The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[PvE Build] Dragonknight Tank (Homestead)

Anlaemar
Anlaemar
✭✭✭
Hello and welcome to my Dragonknight Tank guide!

My last update was back in September 2015. Once the changes to stamina regeneration took hold, I wasn't able to get into tanking. What can I say? After tanking a certain way, it was hard for me to adjust. I have been maining DPS on a Mageblade and have loved it ever since. However, I have picked up on tanking here and there and have adjusted my gear. My "style" hasn't changed.

That being said, this build is designed for Veteran Dungeons and maybe Normal Trails. I'd recommend changes to the build if you were to tank Veteran Trials. This guide isn't so much about what you need to wear and slot, but more about what you DO as a tank.

The "Why" To My Build

I've played just about a thousand hours on my Dragonknight alone. Role? Tanking. Dragonknights have undoubtedly the best kit for straight up tanking. My build isn't designed for DPS, but to tank. To control the battlefield. Tanking Veteran Dungeons is fairly simple. With a decent tank, it's possible to fly through them. To do that, I have a lot of magicka and magicka regeneration. I have a decent health pool and resistances so I can do my job and tank.

At A Glance

Race: Dunmer
Nords > Imperial for Veteran Trials.

Boon: The Atronach

Attributes: Varies
I put about 15-20 points in health (enough for 28-30k health), few into stamina (about 18k stamina) and rest into magicka.

Armor: 5/1/1
5 heavy, 1 light, 1 medium for undaunted passives.

Vampire, Werewolf, or none? Vampire
I choose Vampire for undeath and extra recovery. Feed before certain dungeons/trials.

MyBuild Image Coming Soon

Champion Points
Coming Soon

Gear

My Current Gear
  • Seducers [5] - Hist Bark gives dodge chance while blocking, saving you stamina. I use this for Trials and other harder content. For Pledges, I use seducer. (note that both weapon swaps are sword and shield)
    - Chest (heavy, infused, health)
    - Legs (heavy, infused, health)
    - Hands (medium, sturdy or divines, health)
    - Belt (light, sturdy or divines, health)
    - Feet (heavy, infused, health)
  • Bahraha's Curse or Alkosh [5] - Bahraha's easy to buy, Alosh from nMoL.
    - Jewelry (Bahraha arcane, Alkosh robust)
    - Shield (infused or sturdy)
    - 1H (sword, axe, w/e) (infused or sturdy)
  • Head and Paudron Set - I'm still using Blood Spawn (both heavy, infused). The ultimate gain is just too good to pass up.

Images of items to be updated.

Bar Setups

Before I go to what I use for what, here's some pointers for those wanting to experiment on your bars. What is ABSOLUTELY NEEDED you may or may not ask.
  1. For starters, tanks need their taunts. Both of them. Drop one and you'll be sorry later on. Sometimes I have them both on one bar, other times on separate bars.
  2. ANY skill from the Earthen Heart skill line. Doesn't matter which. You want at least one of those because of the skill line's passives. Read up on Mountain's Blessings and Helping Hands (last two) if you aren't following that one. Fact, if you don't know them, read them all. Those passives are beast.
  3. Your self heal. Dragon's Blood (any morph) is crucial.
  4. Defensive Posture (morphs) gives great damage mitigation and is pretty much required to be on the bar you'll be taking the most beating on.

Current Bar Setup

This was (and still is) my "Cookie Cutter". This is for straight up tanking. Damage mitigation, crowd control, debuffs, everything a tank needs.

Bar 1: Lock n' Block
Pierce Armor - Your main taunt. Taunts and debuffs the target. This is a must for a tank.
Heroic Slash - Single target damage debuff as well as ultimate generation.
Hardened Armor - Self armor and spell resistance buff with a little damage shield on activation.
Igneous Shield - I use this as a magicka dump when I need stamina.
Defensive Stance/Absorb Magic - Damage mitigation for just being on your bar.
[ULT] Magma Shell - Your "Oh ***" button, essentially. Could also be used to give back some resources.

Bar 2: Multiple Targets and Utility
Inner Fire - Your ranged taunt, magicka based. For when you can't reach what you need to taunt or in those rare situations, you don't have stamina.
Cinder Storm -I've come to love this. Great CC, party damage buff, and restores some stamina due to passives.
Choking Talons - Hard CC and damage debuff.
Extended Chains - Chains... this is the best utility. Use this for grouping or event to pull yourself back to the boss.
Defensive Stance/Absorb Magic - Damage mitigation for just being on your bar.
[ULT] Aggressive Warhorn - Awesome buff for your DPS.

Tanks don't really have a rotation to follow like a DPS. We do have prioritys and ways of pulling trash packs, though.

Trash packs:
Cinder Storm > Choking Talons > Chain > Chain > Choking Talons.....

Okay, see? That looks dumb. Let's just break it down. Typically as I'm walking into a trash pack, prebuff Hardened Armor and Igneous Shields, then I place down Cinder Storm to aggro them to me (so they don't run off to other party members). I throw down Choking Talons to keep them in place. I look around to see if there's any ranged or melee units that aren't within the DPS AOE range and chain them in while throwing out more Choking Talons here and there to keep everyone else in place. If there's a big baddy that you know will mess up your DPS/Heals, bar swap and taunt them. They take priority over chains.

Will a good group of DPS. These trash pulls only take about 10 seconds. You might be able to throw a couple of Talons out.

Boss fights:
Prebuff Hardened Armor and Igneous Shields > Taunt > Heroic Slash

Not much to it, TBH. Throw out your War Horn when it's up. Do some LA to keep ulti going. Handle mechanics. DON'T DIE.

Tanking Tips at a Glance
  1. Gear and build to stay alive.
  2. Taunt! Prioritize targets.
  3. Hit those synergies!
  4. Use CC and Chains to group adds.
  5. Use addons like FTC to track taunts/buffs/debuffs.
  6. Pay attention to the whole fight, not just a portion.

Tanking Strategy
For all trash pulls I tend to use the same rotations. Running into the adds, I pop Cinder Storm/Caltrops on the ground where it could hit the most mobs as possible to get aggro. Obviously, the mobs you hit will run at you instead of a random group member. This starts getting all into a nice little group. Still running into the mob, I range taunt one or two that didn't get aggroed and start pulling in others using chains. I use Choking Talons/Pierce Armor/Unstable Flames/Vigor throughout the pull. If DPS isn't the best or just slow, I try to use my ult every time I can.

Note on trash pulls:
  • Prioritize targets. There's usually one or two in a group that can do some serious damage to your party if left unchecked. They're also the ones that are last alive a good portion of the time.
  • Don't perma block. Unless you have 30k+ health and have 20-30k+ DPS in your group, this will eat your stamina regardless of gear/regen/stam pool. Only block if a) you're in trouble or b) for those heavy/special attacks. My setup has enough mitigation to keep you alive. Besides, your healer is already healing the group to keep DPS alive (or should be). Honestly I can still block for the most part using ults, synergy, and good healers.

Boss fights are somewhat more involved depending on what you're doing. Start off with a taunt to grab the boss and keep that taunt up. I recommend using a buff tracker to watch when you need to retaunt (I use FTC, Strendarr is also good). With the release of 2.1.4, there overtaunting is no longer an issue unless another player uses a taunt. I tend to weave Pierce Armor AND heavy attacks (keeps my stamina up if I need it). This coupled great with a Master's Sword if you have one. Others skills I try to keep up or Heroic Slash for a debuff/ultimate regen and Vigor (self/group HOT). If I have the stamina for it, I might throw down Caltrops if no one else in the group is using it. It's all pretty straight forward. Keep the boss on you and not die.
Synergies
Lets talk synergies. I felt this needed it's own section. Another thing to note while you're in any combat situation is to use the synergies! Just watch for it above your health bar, all you have to do is press X. If you have the undaunted passive Undaunted Command unlocked and invested in, using a synergy will give you back a percentage of health, stamina, magicka. That's just the start. Synergies in general are amazing to use. For example if you have a Templar healer in your group, they can use Luminous Shards (Spear Shards morph) right on top of you, the tank. It'll give the option of a synergy which restores around 25% stamina and more over a period of 10 seconds. Stack that with the Undaunted Command passive for more being restored, and if you have the Synergizer perk (Tower tree, mentioned above in champion points) you then get some ultimate out of it. See how using synergies can effect so much? Use them!
Conclusion!

