Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Agony new fear

Araxleon
Araxleon
✭✭✭✭✭
<3 Instant cast.

Feel free to block them enjoy your 0 stam recovery :3
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is finally instant? Really? :O
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »
    It is finally instant? Really? :O

bruh combo with conceal cloak, magicka melee 4 lyfe

helpful for confusing people
    Edited by Araxleon on July 31, 2015 8:01AM
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Doesn't agony break instantly as soon as you hit him?
    Can't login right now :P

- Meow -
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well sometimes people wont break ( so they dont waste stam) sometimes people will. petrify can combo cuz you can deal a certain amount of damage, but you can fear someone while they have agony, sorta like extending a cc. (fear does no damage)

just thoerycrafting xD
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Araxleon wrote: »

well sometimes people wont break ( so they dont waste stam) sometimes people will. petrify can combo cuz you can deal a certain amount of damage, but you can fear someone while they have agony, sorta like extending a cc. (fear does no damage)

just thoerycrafting xD

But if you use fear too, its a slot wasted? xD
    Edited by Erondil on July 31, 2015 8:25AM
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erondil wrote: »

just thoerycrafting xD

well yeah im testing some stuff out, im thinking it can sorta replace fear if used correctly and if people refuse to break it and you break it atleast you get a dot sooo... yeah

fear and agony combo'd see being good in 1v1, but agony alone is doing pretty damn good.
    Edited by Araxleon on July 31, 2015 8:28AM
  • Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all cast ccs are instant now btw

also defensive rune on sorc...so finally they got their disorient to synergize with cp tree passive
    Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

just thoerycrafting xD

well yeah im testing some stuff out, im thinking it can sorta replace fear if used correctly and if people refuse to break it and you break it atleast you get a dot sooo... yeah

fear and agony combo'd see being good in 1v1, but agony alone is doing pretty damn good.

Does it breaks cloak when you use agony btw?
    Edited by Erondil on July 31, 2015 10:32AM
    ~retired~
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Youtube Channel
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well with a sorcs rune cage also being made instant cast I think they have balanced things in the wrong direction.

I play all classes and think abilities like agony, rune cage and DK's petrify should have all been made a 1 second cast time, only because I'd rather spend the stamina on a roll dodge than a break free (got a full pool of stamina and still can't break free? yeah, me too).
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka NBs just became a whole lot stronger.
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    Magicka NBs just became a whole lot stronger.

Idk quite a lot of buffs but also conceleadweapon dodgeable (is teleport strike still undodgeable? cant go on PTS to test) also magicka light armor nb is most likely the squishiest specc outside of cloak, especially with the nerf of healing ward. They need huge burst (at least the light armor ones) because they cant permite to be out of cloak very long in a 1vX situation, and burst got nerfed hard. I cant test PTS but I'm not very sure its stronger than in 1.6. In 1.6 it was extremly powerful (better than in 1.5 imo) when well played but required to be very reactive and a mistake was the instant death in 1vX. Thats why it wasnt so popular I guess, it required a lot of practice and stamblade was honnestly much easier to handle.
    ~retired~
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Youtube Channel
  • Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lightarmor physical resistance got buffed. Shields got buffed instead of nerfed (also see here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/202383/some-damage-shields-buff-nerf#latest)

So no, magicka nb will be neither squishy nor unpopular.
    Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Overall i think magicka NB got nice buffs, while stamina ones got quite some nerfs.
    The racial staminareg passives are additive to other passives now (FlatReg * Passives * ChampionPassives) while racials for magicka reg are still multiplicative (FlatReg * (ClassPassive + Potinbuff + MinorMajorBuff) * ChampionPassive * (Racials + Vamp).
    Also keep in mind that barely anyone will put the WW Ult on the first bar, so you will lose 15% Stamreg, but even if you´d slot it you still lose some reg thanks to the change of the formula.
    In addition to that you lose 15% Staminareg thanks to the change of our passives, but you gain 15% Magickareg which is good.
    Weapondmg Setbonus got nerfed quite a bit.
    Also Dodge Nerf and overall DMG/Shield/Health nerf, basically everyone is more tanky now.
    Right now if you can´t kill people in a single rotation or in a stun, they will go full defense and recover easily from it, starting from 0.
    It´s not like anyone will out of ressources except perm blocking DKs - well even that i doubt.

