Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP "stuck in combat" bug persists in IC

ThatNeonZebraAgain
ThatNeonZebraAgain
✭✭✭✭✭
Couldn't figure out what skill(s) are responsible for it, but something was keeping me from re-hiding, and therefore becoming easy fodder for enemy players. This has been going on long enough on live, but in the close confines and high stakes loss of TV stones in IC it is even more of an issue.
Edited by ThatNeonZebraAgain on July 31, 2015 2:08PM
Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
Wayra High Elf Sorceress
Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone got any insight into this?
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The most annoying result of this bug is not being able to mount in Cyrodiil, which won't be a factor in IC at least. Sounds like you were just trying to stealth, in which case you probably needed to LOS a mob that was on you.
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yup this needs to be fixed, usually you could kill a wolf or something in Cyrodiil to reset this but, Daedra in IC aren't wolves..
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yup this needs to be fixed, usually you could kill a wolf or something in Cyrodiil to reset this but, Daedra in IC aren't wolves..

And are more likely to kill you with the damage and healing nerf hammer we were hit with!
    NA Server - Kildair
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is getting me killed very frequently in IC areas! Any word on a fix ZOS? @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couldn't figure out what skill(s) are responsible for it, but something was keeping me from re-hiding, and therefore becoming easy fodder for enemy players. This has been going on long enough on live, but in the close confines and high stakes loss of TV stones in IC it is even more of an issue.

Usually dot's are responsable for the "stuck in combat" issue such mutagen, entropy , caltrops (don't know why), and on.

Most of the times i use an invisible potion and it fix the issue.
    Signature

• ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Usually dot's are responsable for the "stuck in combat" issue such mutagen, entropy , caltrops (don't know why), and on.

Most of the times i use an invisible potion and it fix the issue.

I don't use DoTs though, and the bug persists for up to 5 minutes after leaving combat. Sometimes it happens even if I kill my (player) target, but it most often happens when my target doesn't die (eg I Dark Cloak away because I'm about to die, but can't re-hide once I get around a corner). Sometimes killing a mob gets it to reset, but other times not. This is the same bug that's been around as long as I can remember in PvP.
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
  • Truewavesound
    Truewavesound
    ✭✭✭
    So bored of this bug. Not being able to restealth or mount in cyro has been the main thing ruining my pvp experience in ESO.
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry, ZOS already stated they fixed this bug 2-3 times over the last year in various patch notes.

Oh wait...
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even in one of the very recent DEV IC gameplays with Eric Wrobel, Brian Wheeler and other devs, they got bugged with "stuck in combat" and dev group couldnt enter one of the doors. They got taste of their own medicine.

Edited by Rinmaethodain on August 15, 2015 7:03AM
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At this point, I think it's a running joke by ZoS...
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even in one of the very recent DEV IC gameplays with Eric Wrobel, Brian Wheeler and other devs, they got bugged with "stuck in combat" and dev group couldnt enter one of the doors. They got taste of their own medicine.

Yea that stream made my day :D
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »
    The most annoying result of this bug is not being able to mount in Cyrodiil, which won't be a factor in IC at least. Sounds like you were just trying to stealth, in which case you probably needed to LOS a mob that was on you.
    To be dead-honest, if they knew how to fix it, they would do it, since the bug lasts for more than a year now and is commonly known.
  • domlynchb16_ESO
    it persists if you attack someone and they don't die.

easiest way to get rid of it is to kill someone else.
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah I hate that so much especially when I haven't been attacked for over 2 minutes and it says I'm still in combat. I also hate the fact that when I'm in stealth mode sometimes I will randomly be detected then return to stealth mode when I am by myself and no one is around.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly caused by HoTs.. using Rally is like a death sentence sometimes, you can remain in combat for minutes on end if you keep on refreshing it.

Most annoying bug of all time.. well that one and the Templar one that locks you into place unable to move.

But.. ZOS has other priorities.. like removing forum posts concerning their refusal to ban cheaters.

• Truewavesound
    Truewavesound
    ✭✭✭
    Merlight wrote: »

Yea that stream made my day :D

What would make my day is if they fixed the bug that has been around since beta. Such disdain towards customers...