Great tanks make dungeons go back so much better. I encourage everyone to try it out and don't let it deter you if you're not good right out of the gates. Sometimes it takes practice, while others are just good at it. And just because I do something one way doesn't mean it can't be done another. This game is about freedom (any hate?) and isn't about min/max. The other classes can make excellent tanks as well, but with their own, unique style. And also note, I don't think I'm the perfect tank or this is the go to build, but these are my thoughts about a role I've come to enjoy, within a game I love.
2.0 Tanking Videos
Veteran Banished Cells (different bar setups AND stage 4 vamp (pro that way))
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWQ4yyK41Y4

Veteran Spindleclutch
https://youtu.be/400MUFNISmo

Veteran Elden Hollow
https://youtu.be/_55gzEnPggA

-Change Log-

04/15/17
-Somewhat updated guide

09/10/15
- Added video tanking Normal Imperial Prison
- Separated old tanking videos from new

09/07/15
- Changed images on bar setups for Basic (now Basic Tank) and My Setup (now Tank w/ DPS) and edited information within
-
09/06/15
- New paragraph added to CP section, theorycrafting
- Added Thoughts on Gear 2.1.4
- Rewrote tanking tips

09/04/15
- Added The "Why" To My Build at the beginning of the guide and when in alittle more depth in the section

09/03/15
- Reformatted guide to make it more condensed
- Readded Seducers to My Gear
- Updated Bar Setups and Images within
- Edited introduction

09/01/15
- Added bullet to "requirements" to bar setups as well as changed a couple morphs in the cookie cutter
- Adjusted Chamption Points further as well as formatting
- Edited first section "At A Glance" to reflect new changes for 2.1
- Edited message at the top of the post as well as the guide introduction

08/29/15
- Adjusted Champion Points in the Mage and Warrior in preparation for 2.1
- Edited armor setup: replaced infused traits to reinforced and to all heavy (no medium/light)
- Removed the mention of using Seducers. Pure Tank FTW
- Added ultimates to the cookie cutter breakdown under Bar Setups. Why I didn't notice that before is beyond me
- Spelled undaunted wrong under Synergies

08/14/15
- Added video of Veteran Banished Cells and also a much needed change log

07/10/15
- Added video of Veteran Spindle Clutch

07/07/15
- Added first video of Veteran Elden Hollow. Was testing a new build and isn't the best run IMO, but hey. FIRST VIDEO!
Edited by Anlaemar on April 15, 2017 1:51PM
(NA) Anlaemar with 750+ Champion Points
Member Since April 15, 2014
(EP)Alrik Vadason - Nord Dragonknight
Tank
(EP)Matdasi Hlarrobar - Breton Mageblade
Formerly known as Ra'dar Ahdhari - Main DPS 40k Self Buffed
(EP)Marrec Vadason - Breton Templar Healer
(EP)Nameless - Altmer Sorcerer - Secondary DPS
- The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason -
  • M1R11
    M1R11
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for this :smiley:

I'll have a look at it when my tank is abit higher, have been using bow on 2nd bar for questing etc. When I get the undaunted taunt and am running a bunch of dungeons in a row I'll try that skill build!
    Edited by M1R11 on April 27, 2015 3:52AM
  • Petros
    Petros
    ✭✭✭
    Way too much health recovery, you bring a healer with you, right? He/She's your health recovery.

You really don't need 30k+ health for vDSA

I really wouldn't be using Food buffs anymore, with the CP + Recovery drinks, that's the money maker.

You can get "hard capped" with SR and Armor, so you wouldn't need to "waste" magicka on Harden Armor

Green Dragon's Blood? Go with Coagulating Blood, Healing received by 8% and the Stam regen buff comes from Tripots, use one or the other, using green dragon + tripots, wasteful

Their is an ability that increases your Health when slotted, if health is an issue, slot that instead of Harden Armor

"Our light will bring the dawning of a new hope!" ~ Petros Fordring -The Order of Mundus
    - VR16 Imperial Dragonknight (DC -NA) & The One Handed Tank
  • Anlaemar
    Anlaemar
    ✭✭✭
    Way too much health recovery, you bring a healer with you, right? He/She's your health recovery.

You really don't need 30k+ health for vDSA

I really wouldn't be using Food buffs anymore, with the CP + Recovery drinks, that's the money maker.

