The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Azura Star XB1 EU

• hamon
    hamon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dalglish wrote: »
    You also compared chalman and blue road to ash and roebeck, blue road and chalman are both ep home keeps while roebeck is ad and ash dc. The comparison is wrong.

the comparison wasnt on their map positions. it was how often they change hands , meaning how often they are being fought over.. the fact they are both ep home keeps compounds my point. both EP home keeps being the most exchanged keeps while on the other side of the maps ( you know the side that AD and DC should be contesting ) sees a fraction of the fighting.

now they do change hands sometimes . but very few times compared to chalman and blue road to say otherwise is outright false. sometimes roebeck can go 24 hours without changing hands while chalman and blue road get flipped 10 times a day.

what that tells you is that both sides are contesting EP's keeps all the time but ignoring blatant opportunites to take the opportunity to attack each other.

and sure its ok to push back on a faction when they have all the stuff and your scrolls through nightcapping.. thats fair enough.. but its been 2 weeks since EP had nightcaps. since then its been AD , hence they reeled in a 15k defficit.. but why aint DC now punishing them for nightcapping?

• hamon
    hamon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ad and ep are obsessed with Sejanus-to-bridge battles

I'd love a bridge on our side of the map! I can imagine those battles to be epic.

We just have to make do with the Ash/Nickle, and Bleakers/Challman, gate chokes :(

thats not the only anomaly of design that AD enjoys.. have you tried to take their home scroll on ( is it nmem? ) the one where the approach is on a deep slope meaning the attackers cant get a single siege put up at the scroll gate. while the defenders enjot flat land behind the gate to put defensive siege up ..

no other scroll gate in the game is even close to being that hard to attack.

• Silky_Shokz
    Silky_Shokz
    ✭✭✭
    hamon wrote: »

thats not the only anomaly of design that AD enjoys.. have you tried to take their home scroll on ( is it nmem? ) the one where the approach is on a deep slope meaning the attackers cant get a single siege put up at the scroll gate. while the defenders enjot flat land behind the gate to put defensive siege up ..

no other scroll gate in the game is even close to being that hard to attack.

I've made that push once......NEVER AGAIN!

It's an awful design!

Both DC gates are pretty flat, EP has one sligthly sloped and surrounded by rocks & trees (northern scroll) which can be awkward. I'd say the DC scrolls are the most accessable, so as soon as Aleswell or Glade get pushed, we have to go super defensive

• Dalglish
    Dalglish
    ✭✭✭
    You also compared chalman and blue road to ash and roebeck, blue road and chalman are both ep home keeps while roebeck is ad and ash dc. The comparison is wrong.

the comparison wasnt on their map positions. it was how often they change hands , meaning how often they are being fought over.. the fact they are both ep home keeps compounds my point. both EP home keeps being the most exchanged keeps while on the other side of the maps ( you know the side that AD and DC should be contesting ) sees a fraction of the fighting.

now they do change hands sometimes . but very few times compared to chalman and blue road to say otherwise is outright false. sometimes roebeck can go 24 hours without changing hands while chalman and blue road get flipped 10 times a day.

what that tells you is that both sides are contesting EP's keeps all the time but ignoring blatant opportunites to take the opportunity to attack each other.

and sure its ok to push back on a faction when they have all the stuff and your scrolls through nightcapping.. thats fair enough.. but its been 2 weeks since EP had nightcaps. since then its been AD , hence they reeled in a 15k defficit.. but why aint DC now punishing them for nightcapping?

AD has pushed a nightcap twice in the last two weeks; as opposed to a nightly one for 15 days; that kinda stuff sticks. During prime time we have been lucky enough to be able to control more keeps than DC to keep them at bay and slowly eat away at the EP lead. The weekend scroll hogging certainly helped AD massively, we were still 9k behind on Friday night btw.

It will even itself out as we saw AD only having 2 keeps left for quite a while on both Monday and Tuesday.

