The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Thanks, but no thanks for the idiotic end of campaign reward

Xanthro
Xanthro
✭✭✭
Why on Earth would I now ever play EP on Thornblade?
Let's see, you are outnumbered almost all the time, which means that both the bees and smurfs attack your home territory, at best you have one scroll, so you get almost no bonuses for being in the campaign, and you have to fight against people who have bonuses. Plus, a large percentage of EP players are not VR12 and many are not even veteran ranked.
I thought, well, at least I can look forward to some cash at the end of the campaign. That would be useful.
So, when I got my whole of 6,500 gold, which equates to jack and ***, it pretty much destroys any remaining desire to play on that server.
Seriously, a person can make that much gold in an hour. You get nothing in terms of rewards for playing in Cryodril at this point. None of the items received matter, the gold for a campaign in worse than an hour grind.
You just provided even more incentive for people to only join campaigns where their faction dominates, because then you at least get the bonuses.
There is no legitimate reason to join a losing campaign at this point in terms of reward.
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join chillrend, it's already a target rich enviroment for me, but I'm happy to have more
    Options
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Red has been locked every night. The outnumbering comments are starting to get old. Locked is locked. Deal with it or join an EP farm server if all you are looking forward to is the gold reward.
    Options
  • riverdragon72
    riverdragon72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tier 3 for AD I got 13k... Auriels and Wabba payed out 30+k and mid 20k respectively. :|
    Meh...**** it..
    Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jaxom wrote: »
    Red has been locked every night. The outnumbering comments are starting to get old. Locked is locked. Deal with it or join an EP farm server if all you are looking forward to is the gold reward.

Thornblade NA Red is usually locked for the least amount of time each evening, dropping to 3 then 2 bars before either of the other factions unlock.

Pretending there's no population disparity based on small sample sizes is disingenuous at best.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
    Options
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭

Thornblade NA Red is usually locked for the least amount of time each evening, dropping to 3 then 2 bars before either of the other factions unlock.

Pretending there's no population disparity based on small sample sizes is disingenuous at best.

I'm not trying to be disingenuous. I just don't think the population gap is a large as people make it out to be. For the past week, DC has been at 3 bars while AD and EP have been locked for at least the primary times I play which is EST primetime.(8-11pm).

The problem is the population during off hours, which is a huge problem. I agree wholeheartedly that the Oceanic presence of AD on the server has had drastic repercussions on the server. For many people during most nights, there is rarely a gap. This was what I was eluding to and maybe I didn't elaborate my original post well enough.
    Options
  • Kewljag_66_ESO
    Kewljag_66_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP for the PVP, Winning on the map at anytime during a campaign is the reward, you get character power, more AP, more EXP, and more gold. Winning a campaign and getting campaign rewards is just like a small bonus for gold.
    Options
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with the OP. The gold reward was pretty pathetic.

Hopefully, the addition of gold in the Rewards for the Worthy mails will make up for it somewhat in the future.
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
    Options
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reward was/is pathetic. Not only is the gold chump change but it just shows no thought was put into it. Extremely disappointing considering the game is supposed to be centered around the alliance war.
    Options
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭

locked for two - three hours is not perma locked my friend..nice try though
    and 21 st in my alliance top 100 in all three alliances and 6500 is all i got too..cheap
    Edited by Tintinabula on September 3, 2014 7:15PM
    Options
  • Pchela
    Pchela
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a mail saying I was a feared warrior. That's all the reward I needed :p
    Options
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭

locked for two - three hours is not perma locked my friend..nice try though
    and 21 st in my alliance top 100 in all three alliances and 6500 is all i got too..cheap

Tintin (as I call you at least in Mumble),

My original post was a bit too harsh and didn't get at the root of the problem. I made a subsequent post which agrees with your statement and cleared up what I was trying to convey. During the US Prime time, typically all of the factions are locked. My perspective is a bit skewed since this is the only time I play.

As for the gold reward, that's not what I play for. I consider it a bonus for playing, not my end goal for pvp-ing. The OP's comment's lead me to believe, the main purpose for him/her in pvp is solely for that reward. I do agree that it's certainly lackluster when compared to other methods of gaining gold. I'm hoping that adding gold to bags will offset some of the complaints. It seems to be a fair way to reward PvP-ing as opposed to picking the right alliance. Yes, the first place alliance will get more gold for "winning," however, if you pvp every day, with these changes, the gold should be easier to obtain.

The item rewards they are adding seem "meh" at best.
    Options
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If gold means so much to you, go grind in pve. Most of us find pvp rewarding in and of itself
    Options
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Columba wrote: »
    If gold means so much to you, go grind in pve. Most of us find pvp rewarding in and of itself

Perhaps. Although I personally know several people who cited the poor campaign rewards as one reason they stopped playing. They felt it was a slap in the face more than a "reward".

Me, I'll keep playing because I enjoy Cyrodiil. Despite the crappy reward. :)
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
    Options
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Man Columba, can't believe I agree with you on something.....
    Options
  • wllstrt75b14_ESO
    wllstrt75b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    wow i feel robbed, i stayed on thorn as EP with 2 chars both tier 2 and got a whopping 2500 gold. I am guessing the payout is based now not just on tier but level?

Options
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are 48-49 daily, repeatable city quests in Cyrodiil. You can easily complete 20 of them in 60-90 minutes. That is 6040g not including the gold dropped by the mobs. Compare that to the rewards for 30 days of service in Thornblade.

