Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

I want to kill Sheogorath

BigBoi314
BigBoi314
✭✭
I would love just one quest where I could go head to head against him and kill him! The guy is so annoying!
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daedric princes do not die.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You obviously never played The Shivering Isles DLC from oblivion. #Bringaparachute.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • BigBoi314
    BigBoi314
    ✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »

I know, but it would satisfying to beat him in a fight.
    nordsavage wrote: »
    You obviously never played The Shivering Isles DLC from oblivion. #Bringaparachute.

Nope, started playing TES from Skyrim and after I beat it twice I decided to try out Oblivion but it couldn't get into it like I could Skyrim.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

God, I loved that so friggin' much.
  • madchuska83
    madchuska83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CHEESE!!!
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigBoi314 wrote: »
    I would love just one quest where I could go head to head against him and kill him! The guy is so annoying!

He made u mad?
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, started playing TES from Skyrim and after I beat it twice I decided to try out Oblivion but it couldn't get into it like I could Skyrim.

Just gonna let you in on something...

There is a thing called the Greymarch. Sheogorath turns into Jygalag (idk if I'm spelling that correctly). What happens is you Kill Jygalag, and become Sheogorath, Jygalag infests into you and makes you the prince of madness. (The Hero of Kvatch, which is who you played as in ES: Oblivion, becomes Sheogorath. In Skyrim the Sheogorath you talk to is The Hero of Kvatch). But the only way to defeat Sheogorath/Jygalag is at the end of an Era (something like Jygalag was cursed to be Sheogorath and at the end of the era he can change back, can't remember much from Oblivion). So if you were to take the opportunity to defeat Jygalag in the Greymarch you will be named, and become Sheogorath, Or as Khajiit call him - Skooma Cat.

So...If you defeated him you'd become him, and if you don't like him I don't think you'd want to be him.
    ~Thallen~
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And he wants to fill your guts with skeevers!

(It's still to be determined if they will be cooked or not.)

Oh, and OP, did you narrow down why you couldn't get into the game? Just wasn't a fit for you?
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He made u mad?

Looks like someone's not getting the Charrus stuffed Skeever surprise!
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There is a thing called the Greymarch. Sheogorath turns into Jygalag (idk if I'm spelling that correctly). What happens is you Kill Jygalag, and become Sheogorath, Jygalag infests into you and makes you the prince of madness. (The Hero of Kvatch, which is who you played as in ES: Oblivion, becomes Sheogorath. In Skyrim the Sheogorath you talk to is The Hero of Kvatch). But the only way to defeat Sheogorath/Jygalag is at the end of an Era (something like Jygalag was cursed to be Sheogorath and at the end of the era he can change back, can't remember much from Oblivion). So if you were to take the opportunity to defeat Jygalag in the Greymarch you will be named, and become Sheogorath, Or as Khajiit call him - Skooma Cat.

So...If you defeated him you'd become him, and if you don't like him I don't think you'd want to be him.

Or DO you?

Dun dun DUUUUUUUNNN!
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • BigBoi314
    BigBoi314
    ✭✭

He made u mad?

Haha, nah I just find him really annoying. He talks way too much. He's the only NPC I skip most of the dialogue to.
    Edited by BigBoi314 on August 1, 2015 7:41AM
  • BigBoi314
    BigBoi314
    ✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »

Oh, and OP, did you narrow down why you couldn't get into the game? Just wasn't a fit for you?

Not sure, I just wasn't feeling it. TESO & Skyrim I fell into immediately but Oblivion I wasn't feeling it. Haven't tried any of the others either.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He made u mad?

Haha, nah I just find him really annoying. He talks way too much. He's the only NPC I skip most of the dialogue to.

I can honestly say, you're missing out. Sheogorath has some fantastic and really subtle dialog ticks, and the voice actor really sells it.
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He made u mad?

I can honestly say, you're missing out. Sheogorath has some fantastic and really subtle dialog ticks, and the voice actor really sells it.