It to's and frow's. The AD groups during the day are woeful, they attack sejanus religiously when we are losing keeps the other side of the map (so I am told), we have leaders who think they know everything but fail in everything they do 99% of the time.

It's a pity none of the guys that actually know what they are doing are willing to stand up and lead groups.
    Victrix EU - EP & AD -
    Xbox EU - DalglishUK
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to say I'm surprised and very happy to see EP losing, considering the population imbalances. Good job yellows and blues!
  • Dalglish
    Dalglish
    ✭✭✭
    It was hilarous yesterday, AD allowed DC to take the EP scroll, they got it all the way back to their keep.

As soon as they saw that reds were turning towards them, they let the scroll reset back to Black Boot haha!

Victrix EU - EP & AD -
    Xbox EU - DalglishUK
  • Silky_Shokz
    Silky_Shokz
    ✭✭✭
    What??

Beginning to regret taking some time out the past couple of days! Been hammering the undaunted pledges trying to get some armour :D

Why the hell did we allow it to reset????!

Please tell me I'm not the only player from DC on here. Some one HAS to be able to answer this!
  • Dalglish
    Dalglish
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure, you had it inside Rayles but whoever picked it up just stayed there for over an hour to allow it to reset haha
    Victrix EU - EP & AD -
    Xbox EU - DalglishUK
  • Silky_Shokz
    Silky_Shokz
    ✭✭✭
    bizarre.

I'd suggest they lagged out, but surely their charecter would of disppeared and some one else would of picked up the scroll. (seen that happen mid-run before!!).

Unless they lagged out whilst putting it in the keep....which would of been REALLY unfortunate timing haha!
  • Dalglish
    Dalglish
    ✭✭✭
    Nar the scroll was in the keep for around 45 minutes, if they had lagged out, they would of dropped the scroll as soon as they got logged out.
    Victrix EU - EP & AD -
    Xbox EU - DalglishUK
  • Baerserk
    Baerserk
    Isbilen wrote: »
    I have to say I'm surprised and very happy to see EP losing, considering the population imbalances. Good job yellows and blues!

Im not happy to see someone losing. Im EP for myself but im happy to see someone winning which deserves it more in my opinion. AD did a good job on normal play hours. Even their win was pushed a bit last days by @Dalglish vampire abilities and magicka detonation skills. But dont hate the player, hate the game. I think EP made the biggest mistake to focus on DC instead of getting the scrolls back. Sadly its really hard to find a decent group or active pvp guilds on EP. Maybe its to soon. I really loved the bridge fights and excited for the new campaign start. GG guys and girls!
    GT: Baerserk | Visit my Profile for awesome Information about nothing and trading stuff like nirn traits. YEHA!
    [X1][EU][EP] High Heals | Templar | Heal and moar DPS
    [X1][EU][AD] Van Hell | Nightblade | Retired Vampire Hunter
    Looking every now and then for awesome groups, who like to rush through dungeons, farming craglorn dailies and owning cyrodiil. Also looking for an active pvp guild!
  • Silky_Shokz
    Silky_Shokz
    ✭✭✭
    Baerserk wrote: »
    I think EP made the biggest mistake to focus on DC instead of getting the scrolls back.

That move always confused me :D

"AD have both our scrolls...HEY! Let's leave them there and fight DC!" :grey_question::grey_question::grey_question:
  • CeeJonesy
    CeeJonesy
    ✭✭✭
    Baerserk wrote: »
    I think EP made the biggest mistake to focus on DC instead of getting the scrolls back.

That move always confused me :D

"AD have both our scrolls...HEY! Let's leave them there and fight DC!" :grey_question::grey_question::grey_question:

As an EP player 99% of what EP zerg does confuses me
    PC EU | XBOX EU
  • RapturousRex
    RapturousRex
    ✭✭✭
    This may just be me, but why should an Emperor give up his position?

I swapped out of Azura a couple of weeks ago, only had about 2 hours of play time a night, at rush hour, so it was taking me an hour and a half to get in. Was a good campaign like, but I ended up wasting a lot of time just waiting to get in for 20-30 minutes and then get off again.

Anyways, my new campaign has an actual leading Emperor. He's not been on for a week or so, but when it kicks off, he's there actually coordinating people.

But then, the guy who would become Emperor if the current dropped it is terrible. He spawn camps constantly, teabags kills he didn't get, and couldn't lead his way out of a paper bag, he just follows the herd and then is there. But he's really really good at repairing walls!

Why would I want him as Emperor when our current one is a Gee?

Am I missing something?
  • Dalglish
    Dalglish
    ✭✭✭
    What faction are you talking about Rex, and which campaign?

It's hard to get a 'leading' Emperor in Azuras because it is the only campaign that is triple pop lock, holding on to Emperor is pretty hard.

Yeah, Emperor kinda should stay with the person in first or those who can defend against pushes; at the same I don't plan on personally keeping it on the AD side, time to give some other guys the experience of it.

I think I have done my fair share for my alliance, as Emp you will always get haters; even in your own faction with the jealousy.

As long as an Emperor can do stuff for the alliance I don't care who it is myself.
    Victrix EU - EP & AD -
    Xbox EU - DalglishUK
  • RapturousRex
    RapturousRex
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in EP, Thornblade.

Azura was boss, had a lot of fun in it, amount of times you'd flank, be flanked, accidentally ambush each other, flank again, get flanked by your own guys, was chaotic and brilliant, but with the wait time I couldn't commit to it. I can understand Emperor being a bit of a nightmare to get hold of, it was interesting spawning in and finding out what was going on. 'Oh, we've lost/taken THAT keep...didn't see that coming'.

I can dig an Emperor passing it up, that's up to them, but I can't wrap my head around people expecting them to pass it up. To the point of boycotting a campaign over it? Just seems a touch too meta for my liking, people organising outside of the game to do worse to allow someone else to become Emperor? It's a bit off.

And I think you've done more than your fair share, my first ever time on Azura I knew who you were within an hour, and I learnt to rush you quick because I might just survive long enough to land a hit. I'd die a second lat like, but hey, isn't that the point?
  • Silky_Shokz
    Silky_Shokz
    ✭✭✭
    Once again, EP fail on their own scroll push so decide to hit DC...It's laughable :D
  • hamon
    hamon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once again, EP fail on their own scroll push so decide to hit DC...It's laughable :D

no idea what you refer to, i'm no longer in azura's.. but isn't what you describe EP hitting both other factions? like how its suposed to work?

rather than operating some sort of vendetta against one or the other?

but i,m sure EP ill be last this time. cos no way DC will make any sort of consistant push on AD . I would predict a boring win for AD within 2 weeks of the campaign.. while DC pat themselves on the back for being second . but hey at least you won't be last eh.

• Pingu
    Pingu
    This month saw the revival of Aldmeri Dominion for Azura's Star, after coming 2nd in every cycle since the game came out..

I fought pretty hard and at the end of it all got 13,333 coin.. Pointless.
  • Silky_Shokz
    Silky_Shokz
    ✭✭✭

no idea what you refer to, i'm no longer in azura's.. but isn't what you describe EP hitting both other factions? like how its suposed to work?

but i,m sure EP ill be last this time. cos no way DC will make any sort of consistant push on AD . I would predict a boring win for AD within 2 weeks of the campaign.. while DC pat themselves on the back for being second . but hey at least you won't be last eh.

No, we took our scroll off AD & EP were pushing for they're own. AD pushed EP back from Fayre & wouldn't let them passed, so they gave up, reverted up north & hit Bleakers & Aleswell.

Then, surprise surprise, the night cap crew resurfaced. And I presume that they will again moan about getting picked on later in the campaign :D
  • WassyLad
    WassyLad
    ✭✭✭
    It was hilarous yesterday, AD allowed DC to take the EP scroll, they got it all the way back to their keep.

