The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Can you level up and loot on Campaigns

booker21
booker21
I played a few times on PVP but i never loot any item neither notice any XP gain from what i did. I`m wondering if you can level up or loot at all when playing campaign?

• Beesting
    Beesting
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes you can, you get xp when you turn in daily quests like kill 20 players or take arrius keep.
    The amount of xp depends on your level, i think it was 2500 xp for my level 26 char

On my vr14 it is 49.000 xp with enlightment and like 12.500 xp without

Also after an hour of pvp you normally get emails with gold and armor, that can be sold like loot.

And if you are in a group you get like 12 k ap an hour even on a average day, so earning 248 k ap to buy for example a cyrodills light ring that sells for 90k or even more does not take long

Have fun!
    Edited by Beesting on July 21, 2015 12:34AM
    Beesting, Bosmer Magica DK, AD EU, crafter
    Slager, Dunmer Magica DK, DC EU, pvp
    Farmer, Dunmer Magica DK, AD EU, trials build

Every major patch looks like the end of the world but somehow i just cannot stop playing.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to question the rewards from PVP in general. I enjoy the Hellz outta the cooperative PVP play (I'm a follower, not a leader), but the rewards are quite trash across the board. AT this point I want to just PVP all the time (feed the addiction), but I constantly have to drop out to refresh gear and make any real character progress.

You'll level up 5x faster doing PVE quests, and gain more additional skill points ta-boot. You'll level up 7x faster running dungeons with a decent group, not to mention the RICH gear you'll get. Loot from PVP mails has been straight crap for me since console launch... green junk.

I must be doing it wrong.

• Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Rewards for the Worthy get better as you keep playing. I have gotten two of the Cyrodil set pieces in the mail. Plus, at the end of the campaign, you get purple gear in the mail if you've reached Reward Tier 3.
    N64 NA EP
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ Not in my experience so far, and it would apprear I'm not alone in that:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/130261/thanks-but-no-thanks-for-the-idiotic-end-of-campaign-reward

Yeah I got a purple mace once I had no intention of using... reminds me of the old RNG club gag from the original DIABLO. "congratulations, here's yer club... sucker!" They need to make the rewards match yer gear type somehow.

You can spend a whole week in a campaign full time, actively working and get jack, or you can spend 30 minutes in a dungeon and get multiple purples (and a chance to trade loot with the group). It's no contest.

PVP is most certainly not for the loot, although it is hella fun.... I guess that's something.
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, the "Rewards for the worthy" mails totally suck. 35 gold (on Blackwater, don't know if it's the same on the other campaigns) is an insult. Should be at least ten times more. As for the gear, it's only good for leveling up crafting skills.
    Halcyon Black
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    After playing a couple of hours with a group, winning and losing battles, I received some pretty good gear at my level. I even received gear for dying several times without taking over anything. This seems to happen if your faction is the underdog. Rislav PS4 NA EP is controlled by AD so we lose a lot, yet I get more stuff than when I joined Juilek PS4 NA EP, which is controlled by EP.

However, since Juilek is controlled by my faction, I am able to ride everywhere without being ganked - lower risk at least - therefore I discovered 2 villages (Bruma to the north and another in the SE where zombies roam, which I believe is Cropsford) that give Radiant quests.

Radiant quests are infinite and you get 270 gold per quest. I repeated as long as I could before DC started taking over Dragonclaw Keep. It's great for farming gold. Find 3 of this...save 4 villagers...kill 3 enemies..rinse and repeat.

The key is entering a campaign that is ruled by your faction so that you can freely travel around and find quests from NPCs standing at a crossroad, or non PVP castles, villages, etc.

And don't forget that Skyshards are in Cyrodiil. I found 4 so far without searching the Internet for locations.

I used to wonder why our home base has a Bank and crafting stations. Now I know...

PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You get xp for... Taking keeps, taking resources, killing guards, killing players, missions, pve quests, dolmens and dungeons,

Reward mails are triggered by the number of AP you earn.

If you are right at the top of your campaign leader board you can get gold gear including master weapons or bits of top trials gear.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Kyye
    Kyye
    ✭✭✭
    After playing a couple of hours with a group, winning and losing battles, I received some pretty good gear at my level. I even received gear for dying several times without taking over anything. This seems to happen if your faction is the underdog. Rislav PS4 NA EP is controlled by AD so we lose a lot, yet I get more stuff than when I joined Juilek PS4 NA EP, which is controlled by EP.

However, since Juilek is controlled by my faction, I am able to ride everywhere without being ganked - lower risk at least - therefore I discovered 2 villages (Bruma to the north and another in the SE where zombies roam, which I believe is Cropsford) that give Radiant quests.

Radiant quests are infinite and you get 270 gold per quest. I repeated as long as I could before DC started taking over Dragonclaw Keep. It's great for farming gold. Find 3 of this...save 4 villagers...kill 3 enemies..rinse and repeat.

The key is entering a campaign that is ruled by your faction so that you can freely travel around and find quests from NPCs standing at a crossroad, or non PVP castles, villages, etc.

And don't forget that Skyshards are in Cyrodiil. I found 4 so far without searching the Internet for locations.

I used to wonder why our home base has a Bank and crafting stations. Now I know...

I would agree with this guy, join a campaign dominated by your faction, you'll receive buffs and you can basicaslly free roam and do quests. But if you are in it just for xp you won't feel much progression as it is not an optimized way, it is basically a side job that they feel should have some sort of reward.
    XBL GT: CWB Hempire
    Bright moons guide your steps.
  • DrunkenGryffinInn
    I would prefer the ability to buy hard to get items with my AP then I wouldn't have to complain about the crap I get from the "Grand Warlord". Seriously, add some purple and yellow crafting materials to the AP merchant and let me improve my own crafted items instead of sending me a purple staff I will only deconstruct.

The rewards for the worthy and the merchants to include the "elite" merchant are sorely lacking in value.
    Xbone NA Ebonheart Pact GT: DrunkenGryffin
  • Thecapeo
    Thecapeo
    ✭✭✭
    Once I hit Veteran I started getting a few set drops from the Rewards emails. And I would highly disagree that the merchants are low on value. Many of the best sets in the game currently can only be acquired through them.