The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Issues with mouse and performance.

• Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Giro! :) That makes three Avast users having this issue (you, me, and my sister), and uninstalling (and/or reinstalling or installing a different virus scanner) was the solution.

I'm currently using Avast still -- I want to see if future updates will break ESO, then see if the same solution will work again -- but as long as you've got good protection I think anything is fine.

Hooray for a working ESO! :)
          In verity.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys! In order to help us troubleshoot the issue, we'd ask those that are experiencing this issue to answer the following questions:
    • The brand and name of the mouse you're using
    • Which OS you're currently running
    • If you're running 32bit or 63bit
    • The graphic quality you're using to run the game
    • Which video card you're using
    • The amount of RAM in your computer

Also , apparently , your virus protection software.

Just added it to the original post - thanks!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    Copied from related post in general help.

A friend msg'd last night on Skype that he couldn't log in, around 11 pm EST. I wasn't awake last night, but logged in just now to check, and my sticking has returned. Once Eiagra is awake, I'll have him check it. I hope a quick fiddle with Avast will fix it.
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eiagra here, Avast is still to blame. Uninstalling got rid of the loss of input hitching, reinstalling made it return.

Interestingly, it -seems- like it may also be causing the patch manifest error? Going to be switching to Panda on this rig, since it scored higher on an article I read last night, but am too groggy to remember where I saw it. Either way, dropping Avast for now.
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • tlainya_ESO
    tlainya_ESO
    ✭✭
    Add another Avast user here with the same problem. I tried tweaking avast, turning off the virtual machines setting improved the hitching but didn't fix it. I uninstalled avast and tried AVG instead which seems to have fixed the problem.
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this pattern keeps up, someone will need to notify the makers of Avast that their software is interfering with the game, and will need some kind of patch. I haven't logged in yet, but if I start running into the issue again I'll probably switch to Panda as well.
          In verity.
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not using Avast but having the same issue.
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which antivirus are you using, and which features of it do you have enabled? I'm wondering if certain aggressive file/memory checks are part of the problem.
          In verity.
  • GiRoSkItSoO
    well. just giving a heads up. 1 and a half week or so of using avg and the problem is still gone. i haven't seen a trace of it at all since i uninstalled avast.

My godson was also having this issue with other games as well, he does not play eso. but it was happening to him in DBZ uverse. I uninstalled his avast and the problem was gone as well.

If its happening to you with another antivirus software. you should uninstall whatever it is and see if the problem is gone. if so you should then try another one to see if that specific program was the problem. I have used avast for years with no issues. this seems like something that just recently happened and we are not at all sure what caused it, but with computers it could be anything.

In any case Ill keep checking this thread to see what is going on with others, but for me this problem is #Solved#
    Hassanchoppa of Nyc, v14 Orc NB "Retired craft bot"
    Giroskitsoo v14, high elf Sorc
    Giroskitsoo At'En Why Sea, v14 Redguard NB
  • danovic
    danovic
    ✭✭✭
    Installed windows 10 and it used the drivers that come with windows not the drivers with the mouse seemed to fix the problem for me game doesn't seem to like factory drivers. the Logitech driver program seemed to be causing it.
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eiagra wrote: »

Which antivirus are you using, and which features of it do you have enabled? I'm wondering if certain aggressive file/memory checks are part of the problem.

I'm using Avira Antivir.
    To me it seems that the issue gets worse in PvP, it's not that often in PvE.
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Moonshadow66 - Hmm, I'm not too familiar with that app, but looking it up online I see that it offers cloud-based heuristics as one of its features. I wonder if it's checking ESO files too aggressively? Maybe throwing files to the cloud too often while it's loading all the player assets during PvP?

A few things you could try as an experiment to help narrow things down:

Prep: Find an area where you can reliably reproduce the issue. This'll be your test bed.
    1.) Turn video graphics "Preset" settings all the way to minimum. Does the issue resolve? Bump settings up one level at a time until the issue returns (you'll be reloading the UI a lot here, so be patient and let it finish loading -- it can take a few minutes). What Preset does the issue return on? (for my sister, it was Medium and higher.)
    2.) Download your antivirus installer (just to have it ready). Uninstall it, then see if the issue resolves in ESO. If so, reinstall the antivirus and see if the issue returns in ESO. (Reinstalling can sometimes act as a temporary, if not permanent, fix.)
    - 2a.) If the issue occurs reliably when antivirus is running: See if adding an exception/exclusion to ESO's game folder resolves the issue (it might not -- it didn't for me).
    - 2b.) See if there's a setting in your antivirus options that may be too aggressive -- disable Hardened Mode, Sandboxing/Virtual Engine, Cloud Heuristics, turn down heuristics level, or similar options.
    - 2c.) If all else fails, and it seems like your AV app just refuses to play nice with ESO, switch anti-virus apps and see if that resolves the issue. (If it doesn't, the issue may be related to core system resources available -- which may require hardware upgrades -- or may be unrelated to this particular issue/solution combo.)

The hardest parts are going to be finding a reliable test bed, and finding an antivirus app you're comfortable switching to if worst comes to worst. The reliable test bed is crucial, especially if the issue temporarily resolves on reboot (as was the case with me).

I think it took me the better part of 3-4 weeks to finally come across a resolution to this issue. There was a lot of frustrated troubleshooting during that time, so all I can say is to be patient and persevere.
          In verity.
  • Rantie
    Rantie
    Soul Shriven
    I have had this issue for some time now and have tried many many fixes (updating drivers, trying different hardware, updating OS, uninstalling/installing software, changing graphics settings, etc). I have had no success at all in my endeavors. While playing ESO I uninstalled Avast (disabling active shields did nothing), I switched back to ESO and boom problem is 100% gone. Afterwards I reinstalled Avast and the problem came back instantly. I have started using AVG antivirus instead and the problem has not returned since.
    Edited by Rantie on August 23, 2015 10:06AM
  • Jaggannath
    Jaggannath
    ✭✭
    Last night before the ISP outage I removed my Avast and replaced it with AVG and sure enough, as much as I hate to say it, it seems that Avast is the culprit or at least one of them - as I had 3 good hours of unbuggy gameplay after doing so.
    “and so will the world end, I think, a victim of love rather than hate. For love's ever been the more destructive weapon, sure.”
    ― Stephen King, The Dark Tower

Visit the LOOTS R US Guild Trader in Balkarth, Craglorn today! Excellent selection of VR14 gear and premium goods for sale! Largest selection of rare PvP gear!
  • teabelly
    teabelly
    ✭✭✭
    I also updated AVAST FREE ANTI VIRUS to Program version 10.3.2225 & i am happy to report that i no longer have the Mouse/move/stutter problem.

Really glad as i love my CMstorm Spawn mouse & very happy that i don't have to replace it.

thanks for the tips folks :)
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only way I can reproduce this problem is by running ESO with a priority higher than the default one.
  • Wompoo
    Wompoo

The brand and name of the mouse you're using............ Razor Naga
    Which OS you're currently running................ Windows 10
    If you're running 32bit or 63bit............. 64 bit
    The graphic quality you're using to run the game............. both full screen windowed and full screen optimum settings
    Which video card you're using............... Geforce GTX 970
    The amount of RAM in your computer.......... 16 gig
    Are you using an anti-virus program, and have you tried turning it off? does it both on and off Nortons Internet security