Anyway I´d totally go for Agony if it was like Petrify, but sadly it´s not.. Fear is the way to go :D

- Meow -
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yuke wrote: »
    Lightarmor physical resistance got buffed. Shields got buffed instead of nerfed (also see here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/202383/some-damage-shields-buff-nerf#latest)

Didnt know about light armour buffs, the "shield buff" seems to be only for hardened waed.(at least the thread you showed is only about it) and if the battle spirit is applied twice on skills such as blazing shield, funnel health or healing ward (dmg scaling on shield size, heal scaled on dmg, heal scaled on shield size etc) then the heal of healing ward has been nerfed by ~65%. Knowing its the only flash heal available to magicka NB, it seems to be quite a big nerf to me. Also all the heals of NB zxcept sap essence and mark are scaled on damage dealt so nerfed by 65% too... Once again I cant test but since, outside of cloak, magicka nb was already the squishiest specc in 1.6 and his main shield/heal got nerfed a lot, I dont see why it would be different on 1.7.
    Dont get me wrong, I'm sure magicka NB will be in a very good position, easier to handle than in 1.6 and very popular, but I dont think it will be as strong as in 1.6 (rip deto+bats+fear oneshot). Imo it was one of the most OP specc in 1.6 but quite hard to handle because extremly squishy.
    Overall i think magicka NB got nice buffs, while stamina ones got quite some nerfs.
    The racial staminareg passives are additive to other passives now (FlatReg * Passives * ChampionPassives) while racials for magicka reg are still multiplicative (FlatReg * (ClassPassive + Potinbuff + MinorMajorBuff) * ChampionPassive * (Racials + Vamp).
    Also keep in mind that barely anyone will put the WW Ult on the first bar, so you will lose 15% Stamreg, but even if you´d slot it you still lose some reg thanks to the change of the formula.
    In addition to that you lose 15% Staminareg thanks to the change of our passives, but you gain 15% Magickareg which is good.
    Also Dodge Nerf and overall DMG/Shield/Health nerf, basically everyone is more tanky now.
    Right now if you can´t kill people in a single rotation or in a stun, they will go full defense and recover easily from it, starting from 0.
    It´s not like anyone will out of ressources except perm blocking DKs - well even that i doubt.

Anyway I´d totally go for Agony if it was like Petrify, but sadly it´s not.. Fear is the way to go :D

Spell dmg bonus got nerfed too... did they reduce weapon damages bonuses more? Stamina got much more new sets that increase damages than magicka, with quite some medium set increasing flat dmg or weapon damages as 5p bonuses, and a dedicated undaunted boss set (while other undaunted bosses sets are viable for both stam and magicka) so I think stamina will still have more dmg than magicka (there is no new light armor set that increases spell dmg as 5p bonus...). But yeah magicka NB will certainly have a better ressource managment than stam with the passive change and formula changes.
    ~retired~
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Youtube Channel
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yuke wrote: »

Didnt know about light armour buffs, the "shield buff" seems to be only for hardened waed.(at least the thread you showed is only about it) and if the battle spirit is applied twice on skills such as blazing shield, funnel health or healing ward (dmg scaling on shield size, heal scaled on dmg, heal scaled on shield size etc) then the heal of healing ward has been nerfed by ~65%. Knowing its the only flash heal available to magicka NB, it seems to be quite a big nerf to me. Also all the heals of NB zxcept sap essence and mark are scaled on damage dealt so nerfed by 65% too... Once again I cant test but since, outside of cloak, magicka nb was already the squishiest specc in 1.6 and his main shield/heal got nerfed a lot, I dont see why it would be different on 1.7.
    Dont get me wrong, I'm sure magicka NB will be in a very good position, easier to handle than in 1.6 and very popular, but I dont think it will be as strong as in 1.6 (rip deto+bats+fear oneshot). Imo it was one of the most OP specc in 1.6 but quite hard to handle because extremly squishy.

Spell dmg bonus got nerfed too... did they reduce weapon damages bonuses more? Stamina got much more new sets that increase damages than magicka, with quite some medium set increasing flat dmg or weapon damages as 5p bonuses, and a dedicated undaunted boss set (while other undaunted bosses sets are viable for both stam and magicka) so I think stamina will still have more dmg than magicka (there is no new light armor set that increases spell dmg as 5p bonus...). But yeah magicka NB will certainly have a better ressource managment than stam with the passive change and formula changes.

Yeah, both got nerfed in the same way, but I meant that overall magicka get some nice buffs, while Stamina gets a huge nerf.

- Meow -
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instant cast is Awesome! Us stamina Nightblades , and I'm sure magicka as well, need these kind of changes to stay alive in the new world of cyrodill that is Imperial City!
    NA/PC