The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

1vX Less Viable Now - Absolutely A Good Thing

• Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TagaParti wrote: »
    1vX will be less viable in Update 7

You believe everything don't you?
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that people think ESO's PvP is made for 1v1/1vX is completely wrong, and you are completely wrong for thinking ZoS should make pvp friendly to that.

PvP is meant for small-medium-large group combat. The other night I was in a group with 3 others, we had about 12 DC that kept coming to fight us and we kept winning, mainly because we were more organized and played well. Yes PvP isn't going to be easy for 1vX anymore because you can't burst people down, but Its more viable for 2,3,4,5vX etc. Try getting a small group of good players on the PTS, you will have a lot more fun then running solo, after all MMO's are meant to be played with others.
    Edited by bosmern_ESO on August 1, 2015 8:22PM
    ~Thallen~
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that people think ESO's PvP is made for 1v1/1vX is completely wrong, and you are completely wrong for thinking ZoS should make pvp friendly to that.

PvP is meant for small-medium-large group combat. The other night I was in a group with 3 others, we had about 12 DC that kept coming to fight us and we kept winning, mainly because we were more organized and played well. Yes PvP isn't going to be easy for 1vX anymore because you can't burst people down, but Its more viable for 2,3,4,5vX etc. Try getting a small group of good players on the PTS, you will have a lot more fun then running solo, after all MMO's are meant to be played with others.

Why are you trying to impose your play style on other people? who are you to say how someone should play their game? ZOS gave us the "sandbox" that is Cyrodiil and what people do in cyordiil is completely up to every individual. Solo, Small group, large group, ganking, zerging, rping, etc.
    Edited by Sypher on August 1, 2015 8:28PM
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It will also be less viable for 2vX 3vX 4vX etc... all the outnumbered pvp. Because to play outnumbered when ressource is an issue for no one, you need burst too, or the ennemy group will always outheal all your damages (not talking about a bunch of scrubs with no healer here). Overall 1.7 make number even more important than it already was, and skill less.
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only change that I care about at all with the next update is the zero stam regen while blocking in combat. I just hope they have balanced things again for all aspects of the game, not just PvP. I love PvP and I think the block casting is silly, but some things will become increadibly hard like the harder end game tanking. Not sure if they've quite hit the nail on this one, I still think you simply should not be able to use an aggressive ability while holding block and not necessarily stop all stam regen.

A possible issue that arises from this is the need to then boost shields so that tanks can then withstand the damage while having to let go of block. Perhaps just a thought at the moment, anyone tested this on PTS that could shed some light?
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
    Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
    Others...
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty clear Sheliza hasn't seen Skaffa tank 10+ on the pts while thinning them out for over 10 minutes. 1vX is not dead, but the higher TTK is going to make it a bit tougher to keep from getting zerged while doing it.
    Edited by Xeniph on August 2, 2015 1:17AM
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most I've done successfully so far on PTS is a 1 v 4 and as a lot of you know, I'm not that great of a solo player...lets wait to see what Sypher and Blaba and all those people can do.
    Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

EP | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 50 | Former Emperor of Haderus & Chillrend |
    EP | Phobos | Altmer Nightblade | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Cheezus Sliced | Argonian Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 30 |
    EP | Eterno Tempesta | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 33 |
    DC | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 12 |
    DC | Divine Storm | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 04 |
    EP | Pocket Vortex | Bosmer Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 24 |
    EP | Vortexman | Redguard DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 28 |
    EP | Fungal Growth | Argonian Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Eternal Guardian | Bosmer Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 13 |
    and a few other random toons

Teaching by example > https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5479085#Comment_5479085
  • WRX
    WRX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1vX is much better in my opinion. No more snipers one hitting you from stealth thank god.
    Decibel GM

GLUB GLUB
  • Jbugz97
    Jbugz97
    ✭✭✭
    WRX wrote: »
    1vX is much better in my opinion. No more snipers one hitting you from stealth thank god.

i never got one hit sniped on 1.6. my set gear wouldn't allow that
    NB v14 / DC / Shades of Jbugz
    DK v12 / DC / Fear of Jbugz

Now Playing on xbox
    GT : J Bugz 3
    DC for life
    Magika NB
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Never had problems with Snipe.
    I got more problems fighting Templars who can outheal any Dps without running out of ressources.
    As soon as you turn your back on them they start to Jesus beam you or attack with jabs..
    You know what kind of enemy does the same?

228px-Big_Boo_NSMBDIY.png

I kill Templars through burst while they're stunned, otherwise they simply don't die. Same for DKs, Sorcs or NBs, they're just not as annoying as Templar since they don't heal the whole *** group while doing that stuff.
    In 1.7 I will kill the bad people like always and go out of the fight. Ain't nobody got time for 5 minute fights and every scrub is able to hold their own for half an eternity.
    "balance".
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Valindor Magnus
    Valindor Magnus
    ✭✭✭
    1vX is only a bad thing when caused by badly designed mechanics rather then player skill. Winning against multple players via skill is a good thing and pretty much the essence of PVP - competition. Fun is improving your own skill to the point where you can stand a chance against well known players, not in devs nerfing the player skill in pvp to make newbies feel better.

I think all experienced pvpers at some point went against a really skilled player with several friends and died due to being outplayed. But they didnt quit, they learned and got better. Dying a ton due to exploits, bugs and the like is what is far more likely to make players quit.

this. i dont care when i die in cyroodiil if its a legit death, however when i see videos of sorcs with their buffs up and they have inner light active and its not on their bar or multiple mundus stone boons active at the same time it pisses me off. not to mention just the blatent abuse of broken skills like camo hunter was or making a build to one shot ppl. just unhealthy for the game.

Vehemence
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the TTK changes are good, but that they went a bit too far. It just makes the fighting seem a bit tedious. With the close respawn points in IC the fights take longer than it takes you to get back to the fight. Maybe instead of 50% they could go to 25% or 30% or 15% or something. Play around with it.