You can get "hard capped" with SR and Armor, so you wouldn't need to "waste" magicka on Harden Armor

Green Dragon's Blood? Go with Coagulating Blood, Healing received by 8% and the Stam regen buff comes from Tripots, use one or the other, using green dragon + tripots, wasteful

Their is an ability that increases your Health when slotted, if health is an issue, slot that instead of Harden Armor

- Yes, that's a lot of health recovery, however I have nothing invested in it. It's high because of Nord passives and GDB is up. Can't change it.

- You're right, you don't. I say about 25k would be "okay". 30k health is icing on the cake. Any tank can get 30k+ health.

- I'm not looking to make money so that doesn't apply to me. I use food buffs because of my already low magicka and stamina, health side is a bonus.

- Hard cap is about 32k armor and spell resistance. I have 27k with Harden Armor. My CP points are invested mainly elsewhere. Even if I had all my red CP invested in the respected points, I still wouldn't have this hard capped even with the buff.

- This one can actually be debated on. While Coagulating Blood can be useful for those tanks with less than 30k health ( B)) , I don't need that extra healing. I personally benefit from the stamina regeneration of GDB. Yes, you get Major Endurance from both GDB and tripots. I use tripots for the restores, not the regeneration. GDB takes care of my stamina regeneration besides, and health recovery is the most worthless thing in the game, that just leaves magicka. Which I'm cool with.

- That would be Structured Entropy, giving 5% max health. I've experimented with this. For this to be consistent, you need it on both bars. If you don't, the act of bar swapping will lower your health and that "could" create problems. As I already have plenty of health, I'll roll with the extra armor and SR. And you stated you don't even need 30k.

Your signature says you're Imperial. The things you pointed out are that way because I'm a Nord. I do have to build differently than you would. If I were an Imperial, there are quite a bit of things I would do differently. Keep that in mind.
    Tank
  • Rynier
    Rynier
    Thank you for your guide kind sir. Im pretty new and only just hit lvl 43. I love tanking and the challenge of keeping the glass cannons alive.
    I have some questions i hope you can shed some light on for me. IT might come across as silly but please dont belittle me haha.

The skill bars i had virtually the same as you do . I had your exact same setup on bar one but with my talons at nr 5.

Inner rage , ingenious shield and talons . I how ever swapped chains with the shield run and bash. This helped me neutralize a heavy while i taunt the boss at range and as soon as I swap I puncture.

Now my question is regarding tanking in general and gear.

With the removal of soft capping isnt it best to get all heavy armour? I dont know if it could be that set that has light and medium items as i am too low level to have dropped it.

The second thing is tactics. I have tried my best to taunt all enemies but it is really difficult. I have had to force talons onto both bars to constantly spam to keep my squishies alive. We did Selenes Web dungeon in the reaper march area and with 10 odd NPC`s attacking you its hard to taunt them all. And with the amount of dmg I take i feel it will be very hard to stay alive if you taunt more than 4 or 5 enemies.

Now if i taunt 1 or 2 and the majority of mobs ( not the main boss ) runs past me to the dps and healers. Should I turn to taunt them or just focus on the 3 or 4 on me hoping my party can manage? OR as a tank do you need to taunt every one? I was raged at for not pulling a mob and our healer got smashed early in the fight . but i had taunted 6 guys onto me leaving me with no stamina and if i hadn't popped my ult with GDB id have no stamina to survive that fight.

How do you approach those fights?

• Anlaemar
    Anlaemar
    ✭✭✭
    Rynier wrote: »
    Thank you for your guide kind sir. Im pretty new and only just hit lvl 43. I love tanking and the challenge of keeping the glass cannons alive.
    I have some questions i hope you can shed some light on for me. IT might come across as silly but please dont belittle me haha.

The skill bars i had virtually the same as you do . I had your exact same setup on bar one but with my talons at nr 5.

Inner rage , ingenious shield and talons . I how ever swapped chains with the shield run and bash. This helped me neutralize a heavy while i taunt the boss at range and as soon as I swap I puncture.

Now my question is regarding tanking in general and gear.

With the removal of soft capping isnt it best to get all heavy armour? I dont know if it could be that set that has light and medium items as i am too low level to have dropped it.

