Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Daedra Hearts.

PsychoKRATOS1
PsychoKRATOS1
✭✭
I figure, if you can't find a Daedra Heart, the next best thing would be to find the weapons and armour to deconstruct.

I have been searching and scouring the Internet, well Google.... For a solid location/guide/tips on how to farm daedra hearts.

This isn't so much for me, it's more for the poor souls, like myself(in the past), who spent long minutes of their day :p trying to find the answer to the question:
Where can I go to farm daedric style armour and weapons to hasten the gathering of these long sought after crafting materials?

I know there must be a location in this game/Group dungeon, where the creatures you slay or the bags/crates/urns you loot, will more often than not, drop a weapon or armour piece in this desired style.

Just for the record I have many many many of these Hearts since turning VR6 I have gotten over 200 paladium and only slightly less than 200 daedra hearts.. just from looting chests in and around VR6 EP Auridon (fantastic place to find them is stealing from the first bank + manor you come across in VR6 Auridon). So this would be more for the lower levels/curious people looking for information.

I thank you for all possible info in advance :)
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    If there was anywhere to reliably farm them, no one would post it here for fear ZO would nerf it.

Its simply a hard grind, although Coldharbor would seem the most logical place
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• PsychoKRATOS1
    PsychoKRATOS1
    ✭✭
    I was thinking coldharbour. But that's much too obvious :p
    Of course I know that developers *nerf* things. Some games worse than others, the fact of the matter is; they release a game and then iron out all(most)of the irregularities that pop up anyway. So if there was an area that was intended for this then it is bound to be found by players anyway. An unintentional Daedra heart farm that they then nerf would then jack up the price of Daedra hearts. So those who do farm it or are looking to do so. Either way it would be beneficial.
    Would you think this new motif Xivkyn from the ... soon to be released (September for consoles) would require Daedra hearts too?
    Edited by PsychoKRATOS1 on July 21, 2015 1:12AM
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not likely, Xivkyn will need something different, likely only available in Imperial City
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

• PsychoKRATOS1
    PsychoKRATOS1
    ✭✭
    OzJohnD wrote: »
    Not likely, Xivkyn will need something different, likely only available in Imperial City

Xivkyn heavy looks more like the Daedra heavy armour seen in the trailer. I'm going to enjoy farming IC. PVP Permitting :p.
    Edited by PsychoKRATOS1 on July 21, 2015 1:15AM
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes ... the Xivkyn images I have seen look closer to the Daedric styles seen in Skyrim that I loved the look of

• PsychoKRATOS1
    PsychoKRATOS1
    ✭✭
    OzJohnD wrote: »
    yes ... the Xivkyn images I have seen look closer to the Daedric styles seen in Skyrim that I loved the look of

Yup. Only this time the option to recolour.
  • DrunkenGryffinInn
    You find daedra hearts in your Cadwell Quest Gold Area. You will find them just the same way you find other style material. There is nothing special about daedra hearts nor are they rare.

I find them in urns and backpacks, most often in open areas where NPCs have set up camp or in their homes. I rarely find them in dungeons or delves. I almost never get them from mobs and occasionally from deconstruction.

If you "farm" the Gold level 6 and level 7 area and look in the areas I have suggested you can usually come away with enough to craft a full set of armor and weapons.

ZOS is well aware of where they spawn no need to fear the nerf.
    Xbone NA Ebonheart Pact GT: DrunkenGryffin
  • PsychoKRATOS1
    PsychoKRATOS1
    ✭✭
    You find daedra hearts in your Cadwell Quest Gold Area. You will find them just the same way you find other style material. There is nothing special about daedra hearts nor are they rare.

I find them in urns and backpacks, most often in open areas where NPCs have set up camp or in their homes. I rarely find them in dungeons or delves. I almost never get them from mobs and occasionally from deconstruction.

If you "farm" the Gold level 6 and level 7 area and look in the areas I have suggested you can usually come away with enough to craft a full set of armor and weapons.

ZOS is well aware of where they spawn no need to fear the nerf.

Scrawling through v6 and the higher level areas doesn't bother me. I enjoy doing it. Got a lot of daedra hearts doing it that way. The "Vaults of madness" situated in coldharbour with a couple of level 40s yielded 6 *Daedra Style* equipment. So I guess it's all luck.

• PsychoKRATOS1
    PsychoKRATOS1
    ✭✭
    Heavy sacks.
    Killing various daedra throughout coldharbour and V6+ zones all yield Daedra Hearts

I also found ash city to be a nice farm for all levels xp/DH/Palladium.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    My last daedra heart was from a heavy sack in Cyrodil

• PsychoKRATOS1
    PsychoKRATOS1
    ✭✭
    Imperial city is rampant with hearts.
    Xivkyn looks better and the mats are easier to find.
  • lifefrombelowb14_ESO
    Blacksmith, Clothing, and Woodworking hirelings will on occasion bring you hearts.
  • PsychoKRATOS1
    PsychoKRATOS1
    ✭✭
    Blacksmith, Clothing, and Woodworking hirelings will on occasion bring you hearts.

Yeah - all my characters have hirelings for smithy provisioning clothier and enchanting
    Now with the IC content a lot of the drops are ancient elf/daedric. It's awesome.
    Edited by PsychoKRATOS1 on September 21, 2015 3:22PM