The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Issues with mouse and performance.

GiRoSkItSoO
Aside from the general performance issues I have with eso, lately i have been experiencing trouble with my mouse while playing eso.

What happens exactly is, while playing my mouse will appear to stop working momentarily. when this happens it is usually in a high intensity situation like mass pvp or aoe grinding. but it has happens in low intensity situations where theirs not many people around as well. I thought the problem was my mouse itself cause it was a cheap one. but after getting a better brand new one I am still experiencing the same thing.

I believe that the problem is with the mouse because i have tried to just not use the mouse at all in the same situations and there seems to be no problem. But once im using the mouse to look around and aim and stuff like that it starts happening. when it happens its extremely frustrating as i usually just start walking off in whatever direction i was headed with no control over myself for a second. the problem is also sometimes accompanied by a beeping noise when it happens really bad. this only happens in cyrodill when there are lots of players fighting from different alliances.

Its been really bad since last mondays patch and honestly its been driving me crazy as i play =/

im attaching a DXdiag from toaday as well. any assistance would be appriciated.
Hassanchoppa of Nyc, v14 Orc NB "Retired craft bot"
Giroskitsoo v14, high elf Sorc
Giroskitsoo At'En Why Sea, v14 Redguard NB
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My sister and I, as well as a friend, are experiencing a similar issue.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/198860/unusual-control-lag-latency-camera-fails-to-rotate-movement-sticks-etc-na-server

Keep a log of things you've tried to resolve it, and whether anything has temporarily fixed it (whether for that game session, that computing session, that day, that hour and then it got worse, whatever) or permanently fixed it. Not enough people are putting troubleshooting information in a forum post where people can search and Google an answer to try, even if that answer is "wait for the devteam to patch it."
          In verity.
    Options
  • danovic
    danovic
    ✭✭✭
    Was having the same type of problems. Updated drivers and now 2 buttons will not function at all in ESO. Asked for help with ticket but that was totally useless as ESO appears to not even have customers service other then cut and paste responses saying that obviously its your problem try all this useless stuff to fix it. When it is actually something they did in there patchs.
    Edited by danovic on July 31, 2015 5:07PM
    Options
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting a similar run around. Trying to be patient, but it's becoming exhausting. I was hoping they would patch this past Monday and I could see if maybe, perchance, it would be resolved after. Nope. Maybe next Monday.

Did your issue ever get resolved, or are you still suffering the control issues?
          In verity.
    Options
  • GiRoSkItSoO
    i thought it may be my keyboard.. got a new one.. same s***. makes the game nearly unplayable.. couldnt happen at worse times.. happens in pve as well. its unfortunate and very frustrating. was happening on the pts as well so im not thinking that the problem will go away with the new patch in aug. I dont know what they did to make the problem worse.. it used to happen every now and then only in really intense pvp, where honestly this prob is only one of many many issues that occur during "massive epic battles". But this problem combined with the lag, makes a game that should be extremely enjoyable make me want to pull my hair out and quit the game.

Tried every setting combination possible to try and alleviate the problem somewhat, had no noticeable effect on the problem. honestly i dont think its my computer or settings, its something in the game. its a pretty big issue and ive been hearing more and more people mention having the problem in zone chat in cyrodil. so.. i hope the take notice and try and do something about it cause its a game breaker for anyone experiencing it.
    Options
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you check for me and see if autorun + mouse for movement causes the issue to not occur? I'd like to see whether this is a consistent fix across multiple users outside of myself and my sister's computers.

Also, could you check to see whether lowering your graphic settting to "Low" or "Minimum" (NOT Medium or higher) also causes the issue to go away (using keyboard + mouse)?

So far, those are the only two consistent discoveries between myself and my sister.

I've had my ticket escalated, and I'll direct them to this and my original post so they can get some more information and see that it's not an isolated issue.
          In verity.
    Options
  • GiRoSkItSoO
    Ive tried every setting combination possible from minimum everything to ultra.. it still happens. it seems to always occur if im sprinting. auto run doesn't seem to effect it at all. and it happens pretty much all the time even in low latency situations with very few players around. in situations where there is a lot of players, 50 + on both sides it happens worse and is accompanied by this beeping sound. im going to make a video of it occuring along with the beeping sound. im sure i could capture it, it happens all the time.
    Options
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you capture a video, please link the URL. I'd like to observe it, maybe show it to whoever's helping me with my current ticket. If you haven't already, you may want to submit a ticket as well. You may need to have it escalated up a support tier.

The fact autorun doesn't trigger it seems key. So far, that is the one thing that is 100% consistent across everyone I've seen that has this issue, but I'm still trying to get more data to confirm that. The beeping may be your hardware freaking out at too many incoming inputs at once (kind of like if you leave a button pressed while your computer boots up -- I'm not sure about newer BIOSes, but older computers would beep like hell and complain about a stuck key during POST).
          In verity.
    Options
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having these mouse-not-working issue as well lately, first it was only my Templars cannot use skills, and now the mouse doesn't work in certain situations either.
    Two days ago I started with PvP (to test my newer OS how it works in Cyrodiil now), and ever since, the mouse just stops working during combat. I couldn't even set the cursor in the chat anymore to type, but also not looking around or use skills. The only thing I could click on was the logout button; fortunately, I wasn't kicked from the group until I logged back in. But, since I could click that button, it's not a mouse issue.

It's odd how many of the issues posted in the Technical Support forum I experience, too, since I upgraded my OS to Win7 64bit. Never had these on WinXP. Blackscreens, mouse not working, launcher gets stuck, etc etc... The only thing that is better now is that the game looks better and doesn't crash anymore.
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys! In order to help us troubleshoot the issue, we'd ask those that are experiencing this issue to answer the following questions:
    • The brand and name of the mouse you're using
    • Which OS you're currently running
    • If you're running 32bit or 63bit
    • The graphic quality you're using to run the game
    • Which video card you're using
    • The amount of RAM in your computer
    • Are you using an anti-virus program, and have you tried turning it off?

Edit: Added one additional question at the end.
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on August 11, 2015 7:19PM
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey guys! In order to help us troubleshoot the issue, we'd ask those that are experiencing this issue to answer the following questions:

I've been having this problem on Live server VERY frequently in PVP and only once every hour or so on PTS in IC. It started just like a week ago or around there.

- Perdition Redragon

-win7

-64bit

-ultra everything

-ZOTAC ZT-90202-10P GeForce GTX 980 AMP! Omega G-SYNC Support 4GB 256-Bit DDR5 HDCP Ready Video Card

-8 GB
    Edited by Erock25 on August 4, 2015 4:00AM
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
    Options
  • sbowling_ESO

Razer Naga Molten
    Windows 7 Pro
    64bit
    Ultra
    MSI Nvidia gtx670
    64 GB

Just started happening today after playing the game for about a week. I bought the game for my nephew yesterday and he had the same problem. I think he has already given up on the game because of the problem, so there's $60 out the window.
    Edited by sbowling_ESO on August 4, 2015 5:00AM
    Options
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- just a cheap 3-button/wheel mouse you can buy for a few bucks (nothing special)
    - Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
    - medium graphic quality
    - Nvidia GTX 460
    - 4 GB RAM

This issue started a few days ago on my end.

However, this issue never happened under Windows XP 32 bit, with the same mouse, the same graphics card, the same graphic quality settings, and with 3,25 GB RAM.

Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

Options
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Trust Gxt 25
    Win 7
    64bit
    Medium
    GeForce GT640
    8 gb
    Options
  • danovic
    danovic
    ✭✭✭
    logitech m570
    win 7 profesional
    64 bit
    high default what you program set it at.
    radeon r9 270x
    8gb
    Options
  • GiRoSkItSoO
    inland 07244 gaming mouse

win 7 ult 64 bit

anywhere from med/low to high/ultra ( same on all )

msi GeForce GTX 750 Ti

8gb ram
    Options
  • Wily_Wizard
    Wily_Wizard
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having the same problems. On at least 1 of the problems I don't think it's the mouse, it seems to be related to a server side event completion delay. The FTC addon helped to visualize this.

For example, just before exiting a cave, I killed a mob, then ran 30 meters to the exit door. Initially it seemed like my mouse wasn't working because I couldn't click on the door. A few seconds later I got the message that I (finally) exited combat, then I was able to click on the door normally. I noticed this "delayed" behavior didn't happen every time, just occasionally.

I cant help but think that other similar (unseen) event delays may also be responsible for not being able to execute a skill, or some of the other issues we are seeing.

Options
  • GiRoSkItSoO
    youtu.be/Y022eJNwS3k

here is a video of the problem in full swing. in this video i am running around wayrest. my ping is pretty normal around 120-140 and my fps is avg of 25. you can see on the video i am consistantly running and looking around while i run. pretty much every pause is the mouse stopping not me. there are 2 places in the video where you hear the beeping noise that accurs while this bug happens, and you can also see that it bugges out the video as well a few times. at the end is the best example. you can see me running sideways, the mouse locks up and the beeping goes wild.
    Options
  • Calorath
    Calorath
    ✭✭
    I have been having this since before the patch Monday. I will be playing and all is good. The assume I am running. I move the mouse to look around and nothing happens. If I release the running key(s), the view snaps to where it should be and I am teleported to where I should be. It is like the server sees my mouse movements but my client does not.

System:
    Core i7 2.80GHz (I forget the number)
    8GB DDR3
    1TB Seagate HDD
    nVidia Quadro NVS4200M 1GB dedicated
    V7 USB mouse, nothing special
    System is a Dell Latitude E6420
    Options
  • Calorath
    Calorath
    ✭✭
    I forgot, I run Windows 7 Professional, 64bit. I run on medium quality.
    Options
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've uploaded a video as well to help demonstrate the issue, as well as how to identify it.

https://youtu.be/KB9mHaHLKbs
          In verity.
    Options
  • GiRoSkItSoO
    So yesterday after i made that video and posted it, I got so fed up I decided i should try a 100% clean install. so i uninstalled all versions of eso( for me that was the NA, EU and the NA pts ), than i deleted my elder scrolls online folder from my documents and checked to make sure the zenimax folder and all contents from the Program files x86 were also gone. than proceeded to the website to get the installer and re downloaded the game like it was the 1st time download and install.

It seems like some of the setting must be kept server side cause i didnt have to redo my keybinds or most of my other game settings. but this process seemed to fix the problem (crosses fingers)

Last night i was able to play a full session without having the loss of control issue once. I also noticed several gameplay issues that i normaly experience were not there as well. even in high intesnsity pvp with many players on screen i was able to move and aim with no problem. i tried it 1st with no addons installed at all. than i installed and turned on each addon i was using one by one and went out to fight a bit b4 i loaded the next. with all my addons runnning i still didnt notice this problem at all.

I am about to play now and i will let you guys know if the problem returns or if it is still "fixed"
    Options
  • GiRoSkItSoO
    well, scratch that. started playing today and problem was in full swing. sigh. one thing to note though. taking off camera smoothing seemed to help the problem a lot, but it is still there. i mean, dam is it a lot to ask to be able to look around in an mmo =/

Double sigh...
    Options
  • Emissary_Vex
    Emissary_Vex
    ✭✭
    • Logitech Wireless Trackball M570
    • Windows 10
    • 64 bit
    • Max everything
    • Nvidia GTX 960 4GB
    • 16 GB ram

Options
  • Fissh
    Fissh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eiagra wrote: »
    I've uploaded a video as well to help demonstrate the issue, as well as how to identify it.

https://youtu.be/KB9mHaHLKbs

This! To add: during these "hitches" if you press an ability...nothing. Sometimes, I do a say....light attack, and one of two things happen; it goes off but I see no animation, or I see an animation but it doesn't go off.

Win7 Home 64bit.
    Razor Naga Hex
    TT gaming keyboard
    AMD FX9670 4.7ghz
    Crossfire R290X
    ASUS Crossfire Z
    16gb 1600mhz RAM
    Ultra settings 1920x1280

I have heard of people having trouble with the latest Synapse update (Razor software), but those problems have different effects such as not being able to weapon swap, not "hitching".
    My latency is around 80-120 and FPS holds at 60 in unpopulated areas, but still get the problems.
    <X-Raided>
    Options
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Support suggested I uninstall my virus scanner (Avast) entirely and test again -- obviously not a permanent solution, but intended for testing only since a PC should not go unprotected.

On my sister's computer, so far, uninstalling and reinstalling Avast seems to have done the trick SO FAR. Two important notes:
    1.) We need a longer test duration to ensure the problem is solved for her. At least 4 days, if not a week or more.
    2.) When installing Avast, do a CUSTOM INSTALLATION and REMOVE the bloat. In her case, I only installed shields, browser protection, browser cleanup, home network security, and secure virtual machines.

On my computer, the solution was hit-and-miss. I ran into a hitch after a reinstall, but no further hitches after a second uninstall/reinstall cycle (on the second cycle, I removed Secure Virtual Machines from Avast).

Could we get some data from those suffering this issue on whether they are running Avast, or what antivirus they are running if they aren't? Also, could you try uninstalling your anti-virus, testing ESO, then reinstalling your anti-virus and testing ESO again, posting the results of each test? Consider a full and/or boot-time virus/malware scan to ensure your computer is clean before uninstalling, just to be safe.

You may also wish to document what features of your anti-virus you installed, if it has a list of options, so we can compare notes across varying machines.
          In verity.
    Options
  • GiRoSkItSoO
    i am running avast actually... my comp is clean though.. i just recently did a malwarebytes full scan and it was the 1st ive done in about 4 months and came up with 0 infections. i will definatly try to uninstall avast and see if the prob is gone though.
    if thats the case i think ill just change my virus software.. ill see if disabling it has any effects b4 install though.
    Options
  • lifefrombelowb14_ESO

Razer Naga 2014
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit (it did this in Windows 8.1 too)
    GTX 660
    8 GB RAM

My game also like to randomly rotate the camera to a fixed direction.
    Options
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried disabling shields to no effect. Only a full uninstall (and later reinstall) worked for me. I figured disabling the shields would've been an indicator, but nope. I keep a clean PC as well, so I hated the feeling of being without protection for even that sort a span. Worth it to find out the possible-maybe culprit though. Reboot between steps, and let us know what the test results were for you -- if the problem goes away with Avast uninstalled, then we've got two fingers pointing at something wrong there. Hopefully the problem stays away after reinstalling it, if that turns out to be the case...
          In verity.
    Options
  • GiRoSkItSoO
    K, so I uninstalled avast and the prob was gone, completely. I have been a long time avast user, over 5 years, but this is a dealbreaker for me. I installed AVG and had no trouble. I would just uninstall avast for anyone having this problem. AVG is also a fine virus protection program, and the loss of control issue doesn't seem to happen at all since i installed it. Ill keep you guys posted if the issue occurs again while using AVG.
    Options
  • GiRoSkItSoO

Also , apparently , your virus protection software.

Options