*SPOILER* In Carzog's Demise, what did you do with the relic?

arena25
arena25
✭✭✭✭✭
I know a couple of you are going to say this belongs in Covenant forums, but first of all, no one reads that forum anymore, and second of all...well, no one reads half the forums on this website.

Anyway, this question relates to the quest in Carzog's Demise, where you decide the fate of a very powerful relic. There were 2 options...you can banish the relic back to the spirit realm, or you can take the relic.

My question is...what did you do with the relic?
Edited by arena25 on August 3, 2015 12:09AM
If you can't handle the heat...stay out of the kitchen!

*SPOILER* In Carzog's Demise, what did you do with the relic? 95 votes

I banished it back to the spirit realm.
72%
augestflex_ESOvailjohn_ESOAcrolasPsychobunniWhiteCoatSyndromeWhatelse73b14_ESOJD2013VegarothSiluenDaraughGregpaige.laneub17_ESOLoralai_907falcasternub18_ESOKorah_Eaglecrytheroyalestpythonnub18_ESONoctzzabuniffpreub18_ESOJa50nXleeux 69 votes
Like the a-hole I am, I kept the relic.
25%
Storm_knight22DobbaDeucebigscoothb14_ESOTeijiRockettaslan06MashilleFluffiestOneLucyferLightbringerThe_4O4TortUred_mAliceBaconSadishistDXCortEXpack_leaderMesozoicTheMrAfricaAdaMmmDenisgsvFolkbandit 24 votes
Don't care/don't know what quest you are talking about...
2%
TalekSarevocc 2 votes
I don't play Covenant
0%
  • arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voting on my own poll...

I banished the relic back to the spirit realm. It's the correct choice.

If you kept the relic, I will never speak to you again.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just started in on the DC Storyline as a EP Player. So my attitude is that Im going to sabotage the DC at every turn I can. And be lenient on any EP forces attacking the DC.

The DC has already done a similar act of raising dead to fight the EP Forces in Stonefalls so I figured Id prevent the DC from getting ahold of the relic and making things worse since my time on Betnikh would be around the same time the DC Forces made landfall in Stonefalls and Bal Foyen. The other reason for banishing the relic was because I could see the thing being used against internal groups in the DC as the Bretons have a history of suppressing the Orcs. Not only that but using the dead in such a manner seems to be a real social no-no amongst Tamriel Citizens everywhere you go.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • TedTheDunmer
    TedTheDunmer
    Soul Shriven
    I just started in on the DC Storyline as a EP Player. So my attitude is that Im going to sabotage the DC at every turn I can. And be lenient on any EP forces attacking the DC.

The DC has already done a similar act of raising dead to fight the EP Forces in Stonefalls so I figured Id prevent the DC from getting ahold of the relic and making things worse since my time on Betnikh would be around the same time the DC Forces made landfall in Stonefalls and Bal Foyen. The other reason for banishing the relic was because I could see the thing being used against internal groups in the DC as the Bretons have a history of suppressing the Orcs. Not only that but using the dead in such a manner seems to be a real social no-no amongst Tamriel Citizens everywhere you go.

I did the same.
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done this quest multiple times and chosen both options (mainly in Cadwells gold as 7/8 chars are AD) but i generally choose to banish it so it can't be used against the glorious Dominion.

:)
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took the advice of my number one man crush Jakarn and banished it.
    I don't care if Nicolene hates me for it. Nicolene is aiight for a Nicolene but she ain't dreamy like Jakarn is.
    signing off
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    I don't care if Nicolene hates me for it. Nicolene is aiight for a Nicolene but she ain't dreamy like Jakarn is.

Nicolene's voice really bugs me too!

"You you you! you there!"
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dekkameron wrote: »

Nicolene's voice really bugs me too!

"You you you! you there!"

Nicolene comes off as one of those Yes Woman types. Anything that Kareen said Nicolene would side with as if she couldnt have an idea of her own.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Bacon
    Bacon
    ✭✭
    We are in the middle of a civil war and DC needs every weapon it can get. This relic will help turn the tide of the war in our favor. War...War never changes
    “I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.” ― Winston S. Churchill
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    These sorts of weapons ALWAYS backfire or otherwise make you regret you used them if you use them. And it was powered by souls, which is never good. So goodbye relic!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No mercy, no salvation to the pig children.