He's probably the most well written character out of all characters in ES games.
    ~Thallen~
  • Wimbuut
    kill him! The guy is so annoying!

We all want to do that....

Wimbuut VR10 - Nord Dragonknight
    Achievement Points: 5805
  • strikeback1247
    strikeback1247
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But uncle Sheo is awesome :D
    P.A.W.S. - Positively Against Wild Sasquatches - NO TO BIGFOOT!
  • Trayzard
    Trayzard
    ✭✭✭

He made u mad?

o.O wow...
    He is one of the best voice acting characters in the game oô maybe even the best. Hm, I guess you have a different kind of humor.

Edited by Trayzard on August 1, 2015 8:25AM
  • XLucifer666
    XLucifer666
    Soul Shriven
    I want to kill zos for not getting the old voice actor back Q_Q
  • Mitchblue
    Mitchblue
    ✭✭✭✭

He made u mad?

Missing out big time..FORKY, lol.
    Anyone else rooting for Molag Bal?
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I read this is Sheogorath's voice :lol:
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • Sadishist
    Sadishist
    ✭✭
    Sheogorath: umadbro?
    Xbox One - NA
    Sadishe - VR10 DragonKnight - DC
  • Stravokov
    Stravokov
    ✭✭✭✭
    the character truly is annoying. i would love if he wasn't in the lore or a killable character as well. some characters just rub you the wrong way.
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's kind of funny how the game pushes you into the role of a dour, humourless puritan in the eyes of Sheogorath. So yes, he's annoying, but you can take some comfort from the fact that you as player are also annoying him.
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • Aeeeek
    Aeeeek
    ✭✭

or CHEESE

• NDwarf
    NDwarf
    ✭✭✭
    What! Uncle Sheo is one of the best, most memorable characters in Elder Scrolls. Also, his voice acting in ESO had me cracking up. It's very Monty Pythonish.
    "When people !@# with you you !@# with them ten times worse. Next thing you know, you're in a motel room with 24 beers and a half bucket of chicken. You see, that's how you get things done." Ricky, Trailer Park Boys.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NDwarf wrote: »
    What! Uncle Sheo is one of the best, most memorable characters in Elder Scrolls. Also, his voice acting in ESO had me cracking up. It's very Monty Pythonish.

No, that was Cadwell.
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Originally, there was no Sheogorath; Jyggalag was a Daedric prince of order who grew too powerful and the other princes cursed him with madness which is how he became Sheogorath. Once every 1000 years Sheogorath would transform back into Jyggalag, destroy his own realm, the Shivering Isles and then transform back into the mad god and rebuild.

In the Shivering Isles DLC, Sheogorath, through a series of quests for artifacts and rituals transfers the mantle of mad god to you, the hero of Kvatch before the Jyggalag transformation takes place - you defeat Jyggalag and both of you retain your positions as Daedric princes. You now the god of madness and Jyggalag back to his former self, set to rebuild his realm and reconsolidate his power. It happened once and only once.
    Edited by eNumbra on August 1, 2015 12:30PM
  • CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Technically, you cut Molag Bal into several pieces in this game at the end of the main quest. Afterwards, he says it is just a flesh wound and continues on.

Additionally, there is kill and defeat. One is repeatable, the other one is a regular occurrence in this game. So don't count out a future quest to make that skeever Swiss cheese.
    Due to a typo in the system, the area was accosted by the Daedric Prince Moar Lag Brawls.
  • NDwarf
    NDwarf
    ✭✭✭
    NDwarf wrote: »

No, that was Cadwell.

True, Cadwell was out and out Monty Python but I can see the influence on Sheo' lines. Whoever wrote that stuff must of been a fan.
    "When people !@# with you you !@# with them ten times worse. Next thing you know, you're in a motel room with 24 beers and a half bucket of chicken. You see, that's how you get things done." Ricky, Trailer Park Boys.
  • mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭

Why? He's awesome.