Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

I want to kill Sheogorath

• JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uncle Sheo is displeased.

He will turn you into a big cheese wheel with his wabbajack for such things.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BigBoi314 wrote: »
    I would love just one quest where I could go head to head against him and kill him! The guy is so annoying!

If you do manage to kill him I bet he drops Legendary Cheese!
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is so much wrong here I don't even think my brain can come up with a replie to correct all the wrong.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much this is what would happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayShxYJPLsY
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much this is what would happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayShxYJPLsY

Isn't there unique dialog if you go back and talk to him afterwards... assuming you somehow survive?
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But Uncle Sheo has the butterflies.
  • crashen17b14_ESO
    crashen17b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I too hate Sheogorath. It's like the writers don't understand the difference between insanity and 'lolrandom cheez!". He's like a saturday morning cartoon sidekick (not even villain) comic relief character, in a pantheon of otherwise really interesting and complex god-entities. Molag Bal, Hircine, Namira, Clavicus Vile. All interesting characters who fit their roles as daedric princes, and then you have silly old uncle sheo, the lord of randomness.

It galls me because madness and insanity are truly terrifying concepts, scarier than death and decadence because they are so unpredictable and represent the loss of what makes humans human, and what makes us, us. It's why Alzheimer's is so frightening, even though that isn't a form of insanity. Insanity is the man who kidnaps children and takes them to a cabin in the woods and feeds them pieces of his own tongue. Insanity is what compels an objectively well-situated adult to throw themselves off a building to their death. Insanity causes you to no longer trust your own mind, making you question the very core of your being.

Insanity is not an obnoxious fixation on cheese and non-sequiters. That's just pandering to lowest common denominator humor, somewhere between fart jokes and Gallagher.. Maybe it bothers me so much because I have a very close relationship to mental health issues, but I always see this 'interpretation' of insanity as vaguely insulting and misleading. I am all for comic relief characters, especially if they are well written and fitting, Sanguine in Skyrim was an excellent example of that, doubly so in Oblivion. Sheogorath... is a disappointment and irritant all around.
  • FlounderOG
    FlounderOG
    ✭✭✭
    I too hate Sheogorath. It's like the writers don't understand the difference between insanity and 'lolrandom cheez!". He's like a saturday morning cartoon sidekick (not even villain) comic relief character, in a pantheon of otherwise really interesting and complex god-entities. Molag Bal, Hircine, Namira, Clavicus Vile. All interesting characters who fit their roles as daedric princes, and then you have silly old uncle sheo, the lord of randomness.

It galls me because madness and insanity are truly terrifying concepts, scarier than death and decadence because they are so unpredictable and represent the loss of what makes humans human, and what makes us, us. It's why Alzheimer's is so frightening, even though that isn't a form of insanity. Insanity is the man who kidnaps children and takes them to a cabin in the woods and feeds them pieces of his own tongue. Insanity is what compels an objectively well-situated adult to throw themselves off a building to their death. Insanity causes you to no longer trust your own mind, making you question the very core of your being.

Insanity is not an obnoxious fixation on cheese and non-sequiters. That's just pandering to lowest common denominator humor, somewhere between fart jokes and Gallagher.. Maybe it bothers me so much because I have a very close relationship to mental health issues, but I always see this 'interpretation' of insanity as vaguely insulting and misleading. I am all for comic relief characters, especially if they are well written and fitting, Sanguine in Skyrim was an excellent example of that, doubly so in Oblivion. Sheogorath... is a disappointment and irritant all around.

This.

They should have made him the God of Tricks or something (Forgive me if the lore already has that place taken.)

-Daggerfall Covenant (Xbox NA)-
    Haderus Main
    Tavia Guest
  • Bookwyrm
    Bookwyrm
    ✭✭✭✭

I actually agree with this, although I feel he was better represented in Oblivion when you spent time in his realm. His realm did have some of that terror and, while it may not have been coming directly from Sheogorath himself, you could definitely see it in the realm and its denizens.

Skyrim...eh. Could have been better. Could have been worse.

And in ESO? I've been pretty disappointed with him in ESO. He's so...benign. Honestly, it feels more like he's the in-game representation of a forum troll, not the Daedric Prince of Madness.
    Don't talk to me! I'm a shrub. - Frozen Man
    Bookwyrm - The Thread Killer
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You've missed the point. Sheogorath is the patron of all kinds of madness, and in the quests involving him the forms of madness that he induces in others depend on their own phobias, insecurities, etc. When he plays with a mortal's mind the results depend on what's already there in the mind he's playing around with.