May their ancestors suffer just as how Trinimac suffered in the belly of the benevolent one. If they want to be so enthusiastic over that pig god so much, they should be enthusiastic about suffering as they did.

These are the thoughts and feelings of my character and do not represent those of my own.

I have nothing to say on the matter personally, no comment even.

So yeah... No weapons allowed in Tel Var Stone boxes.
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
  • Thymos
    Thymos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Through various alts, I've done both.
    The Older Gamers Recruitment Thread
    Always accepting new members for NA and EU server. PvP PvE RP all welcome. Must be 25+ yo to join.
    http://www.theoldergamers.com/
  • JMadFour
    JMadFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I considered keeping it.

then I talked to Master Kasan, and he said the only thing worth listening to, out of all the NPCs who were arguing about it.

When I responded that the Relic could be useful in the right hands, he said "There are no "right hands" for something like that".

and I'm like...yup, make sense. /banish.

oh, and Nicolene is a 12 year old with a crush and no real world experience.
  • Bookwyrm
    Bookwyrm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like the alt-aholic completionist I am, I did both.

And honestly, I ended up not feeling so guilty about keeping the relic (nor banishing it, regardless of NPC interactions). As mentioned, we're in the middle of a war. Hard decisions must be made.

Honestly, it really depends on which character I'm playing. Each one will answer a quest decision according to her personality. If she's ultimately a pragmatic realist, she's going to use whatever advantages she can to her advantage. If she's got firm ties to spiritual beliefs, she's going to lean toward decisions that reflect that. *shrug*
    Don't talk to me! I'm a shrub. - Frozen Man
    Bookwyrm - The Thread Killer
  • arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teiji wrote: »
    No mercy, no salvation to the pig children.

May their ancestors suffer just as how Trinimac suffered in the belly of the benevolent one. If they want to be so enthusiastic over that pig god so much, they should be enthusiastic about suffering as they did.

These are the thoughts and feelings of my character and do not represent those of my own.

I have nothing to say on the matter personally, no comment even.

So yeah... No weapons allowed in Tel Var Stone boxes.

You...you monster...I will never speak to you again. To the ignore list you go, @Teiji .
  • arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bacon wrote: »
    We are in the middle of a civil war and DC needs every weapon it can get. This relic will help turn the tide of the war in our favor. War...War never changes

This relic is tied to the Daedra. What are you trying to do, summon more dark anchors, you idiot?

I will never speak to you again, @Bacon .
    Edited by arena25 on August 3, 2015 4:32AM
  • S1ipperyJim
    S1ipperyJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly what I did, sabotage the DC and AD all the way heheheheheheheh >:)
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are all A-holes as your poll states. Every. Single. Faction.

Though tbh, I think AD is the worst with the crap they are pulling in EP, just nasty....both mentally and physically nasty.

But I "try" to make the right choices in general no matter where I am questing at atm.
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All of my characters are Covenant, have done both options depending on what kind of character I am playing.

Since the thread is already tagged for spoilers....

If you keep it, you save Nicolene's brothers and stop the Dominion naval forces, then the relic burns out, never to harm anyone again.
    C8Fjwfu.jpg
    sLamHQ4.jpg
    YOqAY9Z.jpg
    G0Q18cx.jpg

Love how the "uninvolved in the war" Mages Guild are the ones responsible for turning a weapon of mass destruction against the enemy forces.

If you banish it, Nicolene blames you for her brothers death and you lose access to a short a quest later on in Shornhelm.
    Not 100% sure of the implications, but on the characters that chose to banish the relic the Spearhead instead sits in the harbor empty -- think it is supposed to imply that the crew was wiped out.

There are other small quirks that change -- Irien, the High Elf in the red dress that was heartbroken over Jakarn is in simple sailor rags on another ship on the characters I banished the relic on, and she cannot be communicated with.
    On those that I kept the relic, she still wears her red dress and I can ask her about life as a sailor and why she changed to a different ship (fun fact: she only sailed with Kaleen to annoy Jakarn).

So if you kept it, it saves the lives of your friends and comrades, but a few NPCs get upset because it has a bad history.
    If you banished it, some NPCs are pleased with your choice while others appear to be removed from game.

Roughly speaking, if you are a sociopath who is unable to empathize with the emotions of the Orcs who lost their Kin, you save hundreds of lives.
    Seems in line with Elder Scrolls moral choices.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    If you banish it, Nicolene blames you for her brothers death and you lose access to a short a quest later on in Shornhelm.

You can do Children of Yokuda regardless of the Betnikh decision. You just have to find Nicolene in the Dead Wolf Inn.
    signing off
  • Sadishist
    Sadishist
    ✭✭
    I kept the relic to be studied, all in the name of science.
    Xbox One - NA
    Sadishe - VR10 DragonKnight - DC
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You can do Children of Yokuda regardless of the Betnikh decision. You just have to find Nicolene in the Dead Wolf Inn.

This is correct, although it always looks as though you are making a choice with consequences, nothing actually changes except a bit of dialogue.

Children of Yokuda quest is available whatever your decision in Betnikh.

EDIT: Also characters like Irien turn up later in the story (not as part of the story, but in later zones) regardless of which side you take. I have done both sides, and there is disappointingly little difference in long-term outcome between the two, it is a choice that has very little consequence on the game world.
    Edited by Epona222 on August 3, 2015 7:21AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Samadhi

Interesting, I was curious how things would be different if the relic were kept. Elder Scrolls choices never seem to be clean-cut one way or the other, and although this one did at first, it seems the consequences return it to the morally ambiguous status quo.

• Storm_knight22
    Storm_knight22
    ✭✭✭✭
    All of my characters are Covenant, have done both options depending on what kind of character I am playing.

Since the thread is already tagged for spoilers....

If you keep it, you save Nicolene's brothers and stop the Dominion naval forces, then the relic burns out, never to harm anyone again.
    C8Fjwfu.jpg
    sLamHQ4.jpg
    YOqAY9Z.jpg
    G0Q18cx.jpg

Love how the "uninvolved in the war" Mages Guild are the ones responsible for turning a weapon of mass destruction against the enemy forces.

Not 100% sure of the implications, but on the characters that chose to banish the relic the Spearhead instead sits in the harbor empty -- think it is supposed to imply that the crew was wiped out.

There are other small quirks that change -- Irien, the High Elf in the red dress that was heartbroken over Jakarn is in simple sailor rags on another ship on the characters I banished the relic on, and she cannot be communicated with.
    On those that I kept the relic, she still wears her red dress and I can ask her about life as a sailor and why she changed to a different ship (fun fact: she only sailed with Kaleen to annoy Jakarn).

So if you kept it, it saves the lives of your friends and comrades, but a few NPCs get upset because it has a bad history.
    If you banished it, some NPCs are pleased with your choice while others appear to be removed from game.

Roughly speaking, if you are a sociopath who is unable to empathize with the emotions of the Orcs who lost their Kin, you save hundreds of lives.
    Seems in line with Elder Scrolls moral choices.

Sociopaths, we get **** done!

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_Brett on August 3, 2015 7:28AM
    I want spell crafting.
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    Orcs are not the barbarians we were led to believe. They left the Breton graveyard alone as a sign of respect to their enemies. So in the same respect, the relic was banished.

Argonian Painted-By-Elements -Pure Sorceress- Daggerfall Covenant. V1 I hate recipes!
    Altmer Elekwen aka The Pale Lady -Sorceress- Aldmeri Dominion. Vampire Lvl 8
    EU/UK. Xbox One.
    Gtag: Elektra K Otana.

• SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know where the relic is. I had a Khajiit guildie with me. Shortly afterwards Both the Cat and the relic disappeared.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Interesting, this must have been changed at some point. My recollection of the discrepancy was from back at launch.

On my Nightblade, I banished the relic whereas my girlfriend kept the relic on her Templar while we played through together. I had kept the relic during Beta and wanted to see what differences were present in our playthroughs, so I asked her to keep it while I tried the alternate path.

When we got to Rivenspire, she had the quest available and I did not. Remember the discrepancy rather clearly, as my girlfriend was slightly agitated that a portion of the quest sent her into an instanced sewer where I was unable to help her (we showed up simply as party indicators on each other's screens).

However, to this day, my Nightblade has never had Nicolene appear in the Shornhelm Inn, and running to check on my alts shows that only the ones that kept the relic have this quest available (I've skipped it every time after my first alt).
    Perhaps my account is glitched and it only impacts me, which would be strange for entirely other reasons.
    Epona222 wrote: »
    EDIT: Also characters like Irien turn up later in the story (not as part of the story, but in later zones) regardless of which side you take. I have done both sides, and there is disappointingly little difference in long-term outcome between the two, it is a choice that has very little consequence on the game world.

My reference to Irien was with regards to her appearance at the Wayrest ports specifically -- she is present in both instances (unlike Kaleen, Kasan, and the crew below decks with Crafty Lerissa), but on the characters where I banished the relic she is marked "Sailor" and cannot be spoken to, whereas on the characters that kept the relic she is in the exact same location wearing her red dress and has dialogue regarding her life as a sailor and why she is now on Captain Marck's ship rather than Kaleen's.

While marked as "Sailor" she still has her standard hair and facial structure, but wears jewelry, a sailor outfit, and has scars -- pretty sure it is supposed to be just a placeholder in the instance of banishing the relic, but interesting being that they are the same height, design, position, and performing the same emote, but only the one that exists when keeping the relic is marked Irien and can be spoken to.

Can agree there is little overall impact on the world, but found that one worth noting as it was an interesting, though very minor, quirk.
    Similar to how they handle quest NPCs following people, but on a more permanent scale.

Other examples of the small discrepancies is Neramo, who appears at the Sentinel Mages Guild alongside Vimy Lacroix on my characters that kept the relic (along with a Dwarven Centurion version of Clanker) but the trio is completely absent on those that banished it.
    Even on the Sentinel docks, Lambur and Mekag gro-Bug appear only on my characters that kept the relic but are conspicuously absent (only Captain Albert Marck is present) on characters that banished it.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Screenshots of worldspace

Irien/Sailor in Wayrest ports:
    Banished relic:
    RTrdnBz.jpg

Kept relic:
    GJ6cVnh.jpg

Sentinel Docks:
    Banished Relic:
    lBbv3hl.jpg

Kept relic:
    MLF1iDS.jpg

Mages guild in Sentinel:
    Banished relic:
    8F0j299.jpg
    QbIpwhW.jpg

Kept relic:
    F0EsDyM.jpg
    SJSZtTv.jpg

Spearhead in Wayrest Port (this is where Kaleen gives the dialogue regarding the relic):
    Banished relic:
    2D8IqgS.jpg
    HpZsNma.jpg

Kept relic:
    74scZOl.jpg
    I0199fs.jpg

• TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on character...

My nightblade main and my sorceror secondary both kept it. So did my breton bloodsucker alt.
    My orc blacksmithing alt banished it. As did my argonian DK.

The rest of my alts have yet to do the covenant questlines... I expect my altmer healer will banish it, while my bosmer huntress and nord thunder priest may swing either way...

Isn't it fun when you can explore different choices on different characters? ;)
  • Sandshark95
    Sandshark95
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing as I have 2 Covenant alts who completed the quest, I was able to choose both options in the end.

On my Orc Dragonknight, I felt the only moral option was to destroy the relic. That thing was responsible for the deaths of too many of my people, and I couldn't risk it falling into the hands of the enemy and be used to kill any more. Kaleen's wrath saddened me, but I knew I made the right call when I looked into the eyes of my fellow Orsinmer and saw their gratefulness.

On my Breton Sorcerer, I couldn't bear to banish such a potentially powerful weapon for the Covenant. So I kept it. Feeling its power spark under my fingertips filled my magic-loving heart with such fear--and indescribable glee. The Orcs took the island of Betnikh from my Breton people, and I took the Ancient Ayelid relic that caused them so much trouble off their hands. A fair exchange, I felt. I wished no harm to the Orcish people and considered them as equals and allies, but I couldn't say the same of our common enemies. The Covenant needed the relic, and I planned to personally ensure, to the best of my ability, that it be used responsibly.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just a question for anyone who has run multiple characters through AD or EP zones -- do the starter islands there have any choices that have a lasting impact on parts of the worldspace?

I do not remember any choices, for instance, that included deciding whether Raz would remain present; however, I do have vague recollection where a choice includes choosing whether a Student or her Master goes free -- did that quest ever have influence on later zones?

*Edit* -- zzzz nevermind, ZOS already seems to have decided this thread is not worth discussing and has moved it to an unused forum so that it can die.
    Edited by Samadhi on August 3, 2015 5:33PM
This discussion has been closed.