The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Rapid Maneuver Not Working in PvE Areas

ADarklore
ADarklore
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I just left the PTS server and could not get Rapid Maneuver to work anymore while mounted in PvE areas. It works while unmounted, but not mounted- it would 'appear' to work, I'd get the glowing yellow, but my speed would not increase at all.

Also, I did notice that sometimes the yellow would appear, sometimes not, but no matter which, I was still charged for the Stamina usage.
CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just tested it and it worked fine for me. Tried it in stormhaven on PTS. I have a slow horse(template char) so the speed difference with and without retreating maneuver was very noticeable.

On a second thought, i tested retreating maneuver(the morph), not rapid(the base) so maybe its only the latter that is bugged.

[EDIT] respecced morphs and tried the base skill, still worked OK.
    Edited by Sharee on August 4, 2015 12:38PM
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange, because in Aldmeri Dominion areas, I tried several, it would not work while mounted and I have my mount speed almost maxed and as well as Stamina- and I can tell when I kick in RM in on Live because I pretty much FLY. Plus, the 'sometimes yellow glow' and 'sometimes no glow' yet being charged Stamina on PTS tells me that something isn't right.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could be a lag issue with skill not registering, or something more complicated like mount speed not stacking with the skill speed(since you have horse speed maxed but i have it at base).
    Options
  • Kulvar
    Kulvar
    ✭✭✭✭
    You think that horse speed is not stacking anymore but the max value of the two?
    Coward Argonian scholar of the Ebonheart Pact
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kulvar wrote: »
    You think that horse speed is not stacking anymore but the max value of the two?

That was just an idea from the top of my head, and even if so, it is most likely unintended (rapid maneuver actually gives two independent buffs, one buffs walking speed and one buffs riding speed).

No way to test it tho, since i dont have a copied character(with fast horse) on PTS yet.
    Options
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    I just left the PTS server and could not get Rapid Maneuver to work anymore while mounted in PvE areas. It works while unmounted, but not mounted- it would 'appear' to work, I'd get the glowing yellow, but my speed would not increase at all.

Also, I did notice that sometimes the yellow would appear, sometimes not, but no matter which, I was still charged for the Stamina usage.

This also occurs on the live server. It seems it has to be casted 2-6 times to actually get it to work.
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Is this something that can be looked into; how Rapid Maneuver is working with Mounts both with and without upgraded Speeds?

Thanks.
    Options
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Is this something that can be looked into; how Rapid Maneuver is working with Mounts both with and without upgraded Speeds?

Thanks.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, this isn't limited to the PTS either as it's happening on the Live server as well.
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tested Rapid Maneuver (base skill rank I) in PTS Cyrodiil with 45% riding speed and for me it doesn't work at all while mounted. Tried casting Rapid then mounting, tried casting it while mounted, tried casting it 5 times, still the same riding speed.

I, for one, would welcome a sensible cap on riding speed. Just wondering whether this is intended or not ;)
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
    Options
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the same issue that is present on Live with the other morph (Charging Maneuver).. that one almost never works on Live. you cast it, you loose the stamina, but your speed remains exactly the same. Relogging usually works, or sometimes it suddenly works again after some time, but will break just as easily again too.

Options