Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Death's Wind

Brightxdawn
Brightxdawn
✭✭✭
I am really lost on this hidden crafting station. I just crafted 3 pieces of armor all of which have at least 3 traits researched and I am getting no bonuses and the pieces of armor I crafted are not labeled Death's Wind. How the heck does this work?
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure you select the correct tab at upper right corner. There are four of them: set armor, set weapons, regular armor, regular weapons (maybe not exactly in this order). Make sure you select either set armor or set weapons. When you choose level, styles and traits, the result is visible in the center. It should clearly say it's Death Wind set and show the bonuses. If you lack skill, trait or materials, then crafting of that item is disabled. There are two checkboxes (have items, have knowledge) that allow you to see what the item would be. I suggest you UNcheck them. Then you can at least navigate to correct place.

After crafting the item is named with the set, e.g. sash of Death's Wind. The naming varies a bit, but there is always the set name in it. If the item is named byt the material, it is regular, e.g. Silverweed Sash (of enchant).

To get the bonuses you actually have to wear them. If you wear three items, you get 2- and 3-item bonuses. If you wear five, you get all bonuses.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • gamsir
    gamsir
    ✭✭
    Yes, what Helediron said!

It took me a while to figure out too. If you're on console press the right triggers until the option to craft the 'sets' appear.
    It's a pretty good set btw, still my primary 5 pieces go to set, even though I could craft any for my five medium armour set
  • psdd
    psdd
    Soul Shriven
    -deleted
    Edited by psdd on July 19, 2015 4:39PM
  • Brightxdawn
    Brightxdawn
    ✭✭✭
    Sweet I can see the options now thanks!
  • TwoBlades
    TwoBlades
    Thanks for explaining this. I've made a new cuirass for my tank and got nothing special.
  • Eyecon74
    Eyecon74
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they would just remove the option to craft standard armour in the set crafting stations, I have made this mistake a few times, last time I used about 500 Ancestor Silk before I realised my mistake...
  • joker0137
    joker0137
    ✭✭✭
    I've done that too, but its a mistake I'll not make again!
    Just A White Line Nightmare

PS4 EU server
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eyecon74 wrote: »
    I wish they would just remove the option to craft standard armour in the set crafting stations, I have made this mistake a few times, last time I used about 500 Ancestor Silk before I realised my mistake...

Then what if you don't have enough traits to make a full set? You have to go to a town and craft the last piece, kinda a pita. They should make it automatically start on the set gear tab though.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured