylark // v16 Stamina NB (AvA 12)
    Alexander Skylark // v2 Magicka Templar
    Terra Australis XI // v2 Magicka DK
    Nocturnal | RÀGE
    << PC/NA/AD >>

Youtube
    Options
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just going with corrosive armor with that or using cheap ultimates like take flight. Dawn breakers, or bat swarm?
    Options
  • vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeroOfNone wrote: »
    Just going with corrosive armor with that or using cheap ultimates like take flight. Dawn breakers, or bat swarm?

That's the main problem I ran into, at first I was using Ferocious leap because it's a bit over a 20k damage shield, but I realised that it was only restoring around 7k stamina because it's such a cheap ultimate ... I was going to test it as a vamp today, using devouring swarm and because undeath starts at 50% health I believe, which would help lessen all the execute damage I take.

I might even end up running barrier if I follow through with this build, or warhorn.
    Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

EP | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 50 | Former Emperor of Haderus & Chillrend |

Teaching by example > https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5479085#Comment_5479085
    Options
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the main problem I ran into, at first I was using Ferocious leap because it's a bit over a 20k damage shield, but I realised that it was only restoring around 7k stamina because it's such a cheap ultimate ... I was going to test it as a vamp today, using devouring swarm and because undeath starts at 50% health I believe, which would help lessen all the execute damage I take.

I might even end up running barrier if I follow through with this build, or warhorn.

If you need to recover from an execute range you might want to go with the invisible morph instead. You are limited to a number of targets (3?) For devouring and you can still have folks spamming executes and radiant from afar. With the invisible morph you can let you regens help, get stuff back, cast on talons and other buffs while they are unaware.

Also shield absorb is a good bet with stamina shield
    Options
  • vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you need to recover from an execute range you might want to go with the invisible morph instead. You are limited to a number of targets (3?) For devouring and you can still have folks spamming executes and radiant from afar. With the invisible morph you can let you regens help, get stuff back, cast on talons and other buffs while they are unaware.

Also shield absorb is a good bet with stamina shield

That's true, I guess with the low spell damage I wouldn't get much healing from devouring swarm either . I actually ended up using coagulating blood as a buff and was using Absorb Magicka as my main heal which worked nicely
    Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

Options
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes absorb magicka, I keep calling it shield absorb cause its on the shield skill line... and it absorbs =P
    Options
  • SkylarkAU
    SkylarkAU
    ✭✭✭✭
    With a slightly different build (no engine guardian & 3 piece footmans jewelry) I managed 5.3k with Orgnum's active, with Vigor running it adds up to something like 7.5k.. Able to solo tank sweepers with ease using the right ability setup :)
    Skylärk // v16 Stamina DK (AvA 23)
    Elizabeth Skylark // v16 Magicka Sorc (AvA 29)
    Tauriel Skylark // v16 Stamina NB (AvA 12)
    Alexander Skylark // v2 Magicka Templar
    Terra Australis XI // v2 Magicka DK
    Nocturnal | RÀGE
    << PC/NA/AD >>

Youtube
    Options