The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

R.I.P Sun Shield

Radburn
Radburn
✭✭✭
The initial nerf in 1.6 placed you on life support, and now ZOS has decided its time to pull the plug.

Absorbs 16% of player's health. That is with 15 points into bastion. With 22750 Health it absorbs 3640 damage. What else is there to say.
Edited by Radburn on July 29, 2015 12:46AM
  • kkravaritieb17_ESO
    kkravaritieb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes indeed how stupid can zos be? In order to nerf sorcs they destroyed templars only shield. GG ZoS gg. I ll just replace it with structured entropy this skill is not even worth using.
    Member of the glorious Zerg Squad
    Rip Banana Squad

Lheneth -- Sorc PvP Rank 31
    Ellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 50 (No Bleaker's roleplaying involved)
    Smellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 28
    and many other chars

• CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The frost staff now gives a 4%/8% damage shield based on max health with heavy attacks alone... Ouch.
    Edited by CP5 on July 29, 2015 12:53AM
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are surprised? Templars have been at the bottom of the barrel since launch; ZOS has no idea how to fix them.

Either that or, even more hilariously, ZOS actually thinks Templars are fine.

How bad is it? There's nothing in the patch notes about removing the Global Cool Down on the Templar charge either, lol.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Radburn
    Radburn
    ✭✭✭
    You are surprised? Templars have been at the bottom of the barrel since launch; ZOS has no idea how to fix them.

Either that or, even more hilariously, ZOS actually thinks Templars are fine.

How bad is it? There's nothing in the patch notes about removing the Global Cool Down on the Templar charge either, lol.

I tested the charge and it feels awkward. The animation completes before you hit the target, but the global cooldown is still there. After 1 solid year of promises to fix this ability I did not get my hopes up.

The worst part about Sun shield is even if they changed it to scale off your highest stat it still would only absorb a paltry 4500 at most. Its one of Templar's unique skills and it has been made utterly useless in PvP by this blanket change. Its going to require a complete overhaul of the skill/morphs if they want it to be competitive.
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i just posted this in the official templar Q.Q thread from 1.6 ;)
    imho, there will be so many subtle changes not directly included in the patchnotes.
    the "new essence rune" is rumored to be h/m/s on a single enchant.
    new sets are rumored to support hybrid builds.
    who knows if those hybrid builds will actually become viable.
    at least having a larger health pool with little cost to the primary stat would be a buff to health-sclaing shields again.
    bash builds might become strong, i don't know if the templar skills will do well with that.

imho nightblades and sorcs seem to come out very strong. however, they are so strong already, mostly because they can focus on their one damage stat and be very efficient that way. stam gives NBs the perma dodge + vigor/rally heal whereas all sorc sheilds scale off the magicka pool. sure, they also like more healther and more of the other stats. but if this is gonna be readily available, dk's and templars will prfit more (unless completely new builds develope).

I don't know the new sets, yet. maybe they'll help templars out a ton.

finally, while heal has been nerfed, big heals have been buffed. previously a templar that would go for 100pts in blessed, healer set and lots of light armor, would overheal all the time. there was so little incentive to push your absolute healing value. now there might be.

i think i cannot say at all how templar will work in 2.1. Further I don't think we'll fully know after the pts. I think it's gonna take at least 2 months until the new build archtypes for the four classes develope. I'm pretty sure that those builds form the future will eat anything we play now, taken to the new patch and scaled to v16, alive. everyone will have to adapt.

for starters, the buff to eclipse is nice - simply because it's a buff no matter how you see it.

let's wait what effect the tri enchants will have on sun shield. i can really see the non-blazing shield morph take over for the first time, though.
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • kkravaritieb17_ESO
    kkravaritieb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dont get your hopes up. RIP blazing shield RIP.
    Member of the glorious Zerg Squad
    Rip Banana Squad

Lheneth -- Sorc PvP Rank 31
    Ellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 50 (No Bleaker's roleplaying involved)
    Smellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 28
    and many other chars

• Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That thread is being sinked for about 2 weeks. Dont bother write there, no one will see.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • mertusta
    mertusta
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar is killed once again xD
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    A group-dependent meow class, that's what magicka templars were turned into after 1.6.

As I said, most templars don't care at all about their survivability issues thanks to their group, or they play vampire, or they take too many (!) defense skills in their bars, unproportionally many self defense skills-compared to other classes (dodge chance, special sets, 2-3 shields, etc., whilst a sorc can do very well with just one hardened ward and maybe BoL but two "defense skills" suffice for whem, while even the templar's heals s..k more and more.

Thank you ZOS for nothing!