The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1vX Less Viable Now - Absolutely A Good Thing

TagaParti
TagaParti
✭✭✭✭
1vX will be less viable in Update 7
Which is absolutely a good thing!
Good job catering to majority of players ZOS.

1vX means
1 kills 3 or more players
1 had fun
3 or more will most likely quit

1vX means
1 vs 5 casual gamers
1 kills 5
1 had fun
5 will most likely quit

1vX means
1 vs 10 new players
1 kills 10
1 had fun
10 will most likely quit

1vX means
Few had fun
Make youtube videos
Majority will most likely quit
Game will die.

Good job not allowing 1vX ZOS
Good job making everyone have fun.
Keep it up!
Sheliza "The Unkillable"

Facebook Page for the Tournaments
Elder Scrolls Online Tournaments
Please search and hit Like to see future post and updates for the events
youtube channel: tagaparti
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do you know how to structure sentences into paragraphs? Or do you write exclusively in poem format?
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Throw 10 guys who are new and they will still be 1vX'd.

Throw 4-8 guys who are underleveled/undergeared/low cp they will still be 1vX'd.

Throw 2-4 guys who are properly geared and leveled but have no master of the game mechanics and they will still be 1vX'd.

It might be harder, and it will weed out less experiences players, but that won't stop anything.
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's just a casual way of saying, oh damn I can't rmb anymore, wut am I gonna do?
    Rip Sheliza
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• TagaParti
    TagaParti
    ✭✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »
    It's just a casual way of saying, oh damn I can't rmb anymore, wut am I gonna do?
    Rip Sheliza

Cool thing is, I got a vr14 Sorc now, no need to RMB. :p
    And working on my level 47 NB.
    Sheliza "The Unkillable"

• Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TagaParti wrote: »
    Etaniel wrote: »
    Rip Sheliza

Cool thing is, I got a vr14 Sorc now, no need to RMB. :p
    And working on my level 47 NB.

Another traitor to the DK cause :'(
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talking about DK traitors:

Stealthed projectiles still penetrate DK wings on PTS. RIP my DK.
    Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna call my zerg buddies then! Will be fun lagging out IC :tongue:
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sypher wrote: »

Throw 4-8 guys who are underleveled/undergeared/low cp they will still be 1vX'd.

Throw 2-4 guys who are properly geared and leveled but have no master of the game mechanics and they will still be 1vX'd.

It might be harder, and it will weed out less experiences players, but that won't stop anything.

Yeah but problem is, if TTK is really so high in 1.7 : you will 1v10 those new players, after 10 mins of fight still 8 left. Then the zerg comes and it turns to be a 20v1.
    Thats what fears me the most with a higher TTK, the game will be more zergy, 1vX harder to find and when you find one, expect to get zerged down by reinforcements after few minutes.
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DKs are beast in 1.7
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • ewhite106b16_ESO
    ewhite106b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    1vX is only a bad thing when caused by badly designed mechanics rather then player skill. Winning against multple players via skill is a good thing and pretty much the essence of PVP - competition. Fun is improving your own skill to the point where you can stand a chance against well known players, not in devs nerfing the player skill in pvp to make newbies feel better.

I think all experienced pvpers at some point went against a really skilled player with several friends and died due to being outplayed. But they didnt quit, they learned and got better. Dying a ton due to exploits, bugs and the like is what is far more likely to make players quit.
    Edited by ewhite106b16_ESO on July 30, 2015 2:44PM
  • TagaParti
    TagaParti
    ✭✭✭✭
    1vX is only a bad thing when caused by badly designed mechanics rather then player skill. Winning against multple players via skill is a good thing and pretty much the essence of PVP - competition. Fun is improving your own skill to the point where you can stand a chance against well known players, not in devs nerfing the player skill in pvp to make newbies feel better

it's no fun when newbies quit.
    more players means more money, which means game will continue to grow.
    so much for all your 1vX nonsense.
    any good player cant handle 2 good players, so stop abusing new players.
    your only advantage is not skill, it being able to know how to take advantage
    of certain broken combat mechanics.

there's no such thing as 1vX where X stands for good players.
    Your X are tge newbies, you call that fun?
    Simple logic why all these changes are not good for 1vX,
    coz it is not good for the majority of players, specially new players.
    Sheliza "The Unkillable"

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sypher wrote: »

Yup, the same guys who don't know how to dodge roll, block or heal themselves are still going to die, it will just take slightly longer.

Conversely those lucky instagibs from stealth that often ended our fun will now be more difficult to achieve so I don't think too much will change other than you're not going to kill 6 people with a single dawnbreaker any more :P
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    other than you're not going to kill 6 people with a single dawnbreaker any more :P

Somewhere, hundreds of recent sorcs are learning their class.

{★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1vX is only a bad thing when caused by badly designed mechanics rather then player skill. Winning against multple players via skill is a good thing and pretty much the essence of PVP - competition. Fun is improving your own skill to the point where you can stand a chance against well known players, not in devs nerfing the player skill in pvp to make newbies feel better

There are far higher levels of skill than simply "Good".

Yes 1 player should never kill two other players of equal skill but there is nothing wrong with an amazing player beating 2 or even 3 good players. Those players make mistakes at times and against an amazing player that will often lead to their death.

Additionally there is always the RNG factor, a triple crit streak etc, or bugged combat/unbreakable fear etc that can decide the outcome of a 1 v X.

Fighting players who just stand there and die isn't very fun. I killed 6 V14 players of low rank on my NB last night who obviously had no real understanding of game mechanics. If I had to guess I'd say they came out of an AA run into cyrodiil or something. I had a few hairy moments but overall it wasn't very challenging or enjoyable for me because they were doing things like hard casting fragments and heavy attacking me over and over and such and never bothered healing each other. I enjoyed fighting 3 magicka nightblades trying to gank me outside of cracked wood cave much more. They weren't very good either but they had enough understanding of game mechanics to make the fight pretty challenging.

It reminds me however of my first days in Cyrodiil. There was a DK Vet 10 by the name of May Queen who used to wreck me over and over. Day by day of throwing myself at her (and levelling up) I was able to learn about how to fight DKs and learn what to do and not to do by dying to her. Eventually I was able to kill her and I realized that as a player she was not even very good. If any of these players are like we all were when we started, getting slaughtered by good players will help them as well as be a painful reminder on how much they have to learn and they will strive to do so.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

1v1 a noob is not fun . It lasts 5 seconds. So to make it more fun, and to give the noobs more chance, you add more noobs to the equation ! Thus the X. They have more chance, it's more challenging for you, it makes for cool videos, and they are extra happy when they manage to beat you.
    If a noob can kill everyone easily when he starts the game, he has no motivation to get better and to keep playing, as he feels he's already beaten the game, so it's not good for the health of the game either !

See i can make a bunch of dumb arguments too
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Quantine
    Quantine
    ✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

There are far higher levels of skill than simply "Good".

Yes 1 player should never kill two other players of equal skill but there is nothing wrong with an amazing player beating 2 or even 3 good players. Those players make mistakes at times and against an amazing player that will often lead to their death.

Additionally there is always the RNG factor, a triple crit streak etc, or bugged combat/unbreakable fear etc that can decide the outcome of a 1 v X.

Fighting players who just stand there and die isn't very fun. I killed 6 V14 players of low rank on my NB last night who obviously had no real understanding of game mechanics. If I had to guess I'd say they came out of an AA run into cyrodiil or something. I had a few hairy moments but overall it wasn't very challenging or enjoyable for me because they were doing things like hard casting fragments and heavy attacking me over and over and such and never bothered healing each other. I enjoyed fighting 3 magicka nightblades trying to gank me outside of cracked wood cave much more. They weren't very good either but they had enough understanding of game mechanics to make the fight pretty challenging.

It reminds me however of my first days in Cyrodiil. There was a DK Vet 10 by the name of May Queen who used to wreck me over and over. Day by day of throwing myself at her (and levelling up) I was able to learn about how to fight DKs and learn what to do and not to do by dying to her. Eventually I was able to kill her and I realized that as a player she was not even very good. If any of these players are like we all were when we started, getting slaughtered by good players will help them as well as be a painful reminder on how much they have to learn and they will strive to do so.

I wish more ESO players would think like that when starting out instead of joining the zergfest :neutral:
    EU | AD | Banana Squad Inc | Arena | The Pariah | Keepers of Cyrodiil

Arulash, DK, rank 33
    Eledwhen Elmwoods, NB, rank 30
    Lil Aru, OP Templar healer, rank 23
    Aru on Flames, DK, rank 17

NA | EP | Banana Squad Inc
    Aru's Sis, DK
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dont be so sure.....there are people on the pts RIGHT NOW who are tanking a lot of people and not dying
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no more permablock/ permarolldodge allowed....
    my new meta: stack magika regen

• Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    + hybrid builds should be more viable now
  • tist
    tist
    ✭✭✭
    Alas we now have 1v1 and XvX!
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lorkhan wrote: »
    + hybrid builds should be more viable now

Prismatic enchantments
  • hamon
    hamon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1vX is only a bad thing when caused by badly designed mechanics rather then player skill. Winning against multple players via skill is a good thing and pretty much the essence of PVP - competition. Fun is improving your own skill to the point where you can stand a chance against well known players, not in devs nerfing the player skill in pvp to make newbies feel better.

utter nonsense. how exactly do you nerf player skill? skill is skill, the skillfull player will always be more skillfull.

what isn't healthy for the game is when mechanical and numerical advantage is mistaken for skill . if someone with 3600 cp suddenly start kicking everyone around cos hes got a huge advantage does that mean hes got skill?

should we just suck it up and endure being punching bags for the hardcore grinders , till we amass enough CP to also be "skillfull"?

