Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dragonknight rank build help

kamikaze590
Hey guys I'm trying to make a tank with my dragonknight, here are my skills
Ultimate:standard of might 2
1st ability:Immovable 1
2nd ability:wrecking blow IV
3rd ability:critical rush IV
4th ability:coagulating blood IV
5th ability:forward momentum IV
Any skills that you guys suggest that I should remove some skills to replace them with better skills? Oh and by the way I use a 2 handed greatsword and I use stamina a lot. Thanks!
  • Reznique
    Reznique
    ✭✭✭✭
    You do REALLY want to use 1H & Shield if you are tanking :wink:
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    OLIVI3R wrote: »
    You do REALLY want to use 1H & Shield if you are tanking :wink:

Agreed as your main, you also need fiery grip

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • Sandshark95
    Sandshark95
    ✭✭✭
    I have a DK Tank myself, though I'm more invested in magicka.

As previous posters mentioned, yes, you do want to pick up 1h/Shield as your primary. 2h is geared more towards DPS, which is perfectly fine for when you're soloing or any instance where you don't need to block much. I noticed you chose the Forward Momentum morph over Rally; I'd highly recommend you respec and reconsider Rally. The immunity to snares that the Forward morph offers just isn't as appealing as the extra survivability Rally provides, especially for a Tank.

Now, for 1h/Shield, the first skill in the tree, Puncture, is an amazing stamina taunt that also debuffs enemy armor. This will likely be your main taunt. Either morph of Puncture is fine, but I personally prefer Pierce Armor for the added spell debuff. The next ability in the tree, Low Slash, is a good debuff and its best morph, Heroic Slash, also generates Ultimate. Low Slash isn't a must on your bar, but it's something to consider and try out. The next ability, Defensive Posture, has a nice morph, Absorb Magic, and the ability itself also passively increases how much you can block and decreases blocking cost. You might want that one on your bar. You'll definitely want all the passives in the 1h/Shield tree.

As for your DK abilities, Fiery Grip (Morph to Extended Chains) is a good single-target pull. Fiery Breath (Morph to Burning Breath) reduces enemy armor, but only use this if (for some reason) you don't have Puncture (1h/Shield skill) on your bar because the effects won't stack. Dark Talons (Morph to Choking Talons) is a great CC that immobilizes and (with morph) debuffs enemies. Talons also has a great synergy for when you're in a group. Ash Cloud (Morph to Cinder Storm) is a good AoE that snares enemies. For your build, I'd strongly advise morphing Dragon Blood into Green Dragon Blood over Coagulated. Green gives you stamina, which allows you to block more and take less damage. If you need more damage mitigation, then pick up Obsidian Shield (Morph to Igneous Shield).

For your ultimate, Dragon Leap is a nice cheap option and its better morph, Ferocious Leap, provides you a damage shield. Magma Armor (either morph) and Dragonknight Standard (morph to Standard of Might) are other possible ultimates to consider.

Here's a few links for more info on builds:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/166731/pve-build-dragonknight-tank-up-to-200-cp#latest

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/2-0-tank-the-blockade/

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/85548/dragonknight-tanking-guide-heavy-amor-1h-shield

Hope that helps