The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Having a second account is OK, yes?

Epona222
Epona222
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I just like testing out character builds and keeping the ones I like, want to get a 2nd account for 8 juicy new character slots.

I'm assuming that is OK as long as I'm not doing anything that could be constituted as cheating (like macro-ing)? I'll be using the accounts on 1 PC and playing the new one completely separately to my old one.

Also is there any problem with sending money and items between the 2 accounts by in-game mail? I would like to send the new account some gold to buy a basic horse for my new characters and upgrade bank/bag space, is that OK or is it going to get flagged as some sort of dodgy activity?
GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I personally don't see an issue with it. As long as you paid for the account properly. I think it would be a stupid decision to not allow someone to have as many accounts as they want as long as they are not using them for macroing and botting.

What do they do in a household with more than one person who wants to play and has their own account but only has one PC.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Dahkoht
    Dahkoht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with it at all. I know lots who bought it on sale for 12 bucks and use it for additional bank space , mule , etc.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nebthet78 wrote: »
    I personally don't see an issue with it. As long as you paid for the account properly. I think it would be a stupid decision to not allow someone to have as many accounts as they want as long as they are not using them for macroing and botting.

What do they do in a household with more than one person who wants to play and has their own account but only has one PC.

Very good point!

Yeah I mean I will be paying my £50 to buy the game again, so nothing untoward there :)

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dahkoht wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with it at all. I know lots who bought it on sale for 12 bucks and use it for additional bank space , mule , etc.

• abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hi
    That's exactly what I do. I have 2 accounts and use the second one to try new builds, etc.

No problem with mailing between the two. On my second account any thing I find for alchemy, provisioning etc I send it to my crafters on my first account. I send money if needed and my crafters send new armor, enchants, food etc.

So go for it and enjoy.

• Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can have 2 accounts, and because of something I saw here on the forum I sent a ticket and asked the same thing abt gold/item transfers, as the last thing I want is banned for gold selling....and they said that they watch accounts before just banning if they suspect as much.

I also for safety's sake before I sent that ticket made the new acct name just 1 letter off my main acct, so if they look at the to/from on the mail, even the most derpy can figure out its "all" me haha
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with it
    You can send any non-bound items and money back and forth.
    Just be aware that you do need a separate account, separate account name and a separate email address though.
  • thesilverball_ESO
    thesilverball_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Not a problem. Go for it.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure, the official answer is

Yes.

BUT, if you use macros to control either character while using the other,, expect to get banned.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • renton1x1x1
    renton1x1x1
    ✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with it
    You can send any non-bound items and money back and forth.
    Just be aware that you do need a separate account, separate account name and a separate email address though.

I'VE had a 2nd account since February but the above applies. YOU also need a new copy of the game for the separate game code. The game is already installed and downloaded so getting the code gives your new account id.

Any add-ons you have applies to both accounts
    Edited by renton1x1x1 on August 1, 2015 4:33PM
    Renton Sc Breton Sorcerer VR14
    Renton Tp Argonian Templar VR14
    Renton Dk Imperial DragonKnight VR14
    Renton Nb Khajiit Nightblade VR10 Vampire

www.alitheso.com Casual Social EU PvX Guild

Ebonheart Pact EU PVP Decimation Elite Azura's Star
    The Traveling Merchant
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/190077/the-traveling-merchant-eu-craglorn-trading-guild

So let me get this straight: You want to ride on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people and beg with him for your freedom. And you're telling me that you're completely sane? - Rimmer - Red Dwarf V - Quarantine
  • CoyoteNZ
    CoyoteNZ
    ✭✭
    Personally don't think it is ok on Xbox though.

Since on Xbox, if the game is installed on a Xbox which is the home xbox of somebody with a gold account, then anybody (just regular accounts) using that Xbox can play ESO on that Xbox,mother just need to make a (free) ESO account.

This means somebody could go and make ten or more (free) xbox accounts, and then ten or more (free) ESO accounts,many have ten accounts, eighty characters.

Ok if you have to pay for each account, but not the way Xbox works.

Just my 2 cents worth.
  • fallensbane_ESO
    fallensbane_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    CoyoteNZ wrote: »
    Personally don't think it is ok on Xbox though.

Since on Xbox, if the game is installed on a Xbox which is the home xbox of somebody with a gold account, then anybody (just regular accounts) using that Xbox can play ESO on that Xbox,mother just need to make a (free) ESO account.

This means somebody could go and make ten or more (free) xbox accounts, and then ten or more (free) ESO accounts,many have ten accounts, eighty characters.

Ok if you have to pay for each account, but not the way Xbox works.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Yeah... actually it is ok 'the way xbox works'. They release a game on a console, they follow the guidelines of what is set forth for that console. If you have five xbox live accounts on your home xbox, they all get to play the game. You want to roll an extra nine xbox live accounts for a personal guild bank? Again, within the rules because that is how the system works.
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Look at it this way. You just paid $60 for 8 more character slots with the lack of account bound features from your first 8.
    You essentially paid $7.50 per character slot.
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know you can have both NA and EU toons on the same account, for a total of 16 toons. They won't be able to group up or trade gear, but you will have 16 toons for the price of 8.
  • gilbegger
    gilbegger
    ✭✭✭
    Its not good for your social life..
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm too much of an RPer; I actually play all 16 characters. Plus a couple more characters on EU just because
    Edited by newtinmpls on August 5, 2015 4:20AM
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope so, or I'm 10x over my limit.
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • Ace_of_Destiny
    Ace_of_Destiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have nine accounts...so far.
    And, my wife has one.
    All on my one little PS4.

So...I certainly hope it is okay.
    After all ZOS makes money everytime I pay crowns to upgrade my horse on each account.
    I think they know which side of their bread is buttered. ;)
    EQUALIZE ALL PLATFORMS!
    IF ONE HAS IT...ALL SHOULD HAVE IT!
    !

)==================================================(
    ~MegaServer~>PS4 (NA) ~PSN~>Ace-of-Destiny
    )===================================================(
    I don't care what platform it is on...an MMORPG without Text Chat is NOT an MMORPG!
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    I just like testing out character builds and keeping the ones I like, want to get a 2nd account for 8 juicy new character slots.

I'm assuming that is OK as long as I'm not doing anything that could be constituted as cheating (like macro-ing)? I'll be using the accounts on 1 PC and playing the new one completely separately to my old one.

Also is there any problem with sending money and items between the 2 accounts by in-game mail? I would like to send the new account some gold to buy a basic horse for my new characters and upgrade bank/bag space, is that OK or is it going to get flagged as some sort of dodgy activity?

You can have multiple accounts but you cannot share, transfer or lease them to another person. You have no issues. They don't even ban people for selling, transferring, sharing or leasing accounts anyways. If it's not a forums violation then they let it slide because they need your money.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And, my wife has one.

After all ZOS makes money everytime I pay crowns to upgrade my horse on each account.

9 accounts seems excessive. You might have a problem. Shall I check you in? The Dr. is waiting.

lGUrjn4.jpg
  • Ace_of_Destiny
    Ace_of_Destiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lionxoft wrote: »
    And, my wife has one.

9 accounts seems excessive. You might have a problem. Shall I check you in? The Dr. is waiting.

lGUrjn4.jpg

My wife agrees with you.
    EQUALIZE ALL PLATFORMS!
    IF ONE HAS IT...ALL SHOULD HAVE IT!
    !

)==================================================(
    ~MegaServer~>PS4 (NA) ~PSN~>Ace-of-Destiny
    )===================================================(
    I don't care what platform it is on...an MMORPG without Text Chat is NOT an MMORPG!
  • CoyoteNZ
    CoyoteNZ
    ✭✭
    RazzPitazz wrote: »
    Look at it this way. You just paid $60 for 8 more character slots with the lack of account bound features from your first 8.

Actually you didn't pay anything extra. You don't need a live Xbox paid account to play as long as the owner of the Xbox has one. You don't need an extra paid ESO account either, just a free one. So each extra account after the first is free for you on the Xbox, but costs an extra purchase on the PC. But as somebody said, that's just the way consols are set up/licensed.
  • Sengra
    Sengra
    ✭✭✭
    CoyoteNZ wrote: »

Actually you didn't pay anything extra. You don't need a live Xbox paid account to play as long as the owner of the Xbox has one. You don't need an extra paid ESO account either, just a free one. So each extra account after the first is free for you on the Xbox, but costs an extra purchase on the PC. But as somebody said, that's just the way consols are set up/licensed.

Wait a minute. You mean they get as many character slots as they want on console, while roleplayers on the PC have to buy multiple accounts?
    This one is not amused. :/

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have thought's of the same thing, I was tempted to buy an additional account on Steam but was left wondering if I would need to download the whole game again via Steam and effectively have two copies on my computer.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    RazzPitazz wrote: »

So what? A lot of people spend loads on their hobbies. A lot of people spend way more than that on video games. People spend way more than I spend on my video game hobbies. If I want to spend my money on that, it's my call.

@Ackwalan - yeah I know, I had 8 characters on EU server too for testing purposes, just I run a trading guild on NA and co-run another, I can't really go play on another server as I have a lot of guild duties on NA and need to keep an eye on things.

• Mighty_oakk
    Mighty_oakk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time I see this thread I read the title in my head with an Asian accent
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every time I see this thread I read the title in my head with an Asian accent

Which part of Asia? [/facetious] :p

• Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can make as many as I like on ps4. Only using one but i've used multiple accounts before with no issues
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sithisvoid wrote: »
    I can make as many as I like on ps4. Only using one but i've used multiple accounts before with no issues

So... hold on, let me get this right. People on console can have multiple accounts just like that. People on PC need to pay £50 and buy another copy of the game to get another account, there is no other way to do it. I will bear that in mind next time I hear any whining that console doesn't have x, y, or z feature.

• thunderwell
    thunderwell
    ✭✭✭
    I hope ZOS looks into selling more character slots.
    I would rather all my characters on one account.

It sounds like keeping track of which character is where is confusing.
    NA, PC Megaserver
    Zhaani, Female Khajiit, Nightblade, AD (current main)
    (Unless otherwise put in my sig, all characters are below level 50)