If you are gold short in Cyrodiil, there are easy ways to earn it (and easy ways to stop spending it) if you feel the end of campaign rewards are too small.

And yes, I feel the end of campaign rewards are too small. I don't PVP for the gold so it doesn't cause me to lose any sleep at night.
    Options
  • Neyephe
    Neyephe
    I got $1500... tier 3, second placed faction, ranked in the 120s... (this was my VR12) -- played 14 days straight... as often as I could.

on my VR6, played one night for 30 minutes... ranked 56, third placed faction... still $1500.

Not sure how they decide what you get... : /
    Options
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neyephe wrote: »
    I got $1500... tier 3, second placed faction, ranked in the 120s... (this was my VR12) -- played 14 days straight... as often as I could.

on my VR6, played one night for 30 minutes... ranked 56, third placed faction... still $1500.

You got $1500? Damn?! Where do I sign up for that campaign!?!?!?
    Options
  • Xanthro
    Xanthro
    ✭✭✭
    If I spend all weekend helping you move, and you offer me a hearty thank you, that is enough.
    If you turn around and hand me $5 for me trouble, I'm insulted.
    The end of campaign rewards are insulting. They are a slap in the face. They don't even pay for a single night of potions and stones for Resurrection.
    Getting nothing at all would have been less insulting, as $6,500 gold is literally meaningless.
    And to those talking about getting experience and AP, I've long been VR12 and spend over 50K in AP daily and still have 600,000. It's pretty much useless at this point.
    What would have been nice is enough money to buy a stack of potions at least, or some crafting materials, or stones, but don't insult me with a worthless amount of gold.
    Options
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neyephe wrote: »

I'm assuming the campaigns were different lengths.

30 day campaigns need the rewards 90 day campaigns were paying out. I have bills to pay, all of which are related to the giant money sink pvp is.
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
    Options
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xanthro wrote: »
    If I spend all weekend helping you move, and you offer me a hearty thank you, that is enough.
    If you turn around and hand me $5 for me trouble, I'm insulted.

Can I have $5?
    Options
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just found out that the 14 day factions get as much for winning as the 30 days..so..double your money!! play the 14 day campaigns twice and make double gold farmers!
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    just found out that the 14 day factions get as much for winning as the 30 days..so..double your money!! play the 14 day campaigns twice and make double gold farmers!

Not true from my experience as I I just homed in Thornblade last night, hit Reward Tier 3 in a few hours and got 10K Gold (winning campaign only) sitting in my mail when I woke up this morning ( =

When I was #2 overall on Chillrend I got less than 9K gold overall for all 3 emails (although we took third place).
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well from my friends experience they won chill twice and got 50 k gold each time(maybe the fact you just homed and got third place?..mebbe?..ya think?)
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    well from my friends experience they won chill twice and got 50 k gold each time(maybe the fact you just homed and got third place?..mebbe?..ya think?)

Your friend is lying to you if he said he got 50K gold. That's more than I got from the 90 day campaign and I was #2 AP overall on that campaign as well.

Second I said I homed in Thornblade (which AD won) so the "Winning campaign" gold reward is 10K, the other mails are always less than that one so 50K is impossible.

I don't think you understand how the end of campaign rewards work.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i got very close to 50 k. 42k to be exact and was only rank 24 in both 90 days so something is not right. First we won second we got third.
    Edited by Tintinabula on September 3, 2014 10:49PM
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We got second place in the first 90 day campaign and I got something under 40K gold. If I recall the people in the top 50 or so in first place got 3K more gold than us which would have been your 42K.

There is no difference sadly between between Rank 1 and Rank 50 when it comes to gold. I'm not sure quite where the threshold is, but if you're in the top 50 and you're winning the campaign you're getting max gold.
    Edited by Ezareth on September 3, 2014 11:05PM
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone receive a "Campaign Loyalty Reward" email?

When the last set of campaigns ended, I received 4 emails:
    • Renown is Yours!
    • Campaign Loyalty Reward
    • Our Thanks, Warrior!
    • Congratulations!

The Loyalty email contained the biggest amount of gold 10K whereas the others contained 9K, 7.5K and 3K, respectively.

This time they contained 3K, 2.5K and 1K. I finished in the mid-20s for my 3rd place faction and in the low 100s overall (around 135 or so, I think).

Last time, I cracked the Top 100 overall but was lower in my own faction.
    Options
  • LunaRae
    LunaRae
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got 1,666 for my V2 Templar on NA Thorn - T2 last place reward. Going to log in shortly to see my nightblade reward, based on the feedback I'm reading not expecting much. Like someone said I make more money running dailies in 1 hour in Cyrodiil compared to my service for the last 90 days.
    Stands-Strong-As-Snow ~ Argonian Templar DC NA V14
    Ytheri ~ Argonian Nightblade EP Thornblade NA V14
    Heals-All-Colours ~ Argonian Templar EP Thornblade NA V14
    Stands-In-Still-Waters~ Argonian Sorcerer EP Thornblade NA V2
    Options
  • Strakand
    Strakand
    ✭✭✭
    Evergnar wrote: »
    Reward was/is pathetic. Not only is the gold chump change but it just shows no thought was put into it. Extremely disappointing considering the game is supposed to be centered around the alliance war.

This is absolutely a joke. It is almost like the took a 0 off the end of my reward compared to Wabba. That make a huge difference. It was not a reward it was a complete and utter joke. Just another sign of complete lack of any common sense among ZOS devs.
    Options