As soon as they saw that reds were turning towards them, they let the scroll reset back to Black Boot haha!

That was me haha! I took it and my game glitched I couldn't put the scroll down, never had that problem before. I assumed it was because we didn't have our defensive scroll so I sent my group to go get it.
    They came against resistance and then the scroll just reset I don't know how or why as I've never experienced that before. I was just sat in the keep waiting.

• WassyLad
    WassyLad
    ✭✭✭

Reading your previous posts you really think AD and DC have an alliance? I PVP everyday and for this whole campaign 99% of it I've been attacking yellows mainly because of dalglish (sorry mate).

If you want to bring alliance politics into it I heard plenty of rumours that EP and AD made a pact back when AD was third that EP wouldn't attack them until they overtook us. Coincidentally both EP and AD attacked us constantly (AD had all scrolls and EP never once pushed for them) until AD overtook us then EP attacked them again. Personally I couldn't care less about the politics I'm just saying look at your own alliance before you start throwing accusations.

Hope to see you at bleakers sometime soon.
    Edited by WassyLad on August 8, 2015 4:26PM
  • Dalglish
    Dalglish
    ✭✭✭
    Now we got DC cheating to get scrolls from locked EP gates. Next step towards the PC stupidness haha
    Victrix EU - EP & AD -
    Xbox EU - DalglishUK
  • Dalglish
    Dalglish
    ✭✭✭
    WassyLad wrote: »

That was me haha! I took it and my game glitched I couldn't put the scroll down, never had that problem before. I assumed it was because we didn't have our defensive scroll so I sent my group to go get it.
    They came against resistance and then the scroll just reset I don't know how or why as I've never experienced that before. I was just sat in the keep waiting.

Ahh yeah, if I remember right you didn't have your own offensive scroll so couldnt take ours, only just remembered myself haha
    Victrix EU - EP & AD -
    Xbox EU - DalglishUK
  • Silky_Shokz
    Silky_Shokz
    ✭✭✭
    No clue what the hell is happening! No one seems to know this guy
  • WassyLad
    WassyLad
    ✭✭✭
    WassyLad wrote: »

Ahh yeah, if I remember right you didn't have your own offensive scroll so couldnt take ours, only just remembered myself haha

We had our offensive scroll but not our defensive, it was the elder scroll of ghartok which I had. Any idea why it randomly reset?
  • Silky_Shokz
    Silky_Shokz
    ✭✭✭
    Well.....EP have once again ruined the campaign on day 2 with the night caps.

Ridiculous
  • WassyLad
    WassyLad
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait for the butthurt EP playerson here when both AD and DC push them back and they start crying on the forums saying "AD and DC must have made an alliance that's why they're both attacking us" orrrrr maybe it's the fact you nightcap continuously.

If I was EP I genuinely think I would've left by now how boring is it attacking empty keeps??

Also the rumours that it's a French guild nightcapping are you really revolving your lives around coming onto a game in the early hours of the morning just to capture empty keeps? How sad.
  • Dalglish
    Dalglish
    ✭✭✭
    Tbf I was on last night during the nightcap, the French guys have a squad but they have nowhere near enough to take the actual keeps vs a few good defenders.

It's a much much bigger group that are ruining the campaign, some ive never even seen in the campaign before. Must of been 50-60 guys in Fare when they took it.
    Victrix EU - EP & AD -
    Xbox EU - DalglishUK
  • WassyLad
    WassyLad
    ✭✭✭
    50-60 players on one flag, you must've felt like you died and went to heaven with your AoE haha.

It's just EP's numbers our guild pushed for emp last night came against barely any resistance until we got to alessia. Reds don't seem to take as much note of the map as AD do. We killed most of the Reds and got in on the first flag then AD rushed in behind us and took it :'(

Randoms in DC just run around like headless chickens barely had any of them clock onto what we were doing and follow us down, oh well.