The second thing is tactics. I have tried my best to taunt all enemies but it is really difficult. I have had to force talons onto both bars to constantly spam to keep my squishies alive. We did Selenes Web dungeon in the reaper march area and with 10 odd NPC`s attacking you its hard to taunt them all. And with the amount of dmg I take i feel it will be very hard to stay alive if you taunt more than 4 or 5 enemies.

Now if i taunt 1 or 2 and the majority of mobs ( not the main boss ) runs past me to the dps and healers. Should I turn to taunt them or just focus on the 3 or 4 on me hoping my party can manage? OR as a tank do you need to taunt every one? I was raged at for not pulling a mob and our healer got smashed early in the fight . but i had taunted 6 guys onto me leaving me with no stamina and if i hadn't popped my ult with GDB id have no stamina to survive that fight.

How do you approach those fights?

There are no stupid questions, as everyone starts somewhere. :) I hope I can give you some answers that will help you. I'll make my way down.

Up until a couple months ago, I had Talons on my first bar and I had Shielded Assault on bar one as well for awhile. It makes for a good opening. Dive in, drop talons, and taunt a few. Chains is a great skill, especially when you start doing harder content. It makes group up adds a breeze. At your level, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Gear wise, going all heavy armor is good. You see I have it different because there's a passive in the Undaunted skill like called Undaunted Mettle. It increases max health, stamina, and magicka by a percentage per type of armor equipped. It requires level 6 or 7 in the Undaunted line so you may not have it yet. Going all heavy in groups will be your best bet, but while questing/leveling I encourage you to have one of each on so you're leveling those lines as there's some passives on those that you can also get. There'll small bonuses since you'll only have 1 of the respected armor, but everything counts.

The thing with taunting in ESO is that you can't taunt everything, you can only try. You need to use a combination of taunting and CC to keep adds off your buds. If I remember the fight, chains would help getting them grouped up because some of them were archers. Just pull them in. Also, you rely on your group just as much as they do you. If you group up the adds, but they your DPS doesn't take them out fast enough, of course you'll have problems. Group adds and DPS burn them down fast and you're good to go. In the situation you mentioned all the adds run by you, just pop your talons. If no one else has attacked them first, the act of you doing that will aggro them to you without taunting. While it wont last long, at least they'll stay grouped for a bit for you to throw out more taunts/cc.

Just because you're the tank, it doesn't mean that you can get everything. Taunt priority targets, try grouping others, and CC them. As you level and get better gear and start getting champion points, you'll find tanking more targets will get easier. The way I tank isn't possible with the gear I have listed. I can throw out 6-11 taunts and hold my ground easy with the right group.

Hope that answers your questions. :)

Tank
  • Snoopsy
    Snoopsy
    ✭✭
    God bless you, Sir. I just reached VR1 and have been using a bow on the second bar that is just a mess. This is great, and will definitely make me a better tank. Thank you for taking time to write this!
    Edited by Snoopsy on May 5, 2015 2:23AM
  • Anlaemar
    Anlaemar
    ✭✭✭
    Snoopsy wrote: »
    God bless you, Sir. I just reached VR1 and have been using a bow on the second bar that is just a mess. This is great, and will definitely make me a better tank. Thank you for taking time to write this!

Thank you and you're welcome. :) If you try this out, let me know if it works for you and what kind of changes you make (if any) so that is fits your style better. Always great to see the diversity in ESO.

Tank
  • Maphusail
    Maphusail
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for this guide! I personally just begin my Imperial DK levelling and have some similar ideas about skills layout. But using low slash to debuff damage sounds new to me, thanks for advice! As for the gear, before your post I looked toward the combination of Whitestrake's retribution (my main 5 piece set) and Death Wind set (the rest 4 pieces inc. weapons). And what do you think of using Whitestrake's set compared to the Hist?
  • Anlaemar
    Anlaemar
    ✭✭✭
    Maphusail wrote: »
    Thank you for this guide! I personally just begin my Imperial DK levelling and have some similar ideas about skills layout. But using low slash to debuff damage sounds new to me, thanks for advice! As for the gear, before your post I looked toward the combination of Whitestrake's retribution (my main 5 piece set) and Death Wind set (the rest 4 pieces inc. weapons). And what do you think of using Whitestrake's set compared to the Hist?