• olemanwinter
    olemanwinter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree to an extent, but it's gone too far the other direction.

All I see now is NUMBERS = WIN. Even small groups feel like zerg mechanics.

I'm not seeing many groups of 2 beating 4. I don't see groups of 4 beating 7.

The problem I have with current TTK on PTS is that the fights are so slow that with the "piling on" means that whichever side has more players run up first wins.

Fighting 1v1 is great fun with the changes until another person shows up. Then it's pointless.

They took the damage reduction too far in PvP. If you don't want to run in a group you believe will be larger than your opponent it's extremely discouraging.

Some people really don't like a zerg....don't like the inevitability of 40 people running over 20, but 4 vs 2 used to be fun (for some of us). Not any more. 4 vs 2 feels just as inevitable as 40 vs 20.

I don't disagree that less 1vX is good, especially when the 1 is mostly just standing there invulnerable bouncing up and down due to ability imbalance.

But if the game becomes so sanitized that 1vX becomes impossible as a matter of course regardless of the players and builds, then the only thing that matters is group size. That's incredibly boring and frustrating.
    Edited by olemanwinter on July 31, 2015 3:30AM
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant wait to see how changes work for large scale pvp, which is what it was aimed for.

In terms of 1vX, I'd rather gank as thats still viable. At least you are helping the alliance doing so.
    You can still go outnumbered in fights and win. Its just that now there are less broken mechanics to use like block casting, perma roll dodging, streak spamming or infinite flappy flappy.

I think those changes will force solo players to group more too.
    Edited by Kupoking on July 31, 2015 3:41AM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you know how to structure sentences into paragraphs? Or do you write exclusively in poem format?

I'm more of a bullet point guy pwrsonally
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree to an extent, but it's gone too far the other direction.

All I see now is NUMBERS = WIN. Even small groups feel like zerg mechanics.

I'm not seeing many groups of 2 beating 4. I don't see groups of 4 beating 7.

The problem I have with current TTK on PTS is that the fights are so slow that with the "piling on" means that whichever side has more players run up first wins.

Fighting 1v1 is great fun with the changes until another person shows up. Then it's pointless.

They took the damage reduction too far in PvP. If you don't want to run in a group you believe will be larger than your opponent it's extremely discouraging.

Some people really don't like a zerg....don't like the inevitability of 40 people running over 20, but 4 vs 2 used to be fun (for some of us). Not any more. 4 vs 2 feels just as inevitable as 40 vs 20.

I don't disagree that less 1vX is good, especially when the 1 is mostly just standing there invulnerable bouncing up and down due to ability imbalance.

But if the game becomes so sanitized that 1vX becomes impossible as a matter of course regardless of the players and builds, then the only thing that matters is group size. That's incredibly boring and frustrating.

I don't feel like 2v4 is more difficult except when a zerg shows up. Of course the fight would more often be endless, but my group still won most of our outnumbered small scale fights... and that is PTS, regular players on the live servers are probably a whole lot worse. That is, if you compare it to the players who will be in the IC after it launches on live, not necessarily the ones you see in Cyrodiil now. Hard to say with all the PvEers.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1vX will still be completely viable for those of us who are skilled in solo play. Try again.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lorkhan wrote: »
    no more permablock/ permarolldodge allowed....
    my new meta: stack magika regen
    Why no more permadodge?
    Do you think Nbs care about the 33% cost increase? No they don't! It is still too cheap and class skills (stamina) got sheaper so... Ther is nearly no different.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If i had to take a guess atleast 50% of the cyrodiil population are running small grps or soloing.

Should they manage to patch the game so that the majority of players doing this can no longer achieve their personal goals this is going to harm pvp in the long run. Highly organised grps are not the majority of players - should this become the norm in cyro it´s going to rip eso pvp in no time.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Paradox
    Paradox
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's the most idiotic outlook on anything in this game I've yet seen... Learn to play against good players. Nerf clear imbalanced abilities, but don't cry nerf because any player can beat you because you're not good.
    Ebonheart Pact
    @iHateReloads
    Tank And Spank - DragonKnight
    I've quit the game until ZoS stops acting like the community are children, and start actually listening to us.