The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

2.1 PTS patch notes -- Stamina sorcs taking it hard in all the wrong places.

• OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Green overload instead of blue ?

468px-GreenLantern-full_0_1.png
    Edited by OzJohnD on July 31, 2015 1:22AM
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

Options
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OzJohnD wrote: »
    Green overload instead of blue ?

468px-GreenLantern-full_0_1.png

5gb patch and a new zen employee right there ^_^
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
    Options
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to report but after testing for over 10 hours on PTS, Stamina Sorc in 1.7 is worse than it is now due to nothing that makes up for the severe nerf to stamina in general.

Dark Exchange no longer snares, but the resource return is much less than live. You only receive the tick after the animation cooldown so ~1.7 secs. Also the resource scaling give much less resources/sec than live.
    Edited by Dyride on August 2, 2015 2:02AM
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
      Options
    1. k2blader
      k2blader
      ✭✭✭✭✭

There's more going wrong with what's being done to the class than the fact there's limited viability for stamina builds.
      Disabling the grass may improve performance.
      Options
    2. arena25
      arena25
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Part of me wants to feel bad for stamina sorcerers then I remember that they're MAGIC users and the feeling passes.

Yeah, they're magic users. What you talking about, OP?
      If you can't handle the heat...stay out of the kitchen!
      Options
    3. Cathexis
      Cathexis
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      arena25 wrote: »
      Part of me wants to feel bad for stamina sorcerers then I remember that they're MAGIC users and the feeling passes.

Yeah, they're magic users. What you talking about, OP?

Please read all the threads in general, pts, PvP, and skills forums.

I'm not going to go through the arguments for you.

Tldr: there is a huge community of stamina a sorcs who want and agree on necessary changes, and all classes should be competitive whether they are stamina a or magicka based. Nightblades for example do not get pigeonholed into just stamina or magicka (or any other class for that matter), sorcerers shouldn't be either. To quote my favourite passage: screw balance and let's all circle jerk lore is NOT a valid practice.
      https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
      Praise Malacath.
      Options
    4. Cathexis
      Cathexis
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      k2blader wrote: »
      There's more going wrong with what's being done to the class than the fact there's limited viability for stamina builds.

I don't disagree, but when you punch all sorcs in the nuts, stamina sorcs feel it the hardest.
      Praise Malacath.
      Options
    5. k2blader
      k2blader
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Cathexis wrote: »
      k2blader wrote: »

I don't disagree, but when you punch all sorcs in the nuts, stamina sorcs feel it the hardest.

Ah that's true. When I rolled a sorc main for PvP, I expected and wanted to play (and still do) as a ranged magic damage dealer. I think that's what the class was designed for; so I'm upset why Zeni is going out of their way to make it a less fun/viable ranged magic damage class.

At this rate, I'm just getting tired of all the crying for sorc nerfs and Zeni obliging. I feel kinda inclined to play less, focus more on my NBs, and maybe just play in nonvet. If Zeni ever does makes changes so a sorc stamina setup would be as fun as my original concept of a magicka setup-- and people aren't crying nerf this, nerf that-- I'd be happy to try out a sorc stam build.
      Disabling the grass may improve performance.
      Options