While I personally wouldn't use it, I've seen some tanks use it (not many people endgame that I've seen). The damage shield every 15 seconds can be a life saver is most situations. I mentioned that a lot of my choices are because I'm not an Imperial. You should have a bigger stamina pool than I do because of Imperial passives, so the Hist set saves me from using stamina when blocking.

Another thing to keep in mind when comparing the two, think of yourself in a fight using both. If you're good on stamina and you fall below the 30% in a pull or a boss fight, you'll get that shield. If you run out of stamina in one of those fights and can't block, that shield will go away real quick, especially against a boss. That shield also won't stop you dieing if you get 1 shot from 50% health. If you're using Hist, you could be dodging possibly fatal blows and your stamina will hold out a lot longer because you will be dodging instead of using it blocking. The same goes for Hist though: if you run out of stamina in the middle of a good sized pull or boss, it can mean death. It's something you will need to experiment with to see which one will roll better with your style.

Something you could also note that if you do use Whitestrake, there's a passive in the The Lord tree (champion points) called Bastion that increases the effectiveness of damage absorbing effects. I can't say this will effect Whitestrake, but it certainly would be worth looking into. :)
    Tank
  • youfrend23eb17_ESO
    Thank prompted a championship points. Try to replace the Hist Bark on the Alessia's Bulwark, more armor.
    West Wind
    На крыльях ветра — к победе!
  • Anlaemar
    Anlaemar
    ✭✭✭
    Thank prompted a championship points. Try to replace the Hist Bark on the Alessia's Bulwark, more armor.

Replace Hist Bark with Alessia to get more armor? The point of using Hist isn't because of armor, it's because of the 5 piece set bonus. It give's dodge chance. Alessia's set bonus isn't worth having and can be achieved by other means if you really wanted it.
    Tank
  • youfrend23eb17_ESO
    Anlaemar wrote: »

Replace Hist Bark with Alessia to get more armor? The point of using Hist isn't because of armor, it's because of the 5 piece set bonus. It give's dodge chance. Alessia's set bonus isn't worth having and can be achieved by other means if you really wanted it.

I changed it to Alessia's Bulvark, and did not regret it. I think with Blood Spawn this set better than in harmony than with Hist Bark.
    Blood Spawn
    6% chance when hit to gain [x] Armor and Spell Resist for 6.0 seconds and restore 15 Ultimate
    Hist Bark
    Gain [x]% dodge chance while blocking
    Alessia's Bulwark
    Being damaged by a melee attack has a 15% chance to reduce attacker's Weapon Damage by 10% for 5 seconds
    West Wind
    На крыльях ветра — к победе!
  • theHollow
    theHollow
    Nice write up, thank you. Well thought out, well "practiced", and well put together. Great ideas, and the theory behind them. Just hit VR1 with my Dunmer DK (made it near launch before it was all that), but my main is a Imperial Templar Tank, very different tanking style. Your write up will help me greatly in handling the DK tanking style.
    aka kiltedpiper
  • Anlaemar
    Anlaemar
    ✭✭✭

I changed it to Alessia's Bulvark, and did not regret it. I think with Blood Spawn this set better than in harmony than with Hist Bark.
    Blood Spawn
    6% chance when hit to gain [x] Armor and Spell Resist for 6.0 seconds and restore 15 Ultimate
    Hist Bark
    Gain [x]% dodge chance while blocking
    Alessia's Bulwark
    Being damaged by a melee attack has a 15% chance to reduce attacker's Weapon Damage by 10% for 5 seconds

If you roll a race that offers stamina/regen as passives, this would be somewhat beneficial. As I stated before, though, you gain more from the Hist Bark because when you dodge an attack, you don't lose stamina. This helps more in a fight long term. If you want to reduce your opponents damage, why wait for the set to proc? You can use Heroic's Slash or Choking Talons.

With more experimenting with my Champion Points, I can sit at 30k Armor and Spell Resistance buffed with Volatile Armor and that is capped at 32k. Another 20'ish points in each and I'll be capped.

