The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Templars in PTS

bosmern_ESO
bosmern_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
On the coming patch Templars got pretty much nothing good, we got a nerf to RD and they finally fixed a lot of the stuff wrong with Templars. But overall how are they?

I play a magicka templar and my only useful ability is biting jabs, which does barely any damage to what people are doing. I was just fighting a few nightblades, one of them was a stamina build in light armor and yet he was more tanky then me? GG ZoS.

Also I love how ZoS tried to nerf sorcs shield stacking (WHICH THEY STILL ARE DOING EASY) but they destroyed blazing shield, now Templars have one self buff, and thats rune focus. It seems Templars were nerfed in this coming patch.

What's every elses opinion on the coming state of Templars?
~Thallen~
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also forgot to add that now you can take more damage then you can heal (unless you use vigor I guess) Templars only defense (which was healing through the damage) is no longer able to do.
    ~Thallen~
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets not forget about Blazing Shield double nerf...
    Why would anyone pick BS over Radiant Ward? RW now has more damage, costs less and is also a bigger shield.
    Edited by tplink3r1 on July 31, 2015 1:19AM
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • Roselle
    Roselle
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Blazing Shield nerf is still manageable, you just have to really track it now via the explosion sound or visual cue or you could be dead in a second even with high health =p
    This one was rekt by Zenimax
  • Ernest145
    Ernest145
    ✭✭✭
    Zoe clearly does not know what they are doing when it comes to templars. One of our best utility skills (Eclipse) is getting a huge nerf and blazing shield which was a Templars most valuable skill is sometimes not even worth a slot. Zoe just has a hard on for sorcs and nightblades.
    Invictus

Big Ernie - Templar - EP Grand Overlord
  • Sandshark95
    Sandshark95
    ✭✭✭
    It's been dropped.

NerfHammer-480x350.png

The Nerf Hammer. The only truly "OP" weapon. Watch your heads; it's like Whack-a-Mole up in here.

whack_a_mole.jpg

You can't hide from the Nerf Hammer. You can only wait and wonder who's next...
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeuy! I was just starting to recover from the last kick in the balls. I needed a re-up. Ty zos
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    We'll have to start a strike (in under-wear) directly at their office door, as nothing else will help in the current state of Templars...

Funny, how some Templars still believe in Blazing Shield after 1.6... Go, join your groups! Depend on others! Let them groups feed and maintain you, even if that was our job, not long ago! (pre 1.6)

Beside that, we've to work SO hard to maintain "survivability" in PvP. Some templars take 2- or EVEN 3-times more "defensive skills" on their bars THAN other classes, just to survive (la-shield, dodge-buffs, vamp, etc etc).. Such a POOR state.. Other classes can still play (no joke) just with their class absorb shield alone, and have sufficient def for small PvP fights..
    Edited by Francescolg on July 31, 2015 9:52AM
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple solution is have one of each class, the game is constantly evolving (as all mmorpgs do) but each class has its day as the meta, if you have one decent build of each variant you'll be prepared for the next change.

(my current is an orc dk stam build, with the coming orc melee damage buff it should do well) but I'm working on, imperial templar tank with max Def/hp, a khajit nightblade stam build dw and bow, and a high elf sorcerer.

Long as you have the Base character and class you can always respec to new meta's
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Revealed: the next new templar skill (patch 1.8): Blazing Side Step

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmiaydCeHhI

it is an AE CC, and enemies will be stunned for 5 seconds.

No CC-immunity will be granted to them if they break-free while you perform! :smiley:

Edited by Francescolg on July 31, 2015 10:54AM
  • Maphusail
    Maphusail
    ✭✭✭
    Revealed: the next new templar skill (patch 1.8): Blazing Side Step

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmiaydCeHhI

it is an AE CC, and enemies will be stunned for 5 seconds.

No CC-immunity will be granted to them if they break-free while you perform! :smiley:
    It's more like a gap-closer ability :)
  • Suntzu1414
    As a templar lover, but NB at heart.

I cannot figure out, what the hell Zeni is doing with this class..
    its like the ppl in-charge of NB circa update 1.2/1.3...are now heading up Templar

please please...put someone ELSE in-charge.

Give Templars Love, Not Nerf.

Kill Well
    ST
    DC - NB VR15 - Khajit - DW / S+B / Bow
    DC - NB VR 15 - Wood Elf - S+B / Resto
    DC - TP VR 15 - Brenton - Resto / Dual Wield
    DC - SC VR 12 - High Elf - Desto / Dual Wield
    EP - TP VR 5 - Nord - 2hd / 2hd
    EP - DK 20 - Imperial - S+B / Desto / Bow
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zornyan wrote: »
    Simple solution is have one of each class, the game is constantly evolving (as all mmorpgs do) but each class has its day as the meta, if you have one decent build of each variant you'll be prepared for the next change.

(my current is an orc dk stam build, with the coming orc melee damage buff it should do well) but I'm working on, imperial templar tank with max Def/hp, a khajit nightblade stam build dw and bow, and a high elf sorcerer.

Long as you have the Base character and class you can always respec to new meta's
    Having a NB will be enough.
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im in disbelief how nerfs blazing shield has taken, back in the day this skill kept us alive and put out dps. Now it will do neither. ZOS has no idea what to do with templar.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roselle wrote: »
    The Blazing Shield nerf is still manageable, you just have to really track it now via the explosion sound or visual cue or you could be dead in a second even with high health =p

Blazing Shield will be very outclassed by Radiant Ward if the "double nerf" effect to the damage portion remains. Right now with around 30k health(!) I get a 4500 shield, and at 53% the damage part is 2385, but then gets halved again to around 1200.

