Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which quests have a special way of starting? [spoiler]

Sadishist
Sadishist
✭✭
I know of A Lucky Break in DC where you loot an object from an enemy you kill which starts that quest, and another one is Test of Faith which starts in a dungeon in AD the same way by you looting a quest object from the enemy. Are there any others?
Xbox One - NA
Sadishe - VR10 DragonKnight - DC
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah there's a few like that. There's another one in Rivenspire called Last Words, which is again started by looting an enemy's journal. There's one in Deshaan called The Fetish, where you have to buy an item from a hidden merchant out in the wilderness to start the quest.

There's possibly some others too, but I can't remember any more right now.
    Edited by Enodoc on July 30, 2015 9:24AM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Sadishist
    Sadishist
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Yeah there's a few like that. There's another one in Rivenspire called Last Words, which is again started by looting an enemy's journal. There's one in Deshaan called The Fetish, where you have to buy an item from a hidden merchant out in the wilderness to start the quest.

There's possibly some others too, but I can't remember any more right now.

Thanks, I was trying to Google them up but can't come up with the right search words.
    Xbox One - NA
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have remembered another one - A Poisoned Heart in Shadowfen, where you have to get poisoned by a strange cloud of gas.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    two obvious ones, but still a special way of starting them:
    Hircine's Gift and Scion of the Blood Matron

The special part is that you can obtian it in two way and both are special.
    1: get a bite from an npc and be approached by an npc
    2: get a bite from a player and have the quest auto-assigned.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Sadishist
    Sadishist
    ✭✭
    I'll go back to those places and see if I missed them, I probably did since I don't remember it. Anyone know any other quests that are easy to miss?
    Xbox One - NA
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    interesting
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because someone mentioned it somewhere else, I thought I'd bump this with A Lucrative Scheme, which is started from a Bandit Thug's Journal at the Tarlain Bandit Camp in Grahtwood.