If this is related to PvP, though, the story is different. Alessia's Bulwark will probably benefit you more there, but I don't PvP so can't give tips on that.
    Tank
  • Anlaemar
    Anlaemar
    ✭✭✭
    Updated my guide. Expanded Champion Points as well as bar setups. I now have multiple setups instead of just a "cookie cutter" for different content. Looking for constructive criticism! Been experimenting the last few weeks and finally found a middle ground with my setups.
    Edited by Anlaemar on June 21, 2015 10:08AM
    Tank
  • Anlaemar
    Anlaemar
    ✭✭✭
    Have my first video at the end of the guide. Veteran Elden Hollow walkthrough. I was testing out this recording software and a new build. By this "test" I decided to try messing with my settings more because I had some frame rate issues that almost caused me to wipe a couple times. This video does show my general approach with Vet Dungeon pulls, though.
    Tank
  • KingKemet
    KingKemet
    Soul Shriven
    Is there anyone who could tell me all the passive names and skills where they are. Just looking at the picture gets confusing and Im new to MMO's
  • Anlaemar
    Anlaemar
    ✭✭✭
    KingKemet wrote: »
    Is there anyone who could tell me all the passive names and skills where they are. Just looking at the picture gets confusing and Im new to MMO's

If you're asking for which passives you should get, unlock them as soon as you can. You'll have 250+ skill points by the end of the game, so you can get every passive. If you want to know as you said what they are and what they do, check out http://tamrieljournal.com/classes/dragonknight
    Tank
  • Anlaemar
    Anlaemar
    ✭✭✭
    Edit: New video. Veteran Spindleclutch walkthrough.
    Tank
  • foxeh
    foxeh
    Soul Shriven
    Brilliant guide, I'm using the cookie cutter at the moment ( I'm level 21 ) and just reinvested skill points to try and get the other skills. Many thanks bro
  • Anlaemar
    Anlaemar
    ✭✭✭
    foxeh wrote: »
    Brilliant guide, I'm using the cookie cutter at the moment ( I'm level 21 ) and just reinvested skill points to try and get the other skills. Many thanks bro

Great. :) It has anything you would need up till end game content like vDSA and Trials, then it's just swapping things out depending on what you're doing. Mind, though, that my "cookie cutter" is best for groups as you'll have hardly any DPS. If you're soloing, I'd throw more offensive skills on your first bar and go 2H on your second. I rarely do anything solo so I can't give much advice on it.
    Tank
  • Ventimus
    Ventimus
    Awesome guide. Trying to get a better understanding of ESO tanking for Vet content now. Also, love the SoT quote.
  • Ventimus
    Ventimus
    To clarify, you use 1H+S for both bars? Sorry, still new to the game, and not sure if its implied.
  • Anlaemar
    Anlaemar
    ✭✭✭
    Ventimus wrote: »
    To clarify, you use 1H+S for both bars? Sorry, still new to the game, and not sure if its implied.

Yes, I do.
    Tank
  • ryra4
    ryra4
    hi Anlaemar,

what ultimate do you use? also where are your attribute points at? mostly health some stamina?

Thanks!!
  • Komodo
    Komodo
    Hi bro,
    Can this build work in PVP?? please let me know, Im looking for a DK tank PVP!!

Thanks...
    V14 Nord Dragonknight
    V6 Khajiit Nighblade
    V1 Breton Sorcerer
  • Anlaemar
    Anlaemar
    ✭✭✭
    ryra4 wrote: »
    hi Anlaemar,

what ultimate do you use? also where are your attribute points at? mostly health some stamina?

Thanks!!

I always have Magma Shell slotted on one bar and either Standard or Warhorn (morphs) on the other depending on what I'm doing. I have all attributes health. This will change in update 7.

Komodo wrote: »
    Hi bro,

Thanks...

This doesn't work well for PvP, this is pure PvE.
    Tank
  • Komodo
    Komodo
    hi Anlaemar,

Thanks!!

I always have Magma Shell slotted on one bar and either Standard or Warhorn (morphs) on the other depending on what I'm doing. I have all attributes health. This will change in update 7.

Hi bro,

Thanks...

Any pvp tank dk build you know?
    V14 Nord Dragonknight
    V6 Khajiit Nighblade
    V1 Breton Sorcerer
  • Anlaemar
    Anlaemar
    ✭✭✭
    hi Anlaemar,

Thanks!!

Hi bro,

Thanks...

Any pvp tank dk build you know?

I'd give Lefty Lucy's Guide a shot.
    Tank
  • Jack3dJoe
    Jack3dJoe
    I just hit VR1 and was wondering where I should put my attributes. I've got about 35 in health and the rest split in magicka/stamina.