His own form of madness, however, is specifically that he is the antithesis of order. Because he was Jyggalag, the daedric prince of order, when the other daedric princes ganged up on him and cursed him he was specifically cursed to be everything that he hated most: a being ruled by randomness and whimsy. The writers have obviously been very true to that theme. It's interesting that you say madness is terrifying because it "represents the loss of what makes humans human, and what makes us, us" because that's exactly what Sheogorath's madness represents. It represents the complete and utter loss of what made him (as Jyggalag, the Prince of Order) him.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    * sets up a chair and grabs mead and sweetrolls * Don't mind me jsut gonna sit here and wait till Uncle Sheo comes in and turns you all into chickens.... or turns your entrails outside and skips rope with it.
  • Tobius
    Tobius
    ✭✭✭
    I am just the opposite. I love Sheogorath and wish there were more quests with him, maybe even a whole arc like there is for Molag Bal. He cracks me up every time I do one of his quests.
    "Remember: Sometime the Dragon wins."
  • Azurulia
    Azurulia
    ✭✭✭
    BigBoi314 wrote: »
    I would love just one quest where I could go head to head against him and kill him! The guy is so annoying!

He made u mad?

A good character can incite emotions in a player, reader, or viewer. Such as feelings of sadness and relatability, to detestment and annoyance depending on their creators intentions of them.

FF7's special little scene, anyone? Yeah. Kind of like that.
    Edited by Azurulia on August 1, 2015 7:48PM
    Criminal Scum:
    50 Breton Templar Healer: Olivine Azshara | 42 Orc Dragonknight Tank: Olivine Claremont | 50 Kahjiit Safe Cracker: Cracks-The-Safes | 50 Kahjiit Serial Killer: Cereal-The-Killer <Current Bounty: 1,231,318 gold>

"Whoever said crime doesn't pay clearly hasn't met Azu." -@Sloris
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

You've missed the point. Sheogorath is the patron of all kinds of madness, and in the quests involving him the forms of madness that he induces in others depend on their own phobias, insecurities, etc. When he plays with a mortal's mind the results depend on what's already there in the mind he's playing around with.

His own form of madness, however, is specifically that he is the antithesis of order. Because he was Jyggalag, the daedric prince of order, when the other daedric princes ganged up on him and cursed him he was specifically cursed to be everything that he hated most: a being ruled by randomness and whimsy. The writers have obviously been very true to that theme. It's interesting that you say madness is terrifying because it "represents the loss of what makes humans human, and what makes us, us" because that's exactly what Sheogorath's madness represents. It represents the complete and utter loss of what made him (as Jyggalag, the Prince of Order) him.

Although I don't know for sure, I kinda suspect the cheese and skeever gags relate back to something specific with Jygggalag's personal views. Something he loathes and now is compelled to latch onto.
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

Although I don't know for sure, I kinda suspect the cheese and skeever gags relate back to something specific with Jygggalag's personal views. Something he loathes and now is compelled to latch onto.
    I swear I heard something about that....
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I can kill Sheogorath, I will do so in a heartbeat. I'm allergic to dairy products.
    If you can't handle the heat...stay out of the kitchen!
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think some just miss the fact that at some point in all the madness of Uncle Sheo, there is a sudden brilliance and dangerous insight that he gives that is rather scary. It comes unexpected and it is the fear of the unknown which is the most terrifying. If you are skipping the dialog, you will miss it. Madness /insanity comes in many forms and it is not always recognizable. Sheo is a bit over the top, but the moment when he seems to go 'sane' you realize how powerful and terrifying he really is. He is a daedric prince after all. I would hazzard a guess that he is likely one of the most dangerous of all as he is so easy to underestimate.

And whomever said that he should be the prince of trickery, that honor goes to Clavicus Vile.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd like to banish him & take over his realm, giving me access to wabbajack.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • DRINKY
    DRINKY
    To be honest I find him quite comical and wish there was more dealings involving him
    officer in Dark Aura Guild
    PS4 EU server
    We are currently recruiting players from all alliances
    And all levels
    Part of the Dark Aura gaming comunity
    Visit us at www.darkauragaming.net

On a separate note console needs text chat in the game
    This would make grouping and trading a lot easier than it is at this moment in time
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God's don't die or didn't you notice that from the main story with the prince you killed poping right back up to talk with you in the colorless room

Dreadic princes are true god's not like that little wimp from skyrim
    Edited by RedTalon on August 2, 2015 2:26PM
  • CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    I'd like to banish him & take over his realm, giving me access to wabbajack.

So Wabbajack typically gets handed out to mortals periodically anyways. Maybe they can add some time/location contrained daedric artifacts to Cyrodiil.

Rare event at Sheogorath's Shrine in Cyrodiil that gives a player Wabbajack for X amount of time. Same for Vaermina etc. On death they disappear, or can be transferred maintaining time left.

Could require another artifact like Chrysamere like spell reflect to counter Wabbajack and turn the wielder into a pumpkin/chicken/etc.
    Due to a typo in the system, the area was accosted by the Daedric Prince Moar Lag Brawls.