Radiant does almost the same damage immediately, so you don't have to try to hit people with it after several seconds, and it will give you a bigger shield.

So there will be nothing good about Blazing in PvP. If you only have 20-25k health the shield is hilariously small.

Mind you I'm not sure either are worth using considering a normal Sorcerer is still getting 11-12 k shields in PvP.
  • Vynist
    Vynist
    ✭✭✭
    I play stamplar, and I seriously have never been stronger. I will release a build vid soon.

EDIT (clarification): I play stamplar both in Live and PTS, and in PTS my stamplar is much better.
    Edited by Vynist on July 31, 2015 3:21PM
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    considering a normal Sorcerer is still getting 11-12 k shields in PvP.
    muhaha :'(

See it this way:" THIS GAME IS NOT BALANCED FOR 1on1" B)
    (I read this in another thread, lol..)

or, I like this even more: "YOU, TEMPLARS, HAVE UNIQUE CLASS HEALS TO DEFEND YOURSELF!"

Fearfully, the devolopers see it like this!
    Edited by Francescolg on July 31, 2015 3:25PM
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vynist wrote: »
    I play stamplar, and I seriously have never been stronger. I will release a build vid soon.

EDIT (clarification): I play stamplar both in Live and PTS, and in PTS my stamplar is much better.

Same with my own stamplar, although I still do much better on my stam dk. Anyways, I think the sustained damage stamplar got really shine with damage nerfs since you need to chew more of your targets hp to take him down.

Only minus side of stamplar is that I rather have other def alternatives other than sun shield. Igneous shield lasts longer and buffs yiur healing received from rally or vigor make it overall much better.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar in PTS is frustrating at best. The Blazing Shield double nerf is tough to swallow, especially since the skill is still stupid expensive. Moderate damage to self or group member now takes 4 BoL casts to heal, I'm fact all class and staff healing skills are so ineffective that I keep checking my CP and passives, certain that I missed something when redoing my build.

RO doesn't seem to crit, ever. Spear still crits and does decent damage and is cost effective. It and Repentenance are more in demand than ever due to the stam regen changes. Jabs are still effective,and Nova is still awesome against mobs,

I hope to hear from somebody that has been able to make a magicka Templar really work in 2.1. Otherwise, I may go full stam or scrap him altogether. I've begun joking that the only value I bring to groups is Repentenance and Nova on demand. like Sorcs were pre 1.5 when we just wanted them for negate.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know templar Charge is not fixed, but according to ZOS is working as intended.
    And ofcourse Eclipse nerf
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/201565/revert-eclipse-cap-change/p1
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    You know templar Charge is not fixed, but according to ZOS is working as intended.
    And ofcourse Eclipse nerf
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/201565/revert-eclipse-cap-change/p1

Ah yes, the Eclipse nerf. I forgot to address that in my earlier post. That hurts in both pvp and pve. Nereids are still laughing about it.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe that the Charge is still not fixed.

That's twice ZOS has broken its promise on this.

Also, no one actually has to say that the 'current' state of the Templars is bad. We've been at the bottom of the barrel in PvP since launch. So it's not just the 'current' state-- it is simply the state of Templars as it has always been.

I'll just echo what most people now recognize: ZOS has no idea what to do with this class.
    Edited by david.haypreub18_ESO on July 31, 2015 4:07PM
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    IWe've been at the bottom of the barrel in PvP since launch. So it's not just the 'current' state-- it is simply the state of Templars as it has always been.
    I do not agree. After the introduction of Blazing Shield (July 2014), we had a pretty good time until 1.6, even for 1vsX (not as strong as vamp-sorc or DK) . But.. radiant aura was unique and I loved the 80% stamina regen. Also Blinding Flashes was pretty imba, in the right hands, of course :wink:
    Edited by Francescolg on July 31, 2015 4:26PM
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was the second and the last time templars feel strong during 1.4 and 1.5. It wasn't as OP as magicka DKs but it was okay.
    First one was in beta lol, back before they nerf restoring spirits passive.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    considering a normal Sorcerer is still getting 11-12 k shields in PvP.
    muhaha :'(

See it this way:" THIS GAME IS NOT BALANCED FOR 1on1" B)
    (I read this in another thread, lol..)

or, I like this even more: "YOU, TEMPLARS, HAVE UNIQUE CLASS HEALS TO DEFEND YOURSELF!"

Fearfully, the devolopers see it like this!

And the fun fact is that heal nerfed multiple times since 1.6 directly and indirectly like blazing shield. First it was the mending passive then battle spirit and again battle spirit once more. Still Dragon Blood is much muuuuuch better self heal no matter how big or how small is your magicka pool. And it always heals you rather than some random dude heh.
    Edited by Soris on July 31, 2015 7:08PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IWe've been at the bottom of the barrel in PvP since launch. So it's not just the 'current' state-- it is simply the state of Templars as it has always been.
    I do not agree. After the introduction of Blazing Shield (July 2014), we had a pretty good time until 1.6, even for 1vsX (not as strong as vamp-sorc or DK) . But.. radiant aura was unique and I loved the 80% stamina regen. Also Blinding Flashes was pretty imba, in the right hands, of course :wink:

Oh, granted, there were ups and downs even for the Templar in that time, and some good skills. I'm just saying that it would be a tough argument to make that Templars have ever been better than any of the other classes since launch. Even when NBs were buggy, they were still better in PvP than Templars.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK