The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Azura Star XB1 EU

Silky_Shokz
Silky_Shokz
✭✭✭
Some good, strong battles recently!

Interested in hearing anyone else's thoughts on this server?

Also, if the splinter DC groups would like to start communicating and working together....that'd be great :D
Edited by Silky_Shokz on July 29, 2015 8:28AM
  • Dalglish
    Dalglish
    ✭✭✭
    Good campaign, would just be nice if AD and DC had the night raids on to deal with the EP nightcaps and it would be really nicely balanced.
    Victrix EU - EP & AD -
    Xbox EU - DalglishUK
  • Silky_Shokz
    Silky_Shokz
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed.

Due to the summer holidays, DC seems to have more numbers on than I have seen before, but all seem to be off "picking flowers" or dancing in keeps *sigh*

The late evenings do provide some very good battles though after the "little'uns" have gone to bed :p . Even if sometimes the choice of battle makes no sense *cough* EP pushing DC from Bleakers while AD hit Arrius *cough* :wink:

P.S Give us our scrolls back! :D
  • Silky_Shokz
    Silky_Shokz
    ✭✭✭
    Good fights again yesterday! Was happily levelling in PvE until I saw a notification on my screen that we'd taken an AD scroll while EP were trying to get their own back :D

Would be interested to know if any EP players are on here who were involved in their "close, but not close enough" emperor push that we thwarted at the last second :D

Only needing Roebeck, and with the majority of DC at Faergyll, we switched up North and took Aleswell back JUST before they got Roebeck. Took Nickle back and then went back up to swat them away back past Chalman :D

Didn't look at the map this morning though. Presuming EP pop locked when we slept again....
  • Dalglish
    Dalglish
    ✭✭✭
    AD at the weekend seem to be pretty strong to be honest. Hopefully we can keep the campaign

That Roebeck and Faregyl defence from whole of DC and EP factions on Saturday was epic, think it went on from 6pm - midnight haha!

Talking about close Emperorship pushes, I got emperor in Chalman and then about 5 seconds later, Blue Road was taken; whoever was defending Blue Road and held the zerg back just long enough were legends!
    Edited by Dalglish on August 3, 2015 10:46AM
    Victrix EU - EP & AD -
    Xbox EU - DalglishUK
  • Silky_Shokz
    Silky_Shokz
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, that was an epic war on Saturday haha!

You guys seem to of taken over the night shift from EP this weekend! Haha! I'm taking some time to concentrate on my build, then I'll be back as often as I was ;)
  • Dalglish
    Dalglish
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah tbh, I went offline soon as we had Arrius on Saturday night, then woke up with all the scrolls. Was amazed that we managed to keep all scrolls for the whole day.

AD usually completely balls things up during the week and then come back strong over the weekend. We are ahead now, hopefully we can keep it going until campaign end, then I can go start levelling a couple of my alts :)
    Victrix EU - EP & AD -
    Xbox EU - DalglishUK
  • Silky_Shokz
    Silky_Shokz
    ✭✭✭
    Hat trick of scroll runs now :)
  • hamon
    hamon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tbh i think the lack of DC trying to keep it a 3 way fight has ruined this , i can see a load of EP jumping ship on this at the end.

i mean how can AD keep 6 scrolls all weekend with 2 pop lock opponants unless one faction lets them? its just not even possible. if both other factions push their entire forces at the scrolls at the same time its just not possible to defend them all against twice your number. After all when EP had the night crew getting scrolls late on . the next day both factions would push for them and get them due to overwhelming force... thats how its supposed to work and does. .. unless one faction simply doesnt make an effort to get them back.

funny thing was midday monday after AD got 2k in front after being allowed to hold the DC scrolls all weekend suddenly they give both them up without much effort.. both scrolls were taken at pretty much the same time.

its a shame cos on days when DC played like a faction on its own and not taking sides the server was balanced. like if EP extended to hard south they would push east along towards arrius to force EP back ( as they should)

but then when AD pushed to far north leaving ash and roebeck etc. ripe for the taking to force AD back down they didn't bother and instead just pushed along east again and ended up simply arrivng at the fight at arrius. or ninja'd a red scroll at the same time as AD.

sometimes the fight between EP and AD would rage for several hours at arrius/ farragut/kings but in that time a full pop DC couldn,t muster more than 2 or 3 siege to go down the west side of the map... very strange tactics if it wasn't some sort of decision to if not aid directly but at least not hinder AD when their entire army was at the polar opposite of the map.

thats pretty much what allowed AD to go from last to first in 2 weeks. while DC went from second place to last... very odd

• Silky_Shokz
    Silky_Shokz
    ✭✭✭
    I was part of both DC scroll pushes yesterday due to being off work.

We pushed for a grab & run from Black Boot and then waited for EP to push for their scroll as they kept pushing us away from our 2nd at Arrius.

EP couldn't break through at Farragut, despite (I presume) having their full force there, so we were at a point of having to wait and twiddle our thumbs until EP actually mustered up enough strength (christ knows how it took them so long!) to take Farragut. We ended up taking Black Boot and holding it off just for something to do :D

EP seem to of gone from the strongest (due to the night capping team) to the weakest. If this campaign had longer left in it, I'm 100% convinced DC would be easily above EP.

• Silky_Shokz
    Silky_Shokz
    ✭✭✭
    hamon wrote: »
    tbh i think the lack of DC trying to keep it a 3 way fight has ruined this , i can see a load of EP jumping ship on this at the end.

We were pushed too far behind at the beginning of the campaign by the EP night team. AD seemed to of had a massive night team this weekend which has increased the gap. There's been a lot of "lone wolves" in DC up until recently. We're starting to group together a bit more now though, so future campaigns should be looking brighter for us. Seems to be a learning process for a lot
  • hamon
    hamon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We were pushed too far behind at the beginning of the campaign by the EP night team. AD seemed to of had a massive night team this weekend which has increased the gap. There's been a lot of "lone wolves" in DC up until recently. We're starting to group together a bit more now though, so future campaigns should be looking brighter for us. Seems to be a learning process for a lot

Dc were in second place untill they stopped trying to win for themselves and simply helped AD , 2 weeks in AD were in third before the EP nightcrew refused to play in azura's (aparently a french guild of PC transfers stopped playing azura's cos the emperor wouldn't take a few days off to let the next guy get it , so they boycotted the campaign)

aparently the AD top ten didn't ask dalglish to let the next few guys get it , they were happy to allow him to get it multiple times for some reason.

Now i can understand both factions battering EP all day when they held all the scrolls from the night crew and were 15k ahead in the score... however DC doing it while allowing them selves to be pushed from second place to last seems very strange.. a sort of capitulation. like " we,ll happily accept losing utterly as long as EP doesn't win"

Which i'm sure how many EP guys will view it.. it's a shame cos it was a full pop 3 faction server.. which is rare . but next time around i would fully expect lots of EP to move. which will spoil the fun.. if its left with only full pop DC and AD it,ll get boring fast , just pushing the same keeps back and forward all day with whoever has the best night crew winning by about week 2 of the campaign.
  • Silky_Shokz
    Silky_Shokz
    ✭✭✭
    Now i can understand both factions battering EP all day when they held all the scrolls from the night crew and were 15k ahead in the score... however DC doing it while allowing them selves to be pushed from second place to last seems very strange.. a sort of capitulation. like " we,ll happily accept losing utterly as long as EP doesn't win"

Pretty much what I hear a lot of in area chat. "As long as red don't win" is what pops up most commonly.

Like I said, learning curve for a lot of players. DC doesn't seem to have as big of a PC transfer population in Azura's as AD & EP (from what I have seen), so everyone's still learning and levelling.

From a personal point of view, I'm happy pushing to Roebeck/Challman, to keep the opposition at bay, then holding there. Unless it's a scroll push. If we already have anything further, then obviously I'll defend what we've got.

A lot of yesterday was spent bouncing between Dragonclaw, Challman & Roe, until another DC group took Farragut (I think that was while EP were taking their scroll from Bloodmayne). Admittidly, made a cheeky attempt to intercept the EP scroll return :D

DC, as an overall view from myself, seems to be more of a "reactive" faction. If one faction pushes us, we'll push back.
  • hamon
    hamon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was part of both DC scroll pushes yesterday due to being off work.

We pushed for a grab & run from Black Boot and then waited for EP to push for their scroll as they kept pushing us away from our 2nd at Arrius.

EP couldn't break through at Farragut, despite (I presume) having their full force there, so we were at a point of having to wait and twiddle our thumbs until EP actually mustered up enough strength (christ knows how it took them so long!) to take Farragut. We ended up taking Black Boot and holding it off just for something to do :D

EP seem to of gone from the strongest (due to the night capping team) to the weakest. If this campaign had longer left in it, I'm 100% convinced DC would be easily above EP.

yes cos every time EP pushed AD hard DC does what they should and attacks the exposed EP keeps.. However they refuse to do the same to AD.

thats my point. the map and the layout are designed to promote 3 faction balancing , very specifically to make it very difficult for one faction to dominate the map if its pop locked by all 3. if all 3 factions are playing it like that it is very well designed.

one faction simply CANNOT throw its full numbers into attack up one side for very long without leaving its home keeps on the other side of the map utterly exposed. The third faction then inevitably starts cutting off the attacking force by attacking on the other side.

this is by design . it works like this untill one faction decides not to take those opportunities in favor of piling onto the faction thats already getting pushed back.

Lets say your in EP and AD has thrown its full army into attack , you get pushed back to arrius your thinking " hold out guys, if we just hold for another half hour DC will be sure to see the chance to go and take some undefended yellow keeps down the ash - roebeck corridor" .. so you hold on for another hour still DC doesnt take go on the attack .. then another hour.. by this time DC could (and should) have took an easy opportunity to take maybe 3 keeps from the yellow and possible had a grab for a AD scroll...which would force the AD to drop at least some of its force into defence.

next thing the hard pushed EP notice that instead DC have decided to make a ninja attack on kingscrest.. wouldn,t you be like ffs what we meant to do with that..

would you sign up for that campaign next time if you were EP? knowing that in situations like that where the whole design of the place to self balance as 3 factions play for themselves is being ignored.

• Silky_Shokz
    Silky_Shokz
    ✭✭✭
    Like I said pal, DC seems to be learning still.

A lot of them are "lower" levels who have only just started out in PvP, see an easy opportunity and their eyes have a certain scroll look to them.

As time goes by it'll sort itself out and the "logical" way to play will surface. I try to communicate as best I can to other groups, and I can see the corner beginning to turn....it's just that it's a big ass bend :D
    Lets say your in EP and AD has thrown its full army into attack , you get pushed back to arrius your thinking " hold out guys, if we just hold for another half hour DC will be sure to see the chance to go and take some undefended yellow keeps down the ash - roebeck corridor" .. so you hold on for another hour still DC doesnt take go on the attack .. then another hour.. by this time DC could (and should) have took an easy opportunity to take maybe 3 keeps from the yellow and possible had a grab for a AD scroll...which would force the AD to drop at least some of its force into defence.

next thing the hard pushed EP notice that instead DC have decided to make a ninja attack on kingscrest.. wouldn,t you be like ffs what we meant to do with that..

would you sign up for that campaign next time if you were EP? knowing that in situations like that where the whole design of the place to self balance as 3 factions play for themselves is being ignored.

This sounds awfully familiar.....Yes, that's because this EXACT situation happened to DC over the weekend. AD put their full force into a scroll push, we're left with just Warden and half expect AD to be hitting it.......nope, EP.

AD had Ash, Glade & Rayles, EP walked right up to Warden and went for it to try and capitalise. You can't call DC out as being the sole faction running that gig :wink:
  • hamon
    hamon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of them are "lower" levels who have only just started out in PvP, see an easy opportunity and their eyes have a certain scroll look to them.

As time goes by it'll sort itself out and the "logical" way to play will surface. I try to communicate as best I can to other groups, and I can see the corner beginning to turn....it's just that it's a big ass bend :D

This sounds awfully familiar.....Yes, that's because this EXACT situation happened to DC over the weekend. AD put their full force into a scroll push, we're left with just Warden and half expect AD to be hitting it.......nope, EP.

AD had Ash, Glade & Rayles, EP walked right up to Warden and went for it to try and capitalise. You can't call DC out as being the sole faction running that gig :wink:

Pretty much what I hear a lot of in area chat. "As long as red don't win" is what pops up most commonly.

see and thats what is going to ruin a very good thing in xbox 1 ESO.. everyone in EP knows thats whats been going on and will simply leave for another campaign. after all if your gonna be targetted by everyone else in the campaign might as well do it where it isnt 2 pop locks trying to ensure you lose.

3 faction pop locks won't be around next time , and thats cos of DC playing idiotic faction politics instead of just playing the game. the way they should look at it is both AD and EP are equally as bad and be hell bent on killing them both and trying to win. Not allowing AD to win cos its preferrable to an EP win.

finishing last as DC will now is finishing last, choosing who beats you most as some sort of preferance based on god knows what sort of faction prejudice is nothing more than idiocy. next time it,ll be AD versus DC in azura's. with a much reduced EP presence and thats much less fun than 3 pop locks for everyone involved.

but if you were EP would you join a 100 long queue to join a campaign where DC simply choose to make sure you lose rather than try to win themselves or would you just choose another campaign?

• Silky_Shokz
    Silky_Shokz
    ✭✭✭
    I hear you pal,

But the way the current campaign started, EP have to surely expect some blow back for the way the ran through people who were asleep.

I'm fully aware it's stupid to keep it up all the time. I'm being honest about what I hear. Like I've said though, next campaign should be better hopefully. People are starting to understand it all more.

The 2 stand out players I've encountered myself (this is personal opinion) on each faction are Dalglish on AD, and Golf on EP....I honestly don't know a single "stand out" player on DC. When [snip] got emperorship I remember seeing him standing in keeps, dancing......When [snip] got it, I remember asking him (after taking Bleakers) to re-take Ash with us. His response? "nah mate, me and my guy are point farming".....That's what we have topping our leaderboards. And having people like that in the spotlight at the top, doesn't set a great example to the rest of the faction really.

All that said, I'm not going anywhere. I see people with better builds, and factions that are performing better, as a challenge and a measuring block against my own progress and that of the guild I'm in :)

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Naming & Shaming]
    Edited by ZOS_Alex on August 4, 2015 4:11PM
  • hamon
    hamon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear you pal,

But the way the current campaign started, EP have to surely expect some blow back for the way the ran through people who were asleep.

I'm fully aware it's stupid to keep it up all the time. I'm being honest about what I hear. Like I've said though, next campaign should be better hopefully. People are starting to understand it all more.

The 2 stand out players I've encountered myself (this is personal opinion) on each faction are Dalglish on AD, and Golf on EP....I honestly don't know a single "stand out" player on DC. When [snip] got emperorship I remember seeing him standing in keeps, dancing......When [snip] got it, I remember asking him (after taking Bleakers) to re-take Ash with us. His response? "nah mate, me and my guy are point farming".....That's what we have topping our leaderboards. And having people like that in the spotlight at the top, doesn't set a great example to the rest of the faction really.

All that said, I'm not going anywhere. I see people with better builds, and factions that are performing better, as a challenge and a measuring block against my own progress and that of the guild I'm in :)

ye tbh the campaign has been utterly marred by transfers.

on AD you had [snip] running around perma stealth knowing full well he could blow up hordes of under geared under levelled players who had no way to remove his perma stealth without caltops etc. plus nobody had any clue what his prox det was doing cos nobody had got anywhere near AW 7 to unlock it and know what to avoid...

and [snip] on DC. met him a few times. again pretty well geared up with the engine gaurdian set and stuff. but he seemed more intent on just farming lowbies etc for big ap rather than do much for your faction. ( see the pattern)

and on EP it seems like we had a whole guild of transfers who boycotted the campaign cos whoever thier no-lifer supreme was refused to step asside once he got emperor to let the next few no lifers get a crack at emperor.. ( sort of understandable cos its kinda the done thing to let others get it , but still) to the point i heard folk say they still entered the campaign but done nothing except mess about.

