The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

718 fish, 1 perfect roe? ZOS your idea of a sick joke?

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OzJohnD wrote: »
    Heads, Heads, Heads, Heads, Heads .... still a 50% chance of getting Heads unless its a two headed coin

Heads

Tails... combo breaker. :sunglasses:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    The drop rate averages out to about 1 in 50.

That doesn't mean you will get 1 every 50 fish, that means every fish has a 2% chance of dropping a perfect roe - so you can gut hundreds and get none, or gut 50 and get 3 - but over a large sample (thousands and thousands of fish gutted) it will about even out to 1 in 50.
    My results after thousands of fish don't average to 2% at all. I can't recall the number offhand, but it was much lower.
    Options
  • sekou_trayvond
    sekou_trayvond
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is this thread where I should mention that I got two out of 28 fishies? No? Praise Akatosh!
    Options
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hehe, once you have pulled 200 from 2800 fish, come back and boast :trollface:

Until then: wait for the next 500 fish and re-evaluate!
    Options
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I learned in games a long long long time ago anything that involves a heavy amount of RNG is not worth the bother and just stay away...save yourself the hassle and do something else that is not covered in RNG.

RNG is all over games now and pay 2 "skip" ahead, it was never this bad in the 80's and 90's but now people who play games today are not people who would of played games back then, now the cash cow has got bigger, more mainstream with consoles etc and everyone wants instant gratification so the normal is to restrict things with RNG and grind, then give an option to avoid RNG and grind with real money....

They need to create obstacles, rng and frustration in trying to get the craftable exp potions because then no one would buy the crown store exp potions if it was easy to do....
    Edited by Troneon on July 30, 2015 12:26PM
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason is that there is 100% chance you can buy xp boost scrolls from the crown store.
    Edited by TequilaFire on July 30, 2015 12:42PM
    Options
  • Pman85
    Pman85
    ✭✭✭✭
    The loading tip tells me every now and then, that the more ppl you have fishing from one spot, the higher your chances are to get some rare stuff. But the fishing hole dries out faster.

thats straight from the loading screen tip
    Guildmaster - Order of Stendarr [XB1] - Apply today!

Brought to you by Fishy Joe's....Ride the walrus!

Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pman85 wrote: »
    The loading tip tells me every now and then, that the more ppl you have fishing from one spot, the higher your chances are to get some rare stuff. But the fishing hole dries out faster.

thats straight from the loading screen tip

Yeah, it applies to getting the blue and green trophy fish of doom. Not for getting Roe.
    Options
  • Hosiaha
    Hosiaha
    I got my first one after 65 fish. Not to bad
    Options
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The more you want it, the worse your chances.

Such is RNG.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
    Options
  • TortUred_mAlice
    OzJohnD wrote: »
    You forgot to make the sacrifice to Akatosh first

Bring him the bound Argonian!

H,M,L - M,S - D,S,T,N
    H,M,L - M,S - D,S,T,N
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they should implement a counter like d3 did to wrangle the statistics. In d3 they had x% chance of a legendary but a guaranteed legendary after 2 hours if none dropped. Could add a guaranteed roe after X fish if none have dropped.
    Edited by Armitas on July 30, 2015 8:33PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenithar help us if their check for the 0.8% chance of Perfect Roe is actually coded to be something like (if ((rand() & 0x007f) == 1)) because that's just asking for poor random results.
    Yes and I'm 100% sure on that.

Options
  • Instant_Karma_88
    It is a sick joke because we have to grind for days in order to obtain an item that reduces grinding time... -_-
    Options
  • King Bozo
    King Bozo
    ✭✭✭
    I wondered today why I cannot take a boat out on the water? I have to fish a lot and one would think that being in a boat would be an option.
    Options
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    My results after thousands of fish don't average to 2% at all. I can't recall the number offhand, but it was much lower.

After thousands of fish I am averaging from 1% to 1.1%. That is over THOUSANDS.
    Options
  • Savetti
    Savetti
    ✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Ultima Online used to have "power ticks". You'd be busting ass trying to raise points, get nothing... nothing... nothing... then 3 or 4 all in a row. ESO reminds me of that sometime. I've refined 3 ore and got three gold temps in a row. Then I refined several stacks after that, some not even getting ingots at all. The RNG seems to flow in waves.

Oh how I miss Ultima Online, pre AOS of course...

Options
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    506a157dfb04d60a6b000bbd._w.1500_s.fit_.jpg
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

Options
  • Mighty_oakk
    Mighty_oakk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are gonna hate me for saying this but I had about 60 fish and got 3. All 3 came out of the first 20. But aside from this my luck has been awful all week
    Options
  • JacksonCarter13
    JacksonCarter13
    ✭✭✭
    Master fisher title. That rng is the real truth behind eso. Try and do that achievement and you will understand what rng is. That and try trophy hunting. Man some people have killed 2k of a single mob with no trophy drop. RNJESUS is real pray to him
    Options
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to hear that OP, that's just very unfortunate. Personally I've gotten 11 Perfect Roe from just under 600 fillets.

That being said I've never gone fishing with the purpose of find Perfect Roe from Fish fillets, it's always been to catch rare fish with friends and relax, so any Perfect Roe is just a bonus. It makes the RNG basically painless that way.
    Edited by Rev Rielle on July 31, 2015 6:26AM
    If you can be anything, be kind.
    Options
  • Tre_775
    Tre_775
    ✭✭✭
    I did two Provisioner Writs yesterday. The reward box from the first one contained 20 Fish Filets. The second one contained a recipe for Fishy Sticks. Oh the devs are cruel!
    "He was already insane before he left Tamriel. Mad as a box of frogs..."
    - Lyris Titanborn in reference to Sir Cadwell
    Options
  • Mighty_oakk
    Mighty_oakk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tre_775 wrote: »
    I did two Provisioner Writs yesterday. The reward box from the first one contained 20 Fish Filets. The second one contained a recipe for Fishy Sticks. Oh the devs are cruel!

Sounds delicious
    Options
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fishing and maybe helm frops in dungeons, should be higher chance after each time you complete it without getting a head piece. Lets say its 5% chance, and you dont get it, it should be 6% next time, and reset if you get one.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
    Options