Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Night-blade in need

natewook
natewook
✭✭✭
So i have a character is a khajiit werewolf archer and siphoning night-blade hybrid, when i run out of magica I'll switch to bow and back again when the magica comes back to full I'll switch back. but I've noticed that I'm significantly weaker than anyone else of my level and so I'm looking for advice, one of my top questions is should i dump the bow? if so what should i have for my second skill set?
Edited by natewook on July 21, 2015 9:09PM
sometimes I'll take subjects to far and ask for an arm, leg and maybe an eye, please be patent with me.
remember this thread people: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/193736/should-eso-turn-up-the-heat-aka-gore-revisited/p1
necromancer? why I've neve- I would never do such a thing! XD
  • DrunkenGryffinInn
    Keep the bow, it is good at range for us Nightblades.

What is your primary weapon?

How do you have your attributes set up, points wise?

What bow skills are you using?
    Xbone NA Ebonheart Pact GT: DrunkenGryffin
  • natewook
    natewook
    ✭✭✭
    destruction staff so I'm always at range
    full ranged siphoning, werewolf, archer except 1 passive, clothier, enchanter, race, and Legerdemain
    Venom Arrow, Scorched Earth, Magnum Shot, Bombard, Focused Aim
    sometimes I'll take subjects to far and ask for an arm, leg and maybe an eye, please be patent with me.
    remember this thread people: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/193736/should-eso-turn-up-the-heat-aka-gore-revisited/p1
  • DrunkenGryffinInn
    So, you are mixed use of magika and stamina? I have a similar build. I ditched the bow in favor of duel wield daggers as a my back-up.

You lose the ability of range with bow but make up for it with the range of the staff.

You are right to ditch the bow then, respec your skills and take the points out. Go all magika in your attribute. Look for Nightblade abilities that will reduce enemy armor, and healing. Use those first then pound them with heavy and light attacks.
  • DrunkenGryffinInn
    You might also consider going vampire and ditching the werewolf for this build.
  • natewook
    natewook
    ✭✭✭
    thank you for the advise :smiley: I'll keep my ear open for any other suggestions
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah, werewolf is better for dedicate stam dps
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• natewook
    natewook
    ✭✭✭
    oh and i forgot to mention the fact that I'm wearing med armor with all the perks, i think that half of my problem.
  • Pyro117
    Pyro117
    ✭✭
    natewook - you are setup for a pure stamina build quite nicely. Lots of stamina regen but focusing on magica.

I would think about either going with bow primary and 2H or DW or Sword/shield as a backup (all stamina based).

You can still use Magic based skills. if you want to go magic based, then definitely drop werewolf and I would switch out the medium armor for Heavy/Light mix. Survivability + some magic regen.

DISCLAIMER - The information provided below is how I understand the magic/stamina attribute points from reading the answers given on this site and other pages. I could be completely wrong...

Also, when you increase a magic/stamina attribute that will not only increase the "pool" of available stamina/magic - it also increases the damage. So if you put all your attributes into Magic, then your spells will hit hard, but your bow won't. If you evenly distribute your attribute points between magic/stamina, then both will be weaker than somebody who concentrates into one.

Edited by Pyro117 on July 22, 2015 3:19PM
  • chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭
    Pick stam or magic you cant be hybrid any good player will out damage you hybrids dont work
    Edited by chevalierknight on July 22, 2015 7:49PM