The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Vampire Bug PS4 NA

jflow1b14_ESO
When using the active skill "Drain Essence" it will continually fail with the message "Target is Immune" even though you have used the ability on several other similar mobs before. I have died several times due to the fact I expect to get my HP back from a mob only to have to spam the button until it works...sometimes it does other times the target though a common humanoid HUMAN target is immune...Please fix or my characters whole survivability is ruined and the character is then unplayable and then your game turns into the give back to Gamestop pile.
  • chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭
    Its not a bug its you not understanding the game so say sorry.

Its a stun so if you stun the target before hand they cant be stunned for 6s like every stun in the game thats why noone uses it as theres better stun out there agine you should say sorry eso is well made you just didnt take time to read the text in the starting zone and learn how to play

Edited by chevalierknight on July 28, 2015 1:49AM
  • jflow1b14_ESO
    Its not a bug its you not understanding the game so say sorry.

Its a stun so if you stun the target before hand they cant be stunned for 6s like every stun in the game thats why noone uses it as theres better stun out there agine you should say sorry eso is well made you just didnt take time to read the text in the starting zone and learn how to play

Really weird because I don't normally use stuns...actually I don't have any stuns...being a sorcerer I use a familiar to tank and only use the essence drain once he dies and since he isn't morphed to unstable he doesn't stun when he dies...so next time think before you respond.

Ohhh and it will do it consistently even to mobs who get freshly pulled...so again you are wrong and should apologize for thinking I am some fresh noob who has never played an mmorpg
    Edited by jflow1b14_ESO on July 28, 2015 5:42AM
  • jflow1b14_ESO
    I also beta tested this game as well as lotr, rift, eq2, and final fantasy...this was the buggiest release yet, but ZO did hold up to Bethesda's trademark constant critical errors.
  • jflow1b14_ESO
    Wow 3 days and no response from the Devs...makes me hopeful for a fix.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Freshly pulled like DK pull? If your target has white swirls around its feet, it is CC immune and that can happen from stuns, pulls, knock backs and your drain. When they have cc immunity you cannot use it.
  • jflow1b14_ESO
    This is pure solo questing...

No swirls...not been drained before...used a light staff attack to pull so no effects on the mob as most of the time my staff's enchant is drained for questing.

In groups I make sure I have a tank like character with me so they can use their taunt debuff so I can sit back and dps yet I rarely use my drain in groups only if I get beat on for a second.

I don't use my drain as a stun though it may stun the target it only does so while you are draining...aka no use to use it for the stun...I use it for the health I get back by using it...yet without ever using it or any other cc the target will start giving me the message it is IMMUNE...

Spamming it 2-6 times will make it work sometimes.

I figured out that you can't cc a mob super often during the later stages of the beta. Same thing works in several mmo's now making for more thought out attacks, sad if only they added a aggro table the whole strategy would be solid now it's just a timed trained monkey act. That is not here or there though .

The issue is the fact it will bug out on fresh mobs freshly pulled SOLO with no cc done to them. Unless freshly pulled mobs come with a no cc when first pulled...that would explain it that every mob in the game is immune to cc when first pulled which would fit right along with all the other issues with this game.

Hurry up Division I need a solid mmorpg.