Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Improvement items

Sozzy
Sozzy
Hi guys, just a quick question:
How do I find more of the Improvement items for blacksmithing(honing stone, dwarven oil etc) as I'm about to get into Ebony armour and wanted to start building it myself but I obviously don't want to be running around with white gear. So where do I easily get the improvement stuff other than what my hireling sends?
Erg- VR2 Orc DK DC Azura's Star
Davesh- Level 26 Altmer Sorc DC Blackwater Blade
PS4 EU
  • DustyFlapdragon
    Guild stores but honestly they are usually over priced.

Other than that random drops and deconing gear you find. Not seen them for sale anywhere else but I'm fairly new so not certain...
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deconstructing gear has a chance to reward tempers based on the item quality.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • KillSide
    KillSide
    Lynx7386 wrote: »

You can also refine raw materials
    PS4 ||| Aldmeri Dominion...Altmer...Sorcerer

Server: NA
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeh, make sure you have skill points in the appropriate crafting passive to increase your chance of Tempers dropping.
    Decon items you find
    Refining also gives you a chance
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Boost your passives so you will decon and refine better,

max out your hirelings and they will send you more and better stuff
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    KillSide wrote: »
    Lynx7386 wrote: »

You can also refine raw materials

This, with skill points in crafting refinement that seems to be a more likely way of getting improvement materials than deconstructing.

Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• JJBaboon
    JJBaboon
    ✭✭
    Don't forget to do your crafting writs each and every day. The chests you get from completing the crafting writs all have a chance to contain upgrade materials as well. Much of the legendary upgrade material I have was obtained this way. Not to mention the boxes chests often contain rare materials and surveys to find more raw crafting material.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    The surveys I get are for Craglorn (I'm V10), and they are in zones that are awful to get to solo (glass cannon against 5 mobs ... nasty, I expect to die at least once per combat but hopefully kill at least 2-3 of the mobs first), but the chest rewards can be good.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend