Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Prisoner of Jathsogur

Ginger2Rocker
Ginger2Rocker
Soul Shriven
Ok first off I want to say that I want to complete the quest, not skip it and move on to Reaper's March or whatever.

So as many of you know this quest is near impossible to complete. I've reported the quest via the customer service menu in game. Since then I've emailed them back in reply to see if there was anything that could be done while we all wait for them to fix it.

First response was that they knew it was a problem for some players and they were looking into it. So I asked if there was a way to complete it before they patch it, and the second response was that we must allow the NPCs to travel downstairs or I could skip it and go to Reaper's March (which I do not wish to do). Third response was to come to the forums, which is why I am here now. Fourth response was to enter the room and log out and log back in. Tried that, didn't do anything, I returned to the room full of players.

I've also tried some advice from other players either via voice chat or from websites. One being everyone has to stand by the door and wait for her to walk down stairs. That is near impossible because there's always players who don't listen and agro her and she dies. Although there was one time were we did get everyone away from her and we waited a few mins and she just stood there and did nothing, and eventually someone ended up killing her. Another attempt was a group of us all joined a group and walked out to the tree, but that method didn't work either.

I've noticed there were two situations I found myself in. Either it says "Defend the Silvenar", which he is located downstairs floating, and says something along the lines of people not liking Bosmer or something. This situation the captor does spawn but everyone kills her. Another situation I've found myself in is the quest saying "Defeat the Silvenar's Captor". This situation, the Silvenar is not present in the room at all, not even down the stairs floating as said previously. She also doesn't spawn at all. I don't know if there is a difference between these two situations, but I thought it would be worth noting.

So yeah here I am, since Customer Service was unable to help me, and they told me to come here, I figured I'd take their advice and come to the forums. I'm new here so if there are like a million post just like mine, I apologize in advance.

So I'm either hoping that they make this quest completable for everyone when the captor dies, or they make it a solo area so the quest works out as it was intended. If there are any fool proof ways to complete it that I have missed, please share. But otherwise, it's pretty impossible with the amount of players that are in the room at all hours of the day.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest reading in the very long existing thread bout this. Everything that can be said is there.

Also, pls keep the forum clean. don't make posts bout something if there is an active recent post bout the same thing!
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Slipknotic
    Slipknotic
    Soul Shriven
    I feel your pain.

"Update 07/28: With the rollout of the latest incremental patch, Xbox One players should now be able to complete the quest "The Prisoner of Jathsogur." The latest incremental patch for the PlayStation 4 is currently scheduled for July 29, 2015."

From here: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30185?hootPostID=5be0297c93d9ffddc22b020d8885fb65
  • Adamsy
    Adamsy
    and since the patch is now live you should be able to complete the quest now
  • Flint1985
    Flint1985
    Nope still bugged, just loads of players (more than before the patch) gathered waiting for a single enemy to spawn and it never happens
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flint1985 wrote: »
    Nope still bugged, just loads of players (more than before the patch) gathered waiting for a single enemy to spawn and it never happens
    Quest isn't bugged because the enemy has been removed. When you enter the room, you'll see the Silvernar run downstairs. Follow him.

You'll have to wait moment, but 3 waves of enemies come in as he "heals" himself.

After that, the quest is over.

The other quest, which takes place at Silvernar (as if that's not confusing) can be tedious because there are quite a few players who are trying to kill Mindbenders (or something like that) who only spawn every few minutes. Instead of giving everyone a shot, people (especially VR ranks) spam kill them and they're required to kill in order to proceed.

My recommendation: just let it go for about a week or two, as the novelty wears off. That's what I intend to do. After completing the Prisoner, I got the Dominion Hero title.
    :)
  • Flint1985
    Flint1985
    I waited for over an hour and no enemies spawned after following him downstairs. Loads of players were there waiting downstairs
  • Ginger2Rocker
    Ginger2Rocker
    Soul Shriven
    yeah the quest has been fixed with the recent patches. problem solved, quest complete.

and unfortunately Violynne is right, Restore the Silvenar is having a very similar problem :/