now i myself was a transfer.. and ive got vet 14's on all alliances , so ive no axe to grind for any faction at all. i just think its a shame when what could have been a great server for ALL factions has been marred by the whole way its played out..

i levelled a new toon up for console just to level with some guys i used to play destiny with and help out. but its been sad to see all the transfers abusing their power and bringing all the lame farming tactics to console. i can honestly say it was a major mistake by zos to allow transfers to happen , it should have been a clean slate and let everyone have an equal chance at learning the game organically..

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Naming & Shaming]
    [Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_Alex on August 4, 2015 4:12PM
  • Silky_Shokz
    Silky_Shokz
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with that

But with them allowing the PC transfer to take place, people were always going to do it.

And I understand why, I would!

I've made it to V3, and held down a top 10 place until I recently took my foot off the gas and concetrated on the story and levelling/adapting my charecter as I learn more about the game. I'd say lvl 30 through to V1 was mainly via PvP...too much of a grind when your only able to get on when your not at work or with family, hence switching to the story mode until the end of the current campaign.

I'll still jump on every now and then, try & get a few more scroll runs under my belt :D but I'm pretty much done until the new campaign now personally. Let's see who makes the first push :p
  • smarr7
    smarr7
    Personally our alliance are a bunch of crying little babies, yeah dalglish is a one man wrecking machine, but he can die, just like the rest of us.

Soon as things stopped going our way EP all jump ship to a new server. So what if they are double teaming us? We dealt with it for at least 18days before it became an issue, and the issue came from people leaving to a new campaign.

Stop crying about what others are doing and stand up and fight!
  • Silky_Shokz
    Silky_Shokz
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly what I've said to DC players leaving!
  • Dalglish
    Dalglish
    ✭✭✭

see and thats what is going to ruin a very good thing in xbox 1 ESO.. everyone in EP knows thats whats been going on and will simply leave for another campaign. after all if your gonna be targetted by everyone else in the campaign might as well do it where it isnt 2 pop locks trying to ensure you lose.

3 faction pop locks won't be around next time , and thats cos of DC playing idiotic faction politics instead of just playing the game. the way they should look at it is both AD and EP are equally as bad and be hell bent on killing them both and trying to win. Not allowing AD to win cos its preferrable to an EP win.

finishing last as DC will now is finishing last, choosing who beats you most as some sort of preferance based on god knows what sort of faction prejudice is nothing more than idiocy. next time it,ll be AD versus DC in azura's. with a much reduced EP presence and thats much less fun than 3 pop locks for everyone involved.

but if you were EP would you join a 100 long queue to join a campaign where DC simply choose to make sure you lose rather than try to win themselves or would you just choose another campaign?

Answer to your question, yes, yes they would join it; for the fact it is a full campaign where there is action instead of a buff campaign.

AD nightcapped on Sunday night, and quite rightly got pushed back to Faregyl/Black Boot during the day because of it. EP should expect the same because they done it religiously for the first 15 days of the campaign.

You underestimate the amount of people that don't care for the results in the campaign, they just attack the faction that has annoyed them most, admittedly with the domination over the weekend AD were always going to be a target yesterday, maybe they will be until campaign end.

It will never ever be just AD vs DC, EP as a faction just has far too many players for that to happen, so don't start shouting false truths where you see fit.

The amount of times I have seen EP hitting Fare when they are losing Arrius and Blue Road is idiocy 101, all factions are guilty of it.

It's nightcaps that destroy servers, nothing else can be worse than that.
    Victrix EU - EP & AD -
    Xbox EU - DalglishUK
  • smarr7
    smarr7
    On that note I challenge any EP players to stay here in azuras star and take the campaign back on reset! Anyone wants to be a part of what I am trying to achieve, send me a message on Xbox (smarr7) and we can talk
  • Silky_Shokz
    Silky_Shokz
    ✭✭✭
    Dalglish wrote: »

The amount of times I have seen EP hitting Fare when they are losing Arrius and Blue Road is idiocy 101, all factions are guilty of it.

Agree 100% with both of these statements.
  • theWILHELM
    theWILHELM
    Soul Shriven
    Love this campaign! Thank you Silky_Shokz for enlightening me. I was always wondering what DC was up to while the never ending bridge battle between Arrius and Sajanus raged on. I also have to totally agree with my AD brethren, Dalglish, here that no matter what, this campaign will keep on. Theres just too many good battles going on and ultimately thats what people like.
  • hamon
    hamon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yes but there's zero you can do about nightcaps, the server is up 24/7 and theres always gonna be one faction has a stronger nightcrew. it was the same in GW2 where you had folk screaming for the servrs to be shut down when they went offline..

never gonna change. its how much fun you make it when everyones there. i mean now AD is in the lead , so much so they can't be caught.. but whats the map like?

AD and DC have 3 scrolls each and are both keeping the reds pegged back at arrius... and doing very little else.. whats that about? even after its all done and the AD has it won still DC feel they need to focus almost entirely on the reds along with AD

not sure i'd be up for an hour que to keep going into that.. but we,ll see after this resets. my prediction is masses of EP simply move on, which will make the server less fun. unless Dc and AD feel like a month of camping the EP gates while owning half the map each.. but thats not a proper 3 way campaign.

• hamon
    hamon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what makes that idiocy? if EP pushed down into AD territory by taking blue road , allessia , course they gonna push faregyl.. and yes what usually happens is the blues will pop up behind and attack arrius and cut off and blunt the attack... thus allowing AD to usually get back allesia and march right back up the map... thats 3 factions balancing each other out..

i'm cool with that .. but when this happens the entire night and in that time ash and roebeck are ghost keeps with never a seige coming at them . you begin to wonder if blues actually know that side of the map exists.

either way whats idiocy about that? i mean if you could log how often chalman and blue road change hands compared to ash and roebeck the results would be stunning. I would guess chalman and blue road change hands maybe 5 or 6 times more often ... and that tells you everything you need to know.

• Dalglish
    Dalglish
    ✭✭✭
    The reason that ash doesn't fall as much is because a few of our guys actually seem to check the map, the amount of times I see chalman just flash blue without any large battles is madness, both ad and ep are obsessed with Sejanus-to-bridge battles; it's the same on PC. Last night we had dc attacking both Faregyl and black boot while ep made a feeble attempt at getting their scroll back.

The blue Zerg at roebeck was undefendable as we couldn't even use counter siege. Agreed, nightcaps can't be and won't be stopped but what makes you think they should be forgiven the next day? Why should a faction that creeps in the night to take a massive lead not be punished?
    Victrix EU - EP & AD -
    Xbox EU - DalglishUK
  • Dalglish
    Dalglish
    ✭✭✭
    You also compared chalman and blue road to ash and roebeck, blue road and chalman are both ep home keeps while roebeck is ad and ash dc. The comparison is wrong.
    Victrix EU - EP & AD -
    Xbox EU - DalglishUK
  • Silky_Shokz
    Silky_Shokz
    ✭✭✭
    @hamon it's actually quite the opposite. I'm always fighting for Ash. I think I've been to Sejanus once this campaign. Rarely get to Blue Road & the same with Alessia.

As stated previously, personally I like to push down to Roe & across to Challman and hold there so we'd have the majority.

Your argument about Ash/Roe vs Challman/Blue Road seems a little odd to me. Unless DC & EP are fighting for Aleswell, and DC push back. It's rare we get much resistance at Bleakers & Challman. EP seem to be happy to give them up. Which suits me fine :D

AD on the other hand, do seem to keep tabs on the map and always put up a fight as far North as Ash.
  • Silky_Shokz
    Silky_Shokz
    ✭✭✭
    ad and ep are obsessed with Sejanus-to-bridge battles

I'd love a bridge on our side of the map! I can imagine those battles to be epic.

We just have to make do with the Ash/Nickle, and Bleakers/Challman, gate chokes :(